ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on additional documents required for Tier 4 student visa application

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, CR001, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix

Sysy
Newly Registered
Kenya

Advice on additional documents required for Tier 4 student visa application

Post by Sysy » Mon Jul 22, 2024 11:56 am

Hello,

My nephew applied for his masters and got accepted, paid tuition fees and got CAS. He submitted this with his visa application along with other documents and bank statements from his mother and a letter of conset showing a balance of $16K (mum in the US, he is in a different country) and that he had permission to use the funds for his maintenance. UKVI has emailed to ask for more documents;

1. Bank statement (Again :? ) showing money has been held in his account for 28 days prior to application. Did they miss this in the submission? Although money is in parent's bank account.

2. Official docuemnts showing what nephew has been up to since 2020 to date, educational/workwise.

Does the mum print a new bank statement or do they resubmit the same one because it was printed day before application was submitted so anything new would be past application date? They had also submitted consent form and birth certificates showing relationship. Rules do state that you can use parent's bank statemnet.

On the work front since 2020, he is a freelance film director, so does own projects and sometimes colaborates with others to do short films and plays. What can be submitted here? Links to film work? are these official documents? Obviously the year 2020 - 2021 was very slow because of the virus but '22-'24 should be fine.

what are your thoughts? I have just never come across anyone who has been asked to prove what they have been doing since they finished their degree. what if you have never got a job? very strange ask.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Advice on additional documents required for Tier 4 student visa application

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jul 25, 2024 4:22 am

Sysy wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 11:56 am
Hello,

My nephew applied for his masters and got accepted, paid tuition fees and got CAS. He submitted this with his visa application along with other documents and bank statements from his mother and a letter of conset showing a balance of $16K (mum in the US, he is in a different country) and that he had permission to use the funds for his maintenance. UKVI has emailed to ask for more documents;

1. Bank statement (Again :? ) showing money has been held in his account for 28 days prior to application. Did they miss this in the submission? Although money is in parent's bank account. Print

2. Official docuemnts showing what nephew has been up to since 2020 to date, educational/workwise.

Does the mum print a new bank statement or do they resubmit the same one because it was printed day before application was submitted so anything new would be past application date? They had also submitted consent form and birth certificates showing relationship. Rules do state that you can use parent's bank statemnet.

On the work front since 2020, he is a freelance film director, so does own projects and sometimes colaborates with others to do short films and plays. What can be submitted here? Links to film work? are these official documents? Obviously the year 2020 - 2021 was very slow because of the virus but '22-'24 should be fine.

what are your thoughts? I have just never come across anyone who has been asked to prove what they have been doing since they finished their degree. what if you have never got a job? very strange ask.

OP un below was asked for similar and examples of what such evidence could be stated.
viewtopic.php?t=349289#p2172134

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Thu Jul 25, 2024 10:18 am

Sysy wrote:
1. Bank statement (Again :? ) showing money has been held in his account for 28 days prior to application. Did they miss this in the submission? Although money is in parent's bank account.
Sounds like it is an oversight, or maybe a failed upload.
Sysy wrote:

I have just never come across anyone who has been asked to prove what they have been doing since they finished their degree.
It is common, when checking credibility. The guidance for caseworkers suggests it can be checked.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... dent-route

How many nephews do you have, that you are comparing all these Student applications? I don't recommend offering amateur visa advice and services. All universities have international student advisers who offer trained and professional visa advice to their students.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

MariaMagdalena
Newly Registered
India

Post by MariaMagdalena » Thu Jul 25, 2024 1:15 pm

Sysy wrote:
Hello,

Hi.

I have been asked the same that I need to provide what I was doing since 2021.
I provided job letters, references, payslips, pdf files of reports and journals which I worked on and which have my name, screenshots of any job offer, online course enrolment screenshot , p60 ,p45 , and wrote a cover letter and contact information letter for all those I worked with explaining how my previous experiences align with my course that I applied a visa for.