ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parent visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mahjouba13
Newly Registered
Morocco

Parent visa

Post by Mahjouba13 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:03 pm

Hello all,
I am the mother of a British child. My child was born in the uk while I was on spouse visa in 2008.due to domestic violence I had to come back to my country and never went back to uk. In 2023, my ex and I decided that it is a better option for our daughter to study in the uk. It was all going well, and I sent the child to the uk in November last year. Unfortunately her father didn't show up to pick her up. And social services got involved and she is now with foster care. I want now to apply for a parent visa to be with my daughter since social services are telling me that it is an option for me. But the thing is when I looked for the requirements it's says adequate maintenance, I don't know how exactly is adequate and if I don't have enough funds for adequate maintenance would my visa be rejected?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Parent visa

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:34 pm

I do not think the advice received from social services is necessarily entirely the full picture. There is a route to remain in the UK as a parent of a UK citizen. Is your daughter a UK citizen?
Even assuming she has UK citizenship. Given the circumstances of your daughter’s arrival you might find the Home Office would determine that the child’s best interest is not best served by remaining in the UK.
I suggest you take professional legal advice before proceeding.