ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

POST STUDY VISA - for courses ending 2009

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

*rini*
Newly Registered

POST STUDY VISA - for courses ending 2009

Post by *rini* » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:59 am

Hi,

I'm supposed to be starting my MA in London Sept' 08, which will end in Oct' 09. My current student visa is valid till the 10-01-2010

I've seen a lot of posts about about students whose visas are expiring before they've had a chance to switch visas.

To avoid the same situation, I'd be grateful if someone could tell me, what is the current scene for postgraduates who will complete courses in 2009? Since the IGS is now defunct, does the post study work visa apply to them as well?

If so, is it best to apply for the same as soon as you've received your certification?

I might be considering things way in advance, but I'd appreciate responses all the same!

Thanks,
rini

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:32 am

For all students after completing their degree could apply for PSW (2yrs). It is upto you whether you apply after completing degree or apply before end of your current stay. Your PSW will begin whenever you apply for it. But whatever happens, you should apply before your current visa expires.