ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK 6 months visit visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zyounus
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

UK 6 months visit visa

Post by zyounus » Sat Jun 01, 2024 1:16 pm

Hello,

I am applying for a 6 month UK visit visa from Pakistan for my parents. I am a British Citizen and work full time.
My parents applied for a visit visa back in 2016 where my father did a mistake in the form and their visa got rejected.
I applied for my mother visit visa in 2017 and sponsored her. She got the visa and came for a month and went back. At that time I was on Tier 1 visa.

I now want to apply for both my parents’ visa and they will visit us for a few weeks. I want to sponsor them but my father still works and has his own business. I will attach his bank statement just to show he is working. Hope that’s okay.
I have a couple of questions and I hope someone can help.

Should I apply their visa together or should I apply for my mother visa first given she got it last time.

My question is regarding where they live. Their current address that is on all documentation is not their own property. It is a family home - living there since 30 yrs. The question on the visa form is whether they own/rent/other this property. We chose other as they don’t own or rent this property. They do have another property.
So basically we chose other option and in the comment box to explain, we have written the following: My current address is a family-owned property where I live. This property is not owned by me personally, nor do I pay rent, as it is owned by my extended family. However, I do own another property in a different location. The family property where I currently reside has been my home for [30 years]. My owned property is located at xxx and its worth xxx. Is this the right answer or do you suggest something else?

My father owns his own business, as mentioned in the application. In his account, he typically maintains a balance of around 1.5 to 2 million Pakistani Rupees, which converts to approximately £4,000 to £5,000.
Given that I am sponsoring both my parents for their visit to the UK, I want to confirm if this amount is sufficient for the application. Additionally, please note that my mother is financially dependent on my father.

Many thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: UK 6 months visit visa

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jun 02, 2024 12:25 am

zyounus wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2024 1:16 pm
Hello,

I am applying for a 6 month UK visit visa from Pakistan for my parents. I am a British Citizen and work full time.
My parents applied for a visit visa back in 2016 where my father did a mistake in the form and their visa got rejected.
I applied for my mother visit visa in 2017 and sponsored her. She got the visa and came for a month and went back. At that time I was on Tier 1 visa.

I now want to apply for both my parents’ visa and they will visit us for a few weeks. I want to sponsor them but my father still works and has his own business. I will attach his bank statement just to show he is working. Hope that’s okay. Not only just to show he is working, it helps the application if the applicants have income and not solely financially dependent on the person they are visiting in UK.

Should I apply their visa together or should I apply for my mother visa first given she got it last time. Together

My question is regarding where they live. Their current address that is on all documentation is not their own property. It is a family home - living there since 30 yrs. The question on the visa form is whether they own/rent/other this property. We chose other as they don’t own or rent this property. They do have another property. Not an issue.
So basically we chose other option and in the comment box to explain, we have written the following: My current address is a family-owned property where I live. This property is not owned by me personally, nor do I pay rent, as it is owned by my extended family. However, I do own another property in a different location. The family property where I currently reside has been my home for [30 years]. My owned property is located at xxx and its worth xxx. Is this the right answer or do you suggest something else? Any documentary evidence to back up ownership and value? Is there income accruing to your parents from the property?

My father owns his own business, as mentioned in the application. In his account, he typically maintains a balance of around 1.5 to 2 million Pakistani Rupees, which converts to approximately £4,000 to £5,000. Are his personal and business accounts different?
Given that I am sponsoring both my parents for their visit to the UK, I want to confirm if this amount is sufficient for the application. Additionally, please note that my mother is financially dependent on my father. There is no concept of sponsorship for visit visa, your are extending an invitation and support to the application.

Many thanks
It is not only your ability to support them in UK that matters, there is need to show strong personal, socio-economic ties to the home country to indicate they have reasons that will encourage going back to home country after the visit.

zyounus
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by zyounus » Sun Jun 02, 2024 10:55 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. Please see my responses in yellow.

