ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How can you check NARIC database against a university?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

uiqbal

How can you check NARIC database against a university?

Post by uiqbal » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:28 pm

Hi,
I would like to know how can you check your university in NARIC database. URL or link would help. How do the caseworker work on this. If even my university is listed on NARIC database do they still want the NARIC certificate for my degree.

I have done 4 year BS(Computer Science) from Pakistan.

Regards,
Umar.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: How can you check NARIC database against a university?

Post by pantaiema » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:02 pm

No ypu can not:
Reason:
If they provide it, they will loose their revenue.

They will check it for ypu in their data base and U need to pay ariund £35

Pantaiema
uiqbal wrote:Hi,
I would like to know how can you check your university in NARIC database. URL or link would help. How do the caseworker work on this. If even my university is listed on NARIC database do they still want the NARIC certificate for my degree.

Regards,
Umar.

shahidsuri

Post by shahidsuri » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:26 pm

No, you can check whether your qualification is comparable to UK bachlors by calling them on 0870 990 4088.

pantaiema wrote:No ypu can not:
Reason:
If they provide it, they will loose their revenue.

They will check it for ypu in their data base and U need to pay ariund £35

Pantaiema
uiqbal wrote:Hi,

Regards,
Umar.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:06 am

Hi shahidsuri

Have you really done this or U just guess it ?????. I am asking because Your inforamtion is confusing the members of this forum.

I just called the telephone number you mention 15 minutes ago and all information I got was that what person should do to assess his degree and to get NARIC comparability letter. Which presumable most of people have known about this (pay online and send copy of your certificates, trascripts, and offcial translation to english). FYI 0870 990 4088 is just NARIC call centre phone number.

They will not check their data base, presumable because:
-As I mention before they will not do this as by doing this they loose their revenue from asseing international qualifications.
-Also in some cases it might be very difficult to assess without actually seeing copy of your grade sheet/academic transcript, copy of certificate, etc.

Pantaiema
shahidsuri wrote:No, you can check whether your qualification is comparable to UK bachlors by calling them on 0870 990 4088.
Last edited by pantaiema on Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

niruv

Post by niruv » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:02 pm

I have a query here.
What exactly NARIC check mean.
Does they only check our qualification comparable to UK standard or
Does they only check whether the university is recognized or BOTH?

usman.saleem

Post by usman.saleem » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:14 pm

It's a recognition and evaluation service.
http://www.naric.org.uk/index.asp?page=64&section=1

usman.saleem

Post by usman.saleem » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:18 pm

In order to claim points for education, HSMP confirms your degree with NARIC for its equivalence. For instance, my M.Sc degree is comparable to UK's bachelor degree according to NARIC, so I can only claim 30 points.

I include NARIC evaluation letter with my application just to make things clear for the HSMP case worker (as well as for my own peace of mind).

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:04 pm

NARIC stand for : The National Recognition Information Centre (for UK)

-The only official information provider on the comparability for the United Kingdom. To provide recognition service and comparability information of all international qualifications
- The national agency under contract to the UK Government Department for Education and Skills.

Find more information from their official website:
http://www.naric.org.uk/

They check whether your qualification comparable to UK standard. Of course this is also mean whether your university is recognized or not because if it is not recognised then you will not get comparability letter.

Hope this information is helpful

Pantaiema

niruv wrote:I have a query here.

shahidsuri

Post by shahidsuri » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:53 pm

I have called them two or three times and they were able to tell me what is the comparison level of the foriegn qualification in UK.

You are right its their call centre number. Try speaking to an agent.

I think they charge you for the certificate of equilancy and not for a query in their database.
pantaiema wrote:NARIC stand for : The National Recognition Information Centre (for UK)

-The only official information provider on the comparability for the United Kingdom. To provide recognition service and comparability information of all international qualifications
- The national agency under contract to the UK Government Department for Education and Skills.

Find more information from their official website:
http://www.naric.org.uk/

They check whether your qualification comparable to UK standard. Of course this is also mean whether your university is recognized or not because if it is not recognised then you will not get comparability letter.

Hope this information is helpful

Pantaiema

niruv wrote:I have a query here.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:18 pm

Dear Shahidsuri

Have you really done the following:
- Call the telephone number you mention (NARIC call centre), mention your school and type of foreign cetificate you have, asking them to check their data bases and they let you know whether your certificayte is comparable with UK degree ?.

If this were true, this is really a good news for HSMP applicants:
- Why need to spend £35.25 (£30 + 5.25 for VAT). If you could get it for free by calling them ?
- Why the previous HSMP applicants need to apply for NARIC comparability letter if they could get it for free ?
- Why need to spend time (at least three weeks)
- Why these guys (too many of them) need to set up a sticky thread in this forum entitle: NARIC Database Collection" if they could get it immedeately FOR FREE by calling NARIC, are they not well informed ????
see the following:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=13098

Al least prospective HSMP applicants, could try the telephone number mentioned before to test it ? and tell the forum what you get ?.

As I mentioned before, I have tried to call NARIC using the telephone number you provided but no success, probably I was out of luck, do not know...

"letter of comparability" (you pay £35.25 for this) is a different things with "Cerficate of comparability". If you already get "letter of comparability" and need "Cerficate of comparability" you still need to add additional (around £25 on the top of it). But you do not need Cerficate because "letter of comparability" is enough for HSMP applicants.

Pantaiema
shahidsuri wrote: I think they charge you for the certificate of equilancy and not for a query in their database.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:28 pm

shahidsuri wrote:I have called them two or three times and they were able to tell me what is the comparison level of the foriegn qualification in UK.
How about this. Has anyone verified this ??
Has any one succesfully got to know their degree comparison for free by calling NARIC ??.

Pantaiema

pinnacle

Post by pinnacle » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:14 pm

pantaiema,

It really works. I called them on 0870 990 4088. Asked them if my degree is comparable. They were able to verify this on phone. But if you require a letter from them you have to pay the fees.

chicku

Post by chicku » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:31 pm

pinnacle wrote:pantaiema,

It really works. I called them on 0870 990 4088. Asked them if my degree is comparable. They were able to verify this on phone. But if you require a letter from them you have to pay the fees.
Getting a letter is always better as , just in case, as you cannot quote them back to the caseworker. No?

chicku

Post by chicku » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:34 pm

pinnacle wrote:pantaiema,

Getting a letter is always better as , just in case, as you cannot quote them back to the caseworker. No?

nsm2010

Post by nsm2010 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:31 pm

I called them and got my comparision only verbally and informed Forum mates on many threads regarding the same telephone number. and many of them called and got their Naric comparability instantly.
But they will not issue you a certificate neither they will provide information about wether your degree is English mediuim mentioned in their database.
enjoy!!!!

nsm2010