ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Deed poll on same day as surrendering passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lifelonger
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Deed poll on same day as surrendering passport

Post by lifelonger » Thu Jul 25, 2024 3:10 pm

So my country doesn't allow dual citizenship and I'd have to renounce my citizenship once I've acquired British citizenship. I need to make a slight change to my name before applying for British passport.

Would I be okay to execute an unenrolled deed poll on the same day that I submit my passport surrender form before sending it with BP application?

asingh42
United Kingdom

Re: Deed poll on same day as surrendering passport

Post by asingh42 » Fri Jul 26, 2024 8:14 am

You don't need to do a deed poll, do the surrender passport application from your respective consulate then prepare a cover letter stating the fact that you have now received British Citizenship and can no longer render any passport services to have your name corrected.

You then send the cover letter and your surrender application form along with your old passport,British Citizenship certificate to the passport office.

There is a rule I think where if you are unable to have your name changed on the passport and you can prove it, the British passport office has to issue you the passport in your name as on the application.