I am applying for a 6 month UK visit visa from Pakistan for my parents. I am a British Citizen and work full time. My parents applied for a visit visa back in 2016 where my father did a mistake in the form and their visa got rejected. I applied for my mother visit visa in 2017 and sponsored her. She got the visa and came for a month and went back. At that time I was on Tier 1 visa.

I now want to apply for both my parents’ visa and they will visit us for a few weeks. I want to sponsor them but my father still works and has his own business. I will attach his bank statement just to show he is working. Hope that’s okay. Not only just to show he is working, it helps the application if the applicants have income and not solely financially dependent on the person they are visiting in UK.Yes, he is not financially dependent on me

Should I apply their visa together or should I apply for my mother visa first given she got it last time. Together. Thank you

My question is regarding where they live. Their current address that is on all documentation is not their own property. It is a family home - living there since 30 yrs. The question on the visa form is whether they own/rent/other this property. We chose other as they don’t own or rent this property. They do have another property. Not an issue.

So basically we chose other option and in the comment box to explain, we have written the following: My current address is a family-owned property where I live. This property is not owned by me personally, nor do I pay rent, as it is owned by my extended family. However, I do own another property in a different location. The family property where I currently reside has been my home for [30 years]. My owned property is located at xxx and its worth xxx. Is this the right answer or do you suggest something else? Any documentary evidence to back up ownership and value? Is there income accruing to your parents from the property? (Yes, he has the property document on his name but I don't think it shows the current value. If it's easier I won't write the value in my answer. There is no income from that property as it's empty at the moment)

My father owns his own business, as mentioned in the application. In his account, he typically maintains a balance of around 1.5 to 2 million Pakistani Rupees, which converts to approximately £4,000 to £5,000. Are his personal and business accounts different? (No it's the same. He just has a personal account on his name which he also uses for his business transactions)

Given that I am sponsoring both my parents for their visit to the UK, I want to confirm if this amount is sufficient for the application. Additionally, please note that my mother is financially dependent on my father. There is no concept of sponsorship for visit visa, your are extending an invitation and support to the application. (Yes, I am inviting them, when I say sponsorship I mean that I will pay for all the expenses)

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Mon Jun 03, 2024 12:08 pm

zyounus wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2024 10:55 pm
Hello,

I am applying for a 6 month UK visit visa from Pakistan for my parents. I am a British Citizen and work full time. My parents applied for a visit visa back in 2016 where my father did a mistake in the form and their visa got rejected. I applied for my mother visit visa in 2017 and sponsored her. She got the visa and came for a month and went back. At that time I was on Tier 1 visa.

I now want to apply for both my parents’ visa and they will visit us for a few weeks. I want to sponsor them but my father still works and has his own business. I will attach his bank statement just to show he is working. Hope that’s okay. Not only just to show he is working, it helps the application if the applicants have income and not solely financially dependent on the person they are visiting in UK.Yes, he is not financially dependent on me

Should I apply their visa together or should I apply for my mother visa first given she got it last time. Together. Thank you

So basically we chose other option and in the comment box to explain, we have written the following: My current address is a family-owned property where I live. This property is not owned by me personally, nor do I pay rent, as it is owned by my extended family. However, I do own another property in a different location. The family property where I currently reside has been my home for [30 years]. My owned property is located at xxx and its worth xxx. Is this the right answer or do you suggest something else? Any documentary evidence to back up ownership and value? Is there income accruing to your parents from the property? (Yes, he has the property document on his name but I don't think it shows the current value. If it's easier I won't write the value in my answer. There is no income from that property as it's empty at the moment)

My father owns his own business, as mentioned in the application. In his account, he typically maintains a balance of around 1.5 to 2 million Pakistani Rupees, which converts to approximately £4,000 to £5,000. Are his personal and business accounts different? (No it's the same. He just has a personal account on his name which he also uses for his business transactions)

Given that I am sponsoring both my parents for their visit to the UK, I want to confirm if this amount is sufficient for the application. Additionally, please note that my mother is financially dependent on my father. There is no concept of sponsorship for visit visa, your are extending an invitation and support to the application. (Yes, I am inviting them, when I say sponsorship I mean that I will pay for all the expenses)
Your dad cannot use the same account for business and personal income. That wouldn't fly. The 2 should be separated.
That's one of the common mistakes that causes visa rejection. A business is a business.

