ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wrong Visa Category Mentioned on the Receipt (Urgent)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bkhan

Wrong Visa Category Mentioned on the Receipt (Urgent)

Post by bkhan » Fri May 07, 2004 9:40 am

Hi,

My nephew applied for his Student visa today (at Fedex Lahore). He was given a receipt for the payment by Fedex.
The receipt has a space for Visa Category.

My nephew has applied for a student visa but the receipt shows "Workpermit dependent".

The forms have been filled properly. The mistake is by the Fedex clerk on the receipt.

What should we do?
Will this cause any trouble?

tvt

Post by tvt » Fri May 07, 2004 10:00 am

I would contact the Embassy / High Commission about the error. You probably paid twice the amount (WP related visas usually cost twice student visas).
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

bkhan

Post by bkhan » Fri May 07, 2004 10:34 am

We did not pay twice the amount. The amount paid was correct. The only mistake is on the receipt (issued by Fedex). There was no change made in the form except that they rearranged all the attached documents. Kayalami can you please comment?

I am sorry for posting the query in the wrong forum. Moderator may move it to the "general" forum.

bkhan

Post by bkhan » Fri May 07, 2004 4:11 pm

Sorry everyone but can anyone please advise. According to a friend, this does not make any difference as long as the forms have been filled properly. The Visa category on the receipt is for Fedex internal use onely and has no relation to the High Commission.
Is that correct?