ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizen needs Immigration Lawyer to Help Bring Non-EU Spouse to Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Genzee2024
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

British Citizen needs Immigration Lawyer to Help Bring Non-EU Spouse to Ireland

Post by Genzee2024 » Mon Jul 08, 2024 9:31 pm

Hi Everyone.

First time posting. I am a British Citizen moving to Ireland from UK on acceptance of a job offer. I need advice or contact of a good Immigration Lawyer please, to help with proper guidance on how to bring my non-EU Spouse from Africa to Ireland. Reason being they have had a few UK visitors visa applications refused, since they do not have any family or strong economic ties in Africa. Since myself and our child now live in UK. Also now with the increased UK spouse visa fees, it will take me very long to save. Since they live in a country with a really struggling economy, high unemployment and they depend on me financially. We got married in Africa, lived together and had our child before me moving to UK. I also have been going to see the spouse in Africa to maintain our marriage / relationship. However, I would rather engage expert immigration advice than make mistakes, or omit important things that can help our application convince the immigration officers when applying for the join family visa in Ireland.

Thank you in advance.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: British Citizen needs Immigration Lawyer to Help Bring Non-EU Spouse to Ireland

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 08, 2024 10:15 pm

Genzee2024 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2024 9:31 pm
Hi Everyone.

First time posting. I am a British Citizen moving to Ireland from UK on acceptance of a job offer. I need advice or contact of a good Immigration Lawyer please, to help with proper guidance on how to bring my non-EU Spouse from Africa to Ireland. Reason being they have had a few UK visitors visa applications refused, since they do not have any family or strong economic ties in Africa. Since myself and our child now live in UK. Also now with the increased UK spouse visa fees, it will take me very long to save. Since they live in a country with a really struggling economy, high unemployment and they depend on me financially. We got married in Africa, lived together and had our child before me moving to UK. I also have been going to see the spouse in Africa to maintain our marriage / relationship. However, I would rather engage expert immigration advice than make mistakes, or omit important things that can help our application convince the immigration officers when applying for the join family visa in Ireland.

Thank you in advance.
The Board Ts&Cs don't permit members to recommended professional services on the open forum.

Please see the link below for the Government list of immigration advisors.

https://www.gov.uk/find-an-immigration-adviser
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Genzee2024
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: British Citizen needs Immigration Lawyer to Help Bring Non-EU Spouse to Ireland

Post by Genzee2024 » Mon Jul 08, 2024 10:21 pm

Apologies I am new to the forum. Noted. Thank you for the link

Genzee2024
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Genzee2024 » Mon Jul 08, 2024 10:24 pm

Casa wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2024 10:15 pm
Genzee2024 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2024 9:31 pm
Hi Everyone.

Thank you in advance.
The Board Ts&Cs don't permit members to recommended professional services on the open forum.

Please see the link below for the Government list of immigration advisors.

https://www.gov.uk/find-an-immigration-adviser
Just noticed the link you sent is for immigration advisers on moving to the UK. I am looking for immigration advice on moving to the Republic of Ireland

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Jul 09, 2024 7:30 am

I dont think Ireland has a dedicated body that is specifically regulating immigration law; you'd have to explore it yourself.

Read the guide to get an understanding of whats expected of you: http://irishimmigration.ie/coming-to-jo ... ly-member/ . Keep in mind UK and Ireland share immigration data, so it may not be exactly smooth sailing.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.