I know it's common in other countries, but it doesn't work here.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:23 pm

zyounus wrote:
Hello,

My father owns his own business, as mentioned in the application. In his account, he typically maintains a balance of around 1.5 to 2 million Pakistani Rupees, which converts to approximately £4,000 to £5,000. Are his personal and business accounts different? (No it's the same. He just has a personal account on his name which he also uses for his business transactions) This is a recipe for refusal, many applicants for visit visa fell into this same pit of mixing personal and business finances.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:25 pm

zyounus wrote:
Hello,

My father owns his own business, as mentioned in the application. In his account, he typically maintains a balance of around 1.5 to 2 million Pakistani Rupees, which converts to approximately £4,000 to £5,000. Are his personal and business accounts different? (No it's the same. He just has a personal account on his name which he also uses for his business transactions) This is a recipe for refusal, many applicants for visit visa fell into this same pit of mixing personal and business finances.

Given that I am sponsoring both my parents for their visit to the UK, I want to confirm if this amount is sufficient for the application. Additionally, please note that my mother is financially dependent on my father. There is no concept of sponsorship for visit visa, your are extending an invitation and support to the application. (Yes, I am inviting them, when I say sponsorship I mean that I will pay for all the expenses) Though you undertake to bear all associated cost for it, their personal, socio-economic circumstances is also taken into consideration to determine if genuine visitor

zyounus
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by zyounus » Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:56 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:25 pm
zyounus wrote:
Hello,

Thank you both (AmazonianX and Ticktack for your reply.

So basically we chose other option and in the comment box to explain, we have written the following: My current address is a family-owned property where I live. This property is not owned by me personally, nor do I pay rent, as it is owned by my extended family. However, I do own another property in a different location. The family property where I currently reside has been my home for [30 years]. My owned property is located at xxx and its worth xxx. Is this the right answer or do you suggest something else? Any documentary evidence to back up ownership and value? Is there income accruing to your parents from the property? (Yes, he has the property document on his name but I don't think it shows the current value. If it's easier I won't write the value in my answer. There is no income from that property as it's empty at the moment). Is my explanation correct for the property address and should I write the current property value?

My father owns his own business, as mentioned in the application. In his account, he typically maintains a balance of around 1.5 to 2 million Pakistani Rupees, which converts to approximately £4,000 to £5,000. Are his personal and business accounts different? (No it's the same. He just has a personal account on his name which he also uses for his business transactions) This is a recipe for refusal, many applicants for visit visa fell into this same pit of mixing personal and business finances.. I understand your point and I agree it should be separate but my father is a sole trader and he has the account on his name so technically the money he has in the account, it's his own money. Ideally he should have a savings account but at the moment he has only one account. As I am paying for the trip does it matter of what account and how much money he has. The purpose of showing the statement is to prove that he has a business and he is actively working which means he will go back

Given that I am sponsoring both my parents for their visit to the UK, I want to confirm if this amount is sufficient for the application. Additionally, please note that my mother is financially dependent on my father. There is no concept of sponsorship for visit visa, your are extending an invitation and support to the application. (Yes, I am inviting them, when I say sponsorship I mean that I will pay for all the expenses) Though you undertake to bear all associated cost for it, their personal, socio-economic circumstances is also taken into consideration to determine if genuine visitor. Yes, I agree that apart from showing the cost we need to prove that they are genuine visitor and will go back. For that reason I am showing that he has a business and also his property document. Is there anything else I can show to prove they are genuine vistor and will go back after the trip?.

If there is anything I have missed which you think it's important then please do let me know.

I really appreciate your time.

Many thanks