ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eu family member visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

George9898
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Eu family member visa

Post by George9898 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:30 pm

Me and my gf both live in northern Ireland but where born in GB we have a 2 year old daughter that because she was born in northern Ireland is a dual citizen we both want to move to Sweden my gf in has a volunteer job offer there so there's no pay I'm a HGV driver and could transfer my license the first option is apply for work permits but not sure if my gf could get one as it's not a paying job the other option is a family member visa but not sure how that works as we are her parents rather than a dependent has anyone else had this problem.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Eu family member visa

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:45 pm

are you both British citizens only?
In that case you are 3rd country nationals as the UK is now outside the EU. You could not benefit from your child’s dual nationality, a minor cannot sponsor parents. I expect that is the case in all countries same as UK immigration regulations.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

George9898
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Eu family member visa

Post by George9898 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:54 pm

Yep both only British citizens although looking into if I can get Irish citizenship just hinges on if my dad is on the Irish foreign births registered created another post to see if anyone can help me with that. Looks like work permit is going to have to be the route then.