ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No £800 needed if switching from PWS to Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sunny0183
Newly Registered

No £800 needed if switching from PWS to Tier 2

Post by sunny0183 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:56 pm

Code: Select all

Claiming Points
An applicant will automatically 208. be awarded points for the maintenance requirement, without the need to provide evidence, where he/she:
E
ITHE R
has, or was last granted, entry clearance, a) leave to enter, or leave to remain as a:
Tier 2 Migrant; •
Jewish Agency Employee;•
Member of the Operational Ground Staff of • an Overseas-owned Airline;
Minister of Religion, Missionary, or Member • of a Religious Order;
Representative of an Overseas Newspaper, • News Agency, or Broadcasting Organisation;
Work permit holder; •
O
R[b]
is applying for leave to remain as a Tier 2 b) (General) migrant and obtains points under the post study work provisions.[/b]

Does this mean i do not have to show £800 for three months just before my Tier 2 application??

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: No £800 needed if switching from PWS to Tier 2

Post by yasa » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:40 am

sunny0183 wrote:

Code: Select all

Claiming Points
An applicant will automatically 208. be awarded points for the maintenance requirement, without the need to provide evidence, where he/she:
E
ITHE R
has, or was last granted, entry clearance, a) leave to enter, or leave to remain as a:
Tier 2 Migrant; •
Jewish Agency Employee;•
Member of the Operational Ground Staff of • an Overseas-owned Airline;
Minister of Religion, Missionary, or Member • of a Religious Order;
Representative of an Overseas Newspaper, • News Agency, or Broadcasting Organisation;
Work permit holder; •
O
R[b]
is applying for leave to remain as a Tier 2 b) (General) migrant and obtains points under the post study work provisions.[/b]

Does this mean i do not have to show £800 for three months just before my Tier 2 application??
to be on the safe side show £800.

arts99
United Kingdom

Post by arts99 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:55 pm

If the employer has a A rated license then they can issue a letter which can also meet the maintenance requirement.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... intenance/