ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bringing dogs to EU on short-term stay from Peru

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, CR001, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, Administrator

yurtyberger
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Bringing dogs to EU on short-term stay from Peru

Post by yurtyberger » Mon Jul 08, 2024 10:52 pm

Hi all,

My girlfriend has two dogs, we were hoping to bring them to the EU for a short stay, as we're spending some time in the UK and wanted to stay in Spain for a couple of months afterwards.

I can't find any guidance on whether it's okay to bring dogs in to the EU if it's just a short-stay visa. As i can't find anything saying it's not possible, I'm hoping it's okay. Can anyone confirm?

(Also, same question goes for the UK if anyone knows! There's six months Visa free for Peruvians but I'm not sure if it's okay to bring dogs)

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Bringing dogs to EU on short-term stay from Peru

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jul 08, 2024 11:19 pm

yurtyberger wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2024 10:52 pm
Hi all,

My girlfriend has two dogs, we were hoping to bring them to the EU for a short stay, as we're spending some time in the UK and wanted to stay in Spain for a couple of months afterwards.

I can't find any guidance on whether it's okay to bring dogs in to the EU if it's just a short-stay visa. As i can't find anything saying it's not possible, I'm hoping it's okay. Can anyone confirm?

(Also, same question goes for the UK if anyone knows! There's six months Visa free for Peruvians but I'm not sure if it's okay to bring dogs)
Not a regular question on immigration boards!
Perhaps these links can help. The main concern must be rabies (but I can't answer questions on the subject).
UK: https://www.gov.uk/bring-pet-to-great-britain
EU: https://food.ec.europa.eu/animals/movem ... y-union_en
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.