ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK visitor visa for parents from Pakistan

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

muarslan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

UK visitor visa for parents from Pakistan

Post by muarslan » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:20 pm

Hello,

I am looking for some advice, I would like to apply for my parents to visit from Pakistan towards the end of this year or next year after doing some research on the requirements.

Just to provide some information:

Visit reason is to visit their children and grandchildren
My father is now retired and receiving a pension from a local government position
My mother is a housewife
They have money to support themselves in Pakistan, I would like to sponsor their costs for their visit to the UK
I would like some advice as to what is required to show they will return to Pakistan?
Me and my husband work full time and will provide payslips
We have savings over £8,000 to show we can accommodate their visit and also space in our house
Does it matter the duration of their visa either 6 months or 5 years? I assume the requirements are the same or is a better a chance it will be considered better either way?

Reading the guidance from the Home Office website everything seems straightforward but I have no prior experience for any UK visa application and reading through the forums I think I will need some help, I would appreciate any that anyone can provide.

Thanks

Muneerah

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: UK visitor visa for parents from Pakistan

Post by Ticktack » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:41 pm

muarslan wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:20 pm
Hello,

I am looking for some advice, I would like to apply for my parents to visit from Pakistan towards the end of this year or next year after doing some research on the requirements.

Just to provide some information:

Visit reason is to visit their children and grandchildren
My father is now retired and receiving a pension from a local government position
My mother is a housewife
They have money to support themselves in Pakistan, I would like to sponsor their costs for their visit to the UK have they got tangible savings?
I would like some advice as to what is required to show they will return to Pakistan? Anything and everything to show they're stable where they live.
Me and my husband work full time and will provide payslips
We have savings over £8,000 to show we can accommodate their visit and also space in our house
Does it matter the duration of their visa either 6 months or 5 years? I assume the requirements are the same or is a better a chance it will be considered better either way? It doesn't matter, just the risk of financial loss is greater. Most people test the waters with their tippy toe first before diving in.

Reading the guidance from the Home Office website everything seems straightforward but I have no prior experience for any UK visa application and reading through the forums I think I will need some help, I would appreciate any that anyone can provide.

Thanks

Muneerah
Keep asking questions on this thread and we can help guide you as you proceed.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

muarslan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: UK visitor visa for parents from Pakistan

Post by muarslan » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:15 pm

Thank you for your response, they do not have much savings around £4,000 I am sure is not enough for them to support themselves. They have paperwork for the house and land but I don’t know what else to add, I have 2 brothers who live with them but they are over 18 so I don’t know if this would help them or not.