ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa after completion of 10 year ban

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

slma123
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Visitor visa after completion of 10 year ban

Post by slma123 » Tue Sep 17, 2024 2:35 am

I am seeking advice, but first, here is my immigration history: In 2011, I applied for a UK student visa, which was refused, and I received a 10-year ban because my English test center was blacklisted, and all exams were declared null and void. I did not go through the appeal process.

Now, the 10-year ban has expired. If I apply for a UK visitor visa to visit my close relatives in the UK, will my previous ban affect my application?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Visitor visa after completion of 10 year ban

Post by Ticktack » Tue Sep 17, 2024 9:30 am

slma123 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2024 2:35 am
I am seeking advice, but first, here is my immigration history: In 2011, I applied for a UK student visa, which was refused, and I received a 10-year ban because my English test center was blacklisted, and all exams were declared null and void. I did not go through the appeal process.

Now, the 10-year ban has expired. If I apply for a UK visitor visa to visit my close relatives in the UK, will my previous ban affect my application?
All applications are assessed based on its merit. You've been forgiven after 10 years, but not forgotten.
Your chances of getting a visa is less that it would have been if you never got the ban. However, if you have a very great reason for wanting to visit the UK. Example you suddenly become insanely rich or you're applying for a spouse visa, you would get the visa easily.
You would need to make an extra effort now, because you've been caught in deception. How are they sure you're telling the truth now?
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!