ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re: False domestic violence or such accusation by foreign spouse

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, CR001, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, Administrator

ztech
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ztech » Thu Oct 10, 2024 1:17 am

Hi.

I thought I would post this here to help those that may fall in or prevent them from falling into such traps.I am speaking from firsthand experience.

So, you got married abroad. You then pay for visas, NHS surcharge, etc. and bring your foreign spouse here. After she moves to the United Kingdom, one day, she suddenly calls the Police and/or Social services and complains of domestic violence. You are now in deep trouble. What should you do now?

The first mistake that you did was bringing a foreign spouse to the United Kingdom. Your marriage is legally recognized by the English courts as you have declared to the Home office and brought her here as a spouse. This is the same as Civil registry done here. If you had done a Islamic wedding here with a girl from here, you would have been safe as Islamic weddings are NOT legally recognized.

STEP 1:

Now, time is of the essence. This is not the time for emotion or crying! Your wife who you have loved for years has thought things through before stabbing you in the back. NO, she has not recieved bad advice or is being misguided. She does not love you anymore - accept it. It's all over.

Accusations of domestic violence does not happen all of a sudden in one day. Some wives injure themselves and make multiple complaints to build up a case. If she never made any domestic violence complaint in the past, she will then blame you for being Controlling and coercieve.

STEP 2:

The police will turn up at your property to arrest you. No, Miranda rights or warrants are not required. If an officer thinks a crime is being committed, he can arrest you. You will be taken to a Police station where a Sgt. will speak to the officers who arrested you and then you will end up spending the night in a cell. A duty solicitor will come and speak to you at some point.

STEP 3:

You will be released with a caution. When you reach home, you will find that your wife has gone to stay with her relatives. This is good. In worst case scenarios, you will not be admitted to your own house but have to keep paying the mortgage! Now, you need to call your GP and make an appointment that you are facing depression. Next, do not answer the phone for a few days. If you do, just say that you are ill with severe depression and try delay tactics. Miraculously, your in-laws will no longer answer when you call them and block you.

STEP 4 :

Inform the Home office about Marriage breakdown to StatusReviewUnit@homeoffice.gov.uk .

The Home office will respond :

"Once we are informed of a relationship breakdown by either party, the sponsor ceases sponsorship. Therefore please note any valid leave to enter or remain in the UK that your former partner may hold thereafter, will be at the discretion of the Secretary of State and not reliant upon your sponsorship. We will not be able to disclose any further information in relation to this and any requests for information in relation to another person will not be responded to."

You are showing your power here and have cancelled her visa in a way.

STEP 5 :

Your wife will come to pick up her clothes and wedding jewellery. She will turn up suddenly outside your house and then call 999 and officers will come. It is important to note that the Police did not tell her to come on a specific day and time.

So, what you need to do is video and pack all items in bin bags and leave them outside as soon as he left the first time. Your wedding jewllery was bought by you. Now's the time to hunt for the reciepts. YOU OWN the jewellery, not your wife according to the law. If she wants the jewellery and if the police demand it, blankly refuse and say that you have reciepts and that she should go to the courts as it is a civil matter. Stand strong and ignore any mullahs who talk about mahr being hers and what not!

STEP 6:

If any property is in your name, immediately transfer them in your parents' or sibling's name. You may also want to clear out your bank account and transfer to them.

If you had a child with your wife,

your wife will apply for a visa on the basis of domestic violence and being the mother of a British child. She will be given a Discretionary leave visa. You CANNOT stop her from staying here. Once on this special visa, she will get her ILR after 10 years! If she was with you, she would have obtained it much earlier.

She will come after you for child mainteanance. Prepare to be fked for the rest of your life till your child is 18. You have to pay 25% of your monthly earnings before tax!
e.g. You earn £1,000/month.
Child maintenance will be £250.
Your income tax and NI may be £200.
Your take home pay will be £550.
That person [inappropriate word substituted by moderator] may also claim for her mainteanance too as she may claim that she is unskilled to work. so, expect for financial bleed.

If she does not come after you, forget about her and your child. You run after that child and it will ruin you. On average, child contact orders take 6 years and £30,000 and several trips to family courts every month with a solicitor.

To find out where your wife lives, use a Tracing agent on the internet to locate her address. It will cost you around £250. But, DO NOT approach her. She can get a non-molestation order against you and then you cannot approach her and have to stay x feet away from her.

Why did your wife do this to you? She has developed a greed for a free council flat and potential benefits from the govt. She does not need you or take care of you as a roof over her head and money in her pocket is good enough for her.

I have obtained this advice from multiple people and multiple solicitor visits. I hope this is of use to you. And, don't wait around. Get married again to a better woman

ztech
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ztech » Thu Oct 10, 2024 1:20 am

Later on, someone from social services will call you and record your conversation. They will make statements and ask you to agree in this way e.g. "You did not let your wife work, yeah?" Choose not to answer or simply hang up. This is just a tickboxing excercise.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Oct 10, 2024 11:07 am

I presume that you have recently gone through this process and are writing this from a place of deep hurt. But please refrain from using inappropriate language.

I also wanted to touch on a couple of minor points. Miranda rights, more accurately Miranda warning, are a thing in the US because of a US Supreme Court judgment. Like the First Amendment or "taking the Fifth", it does not have any effect outside the US, though we are obviously more aware of it because of American cultural influence from Hollywood movies.

The UK has long recognised the right to remain silent (guess who the US got the idea from), but in the UK, negative inferences can be drawn from your refusal to answer questions, unlike in the US. Always get advice from a legal professional before exercising rights.

About transferring property to family members, I would definitely suggest consulting a legal professional before doing that. A judge could see that as a transparent attempt to avoid paying your spouse in a divorce and they may have legal powers to undo the transfer.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

ztech
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ztech » Thu Oct 10, 2024 7:29 pm

Apologies. Not sure how the word got in while I was typing. :oops:
I have been through hell and back and have done everything as advised by solicitors.

A foreign spouse will need to cough up £30-50k if she comes after you for various things. And, that's why they simply disappear and stop all contact.