ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW refused no points of PGD. 3 questions please

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pakstar

PSW refused no points of PGD. 3 questions please

Post by pakstar » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:55 pm

Home office said that there is no Evidence from college that PGD is equalent to NVQ level 7 or higher, thats the objection..

1. My college says that they will give me letter expalaing that my PGD is level 7, will that be enough for tribunal to decide??

2. As homeoffice gave me apeal right, can i apply fresh application within 10 working days givein by home office, or as i have been given apeal right i must only apeal now?? cannot apply fresh as apeal right given?

3. if so how long tribunal takes to decide the apeal??

many thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:38 pm

1. Does the policy document state that such a document will be accepted as valid evidence? If so, get it. Else, forget it as it will be of no use.
2. It is up to you if you want to appeal. If you decide not to, you can make a fresh application anytime.
3. months!

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

opoopo
Newly Registered

Post by opoopo » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:38 pm

To pakstar,

Explain me how are you going to appeal on your case fully.My visa application as well refused for the same reason as yours.

Ramesh

pakstar

Post by pakstar » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:56 am

opoopo wrote:To pakstar,

Explain me how are you going to appeal on your case fully.My visa application as well refused for the same reason as yours.

Ramesh
In my case the objection is that there is no evidence from my college that the diploma is level 7 so immigration officer is not satisfied frommy diploma, i have got all other points but my diploma 20points were not given.

so i have taken letter from college that my pgd is level 7. so it fulfills their requirment, i am sending documents to homeoffice for review as well as apealing in tribunal also.

hope that will help, good luck.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:58 pm

What documents college can provide to show that the diploma is NVQ level 7 or above?

I think all the colleges provide transcript and diploma certificate on the basis of which PSW or IGS is awarded to applicants.

I think, It is not the responsibility of college to justify that diploma is NVQ level 7 or whatever. It should be the responsibility of HO to check it from their sources the exact level of NVQ level of diploma.

Any comments?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:23 pm

Europass Diploma Supplement wrote:As part of the Bologna Process all students, who graduated from 2005, should be issued the Europass Diploma Supplement on the successful completion of any higher education qualification. If your university does not automatically issue the Diploma Supplement then you can request one from your University Registry.

The Europass Diploma Supplement contains information on the nature, level, context, content and status of the studies that you undertook and successfully completed. In addition, it places the qualification in the context of the structure of the higher education system within which it was issued. This allows other universities or employers to understand your qualification in relation to the education system of the country you took your degree in.
regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

pakstar

Post by pakstar » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:30 pm

rizwan567 wrote:What documents college can provide to show that the diploma is NVQ level 7 or above?

I think all the colleges provide transcript and diploma certificate on the basis of which PSW or IGS is awarded to applicants.

I think, It is not the responsibility of college to justify that diploma is NVQ level 7 or whatever. It should be the responsibility of HO to check it from their sources the exact level of NVQ level of diploma.

Any comments?
I think it is responsiblity of institute to provide documents to student according to needs of student's purpose. There will be too many work for HO if home office will start making enquiries to make sure that all docuements are ture.

I think in the view of HO, as PSW is points based system, all provided documentation shud be checked against points system, and if some docuemnet is not according to HO guidence you simple won't get points and that's it.