ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

last extension allowed under T1

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zCIO
Newly Registered
Austria

last extension allowed under T1

Post by zCIO » Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:52 am

as the program is ending in april 2025 , would it be possibile for a dependent to a T1 applicant, to request an extension from August 2024 (expiry of the 2 yrs extension) to say March 2025.. reason beeing the dependent has to be out of the UK after august for 2months .. if this is possibile, would this -short extension- take time to get approved, or is it a normal process? many thanks for all in advance!

Camel555

Re: last extension allowed under T1

Post by Camel555 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:17 pm

I think dependents can take as many extenstions as they wish. as long as main applicant is either holding tier 1 or has converted it into ILR

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:27 pm

Camel555 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:17 pm
I think dependents can take as many extenstions as they wish. as long as main applicant is either holding tier 1 or has converted it into ILR
The OP has not stated his current immigration status.

If OP holds a Tier 1 Ent, the dependent cannot apply for an extension that extends beyond the main applicants visa expiry date.

If the OP holds ILR, the dependent extension will be a 3 year extension. A lesser visa duration cannot be chosen.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zCIO
Newly Registered
Austria

Post by zCIO » Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:07 am

Thank you CR001.. you are right i was inquring about if the main T1 person has his extension expiring and whether dependent can extend beyound that which is as you said not doable.
CR001 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:27 pm
Camel555 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:17 pm
The OP has not stated his current immigration status.

If OP holds a Tier 1 Ent, the dependent cannot apply for an extension that extends beyond the main applicants visa expiry date.

If the OP holds ILR, the dependent extension will be a 3 year extension. A lesser visa duration cannot be chosen.