ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP / Spouse visa, holidays?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ms1993
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

BRP / Spouse visa, holidays?

Post by ms1993 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:04 pm

Hi there

My husband is on FLR M and we’re looking to book a holiday. Some flights are not direct and have a connection. I wanted to know if my husband would need a visa in the connecting country as well? For example, we’re looking at Morocco. There’s a good flight deal but with a connection in Portugal. I’d have to get him an e-visa for Morocco anyway but would he need a visa for Portugal as well? He wouldn’t be exiting the country, maybe going through check in and immigration control again.

I wasn’t sure where to take this query too but this group has always been incredibly helpful for & to me in the past so maybe someone knows!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: BRP / Spouse visa, holidays?

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:09 pm

He would need a Schengen visa yes if he goes through immigration in an EU country. His spouse visa doesn't give him any concessions etc as it is only relevant to the UK.

Going through Immigration is exiting/entering a country.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ms1993
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: BRP / Spouse visa, holidays?

Post by ms1993 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:01 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:09 pm
He would need a Schengen visa yes if he goes through immigration in an EU country. His spouse visa doesn't give him any concessions etc as it is only relevant to the UK.

Going through Immigration is exiting/entering a country.
Ab okay understood. Thank you!