ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child UK Passport Application from Pakistan

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Fes123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Child UK Passport Application from Pakistan

Post by Fes123 » Sun May 19, 2024 5:52 am

Hi,

Hope all is well

I am hoping someone can offer me some advice or any assistance would be greatly appreciated

I am born and bred in the United Kingdom (born in 1992). I got married in Pakistan in October 2022 and my wife gave birth to our first child in August 2023.

As a British citizens I applied for her UK Passport in Pakistan on the 07 November 2023 via Gerry’s Islamabad. They took the passport fees straight away and advised the application is in process. In January, they requested for more documents.

1) photos of me, my wife and my child from birth
2) GRANDMOTHER of Applicant Passport held at time of my birth (1992)

I was able to provide (1), however with (2) my mother had lost this passport (she suffers from Dimentia also) and was unable to provide but I managed to find passport copies of the page which has the photo and sent this.

The HMPO then replied to ask for the below:

PATERNAL GRANDMOTHERS PASSPORT SHOWING HER INDEFINITE LEAVE TO REMAIN STAMP HELD AT TIME OF MY BIRTH - THIS NEEDS TO BE THE FULL PASSPORT AND VACC STAMPED, we cannot accept any documents which are not VACC stamped.

I then sent a cover letter to explain the below

My mother has lost this passport and we are unable to find it. I attached my father and mothers current UK Passport numbers to see if there is anyway they are able to trace via this.

I re sent my fathers certificate of registration as a British Citizen which he acquired on the 07 June 1983

I re sent my mothers certificate of naturalisation which she acquired on the 30th of January 1996.

I re sent my own birth certificate to confirm I was born in the UK.

I have had no response and when I call up I am not getting any responses at all.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation? Can anyone offer any advice? Please help!

Thank you in Advance
F

secret.simon

Re: Child UK Passport Application from Pakistan

Post by secret.simon » Sun May 19, 2024 1:41 pm

In order for your child to be issued a British passport as a British citizen by descent, you need to prove that you are a British citizen otherwise than by descent.

Mere birth in the UK is not enough. You need to prove that either one parent was settled in the UK at the time of your birth too.

If your father was registered in the UK before your birth, send across the following.

(a) Your own birth certificate
(b) Your parents marriage certificate (because before 2007, only children born to a married couple could claim British citizenship through the father)
(c) Your father's registration certificate

If you have neither your parents marriage certificate nor your mother's passport at the time of your birth, that may cause the child to be refused a British passport, because you can't prove that you were a British citizen otherwise than by descent.

Also note that any children born to this children (your grandchildren), if born outside the UK, will not automatically be British citizens. British citizenship extends automatically to only one generation outside the UK.

Also note that your children will need to preserve these documents above, because it will be the basis of their own and their descendants' claim to British citizenship.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.