ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tidying up sticky threads

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

secret.simon

Tidying up sticky threads

Post by secret.simon » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:50 pm

Dear moderators,

May I suggest that the stickies on the various forums be tidied up a bit.

Some stickies (such as this, this and this) have had no posts in the past three years and it is likely that the rules regarding those topics has moved on since then. It may be worth revisiting them and reviewing if they still deserve the "Sticky" status.

It is also worth considering whether there can be a sticky section or even consolidated thread for "Judgments and case law", for posts such as this and this, which would allow the case law in a particular field to be referenced together. Perhaps such a thread could be locked to moderators only.

This would come in particularly handy in the EEA Route Applications forum, so that the various judgments relevant to that field can be accessed together.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

secret.simon

Re: Tidying up sticky threads

Post by secret.simon » Sat May 07, 2016 10:43 am

Can I also suggest that this post be made into a sticky as this is a fairly common query.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tidying up sticky threads

Post by Amber » Sun May 08, 2016 12:28 pm

We are currently in the process of looking at changing some rules, once this is done (a few weeks time) we will address your concerns.

Your input is greatly appreciated.

I have made your nominated thread sticky for the time being.

Best wishes.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.