ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR skilled worker- need help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mxm343
Newly Registered
India

ILR skilled worker- need help

Post by mxm343 » Wed May 29, 2024 8:13 pm

Hello,

I have been employed for around 40 days in a new role as a skilled worker with the same employer for whom I previously served as a sole representative. Given my change in role within the same company, I am preparing the documents I need to submit for ILR as I have reached the qualifying period but came across some uncertainties:
  • Employment Letter Content: Should the HR letter from my employer only cover my current role as a skilled worker, or should it also detail my previous position as a sole representative? Additionally, should the letter confirm that there have been no unauthorised absences for the current role or does it need to mention throughout tenure with the company for example( or does it have to mention both roles )?
  • Payslip Details: My payslip as a skilled worker currently shows only my base salary, as I am paid an annual base salary. For ILR, is this sufficient, or does it need to show a breakdown of hours worked and an hourly wage on the payslip?
  • P60 Requirement: Do I need to submit P60 along with my other documents?
I've checked the sponsor letter guide on this forum but am still unclear how it applies to my specific situation. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR skilled worker- need help

Post by zimba » Thu May 30, 2024 1:18 am

You do NOT need any letter regarding your previous position.
All you need to know about the sponsor letter for Skilled Worker route

Only the last payslip is enough, no other details are needed. P60 is not needed!
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mxm343
Newly Registered
India

Post by mxm343 » Fri May 31, 2024 1:06 pm

Thanks Zimba for your response. So for the letter should it mention that no unauthorised absence for current employment? or does it need to mention "for current and previous" role? thanks alot

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri May 31, 2024 4:11 pm

mxm343 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2024 1:06 pm
Thanks Zimba for your response. So for the letter should it mention that no unauthorised absence for current employment? or does it need to mention "for current and previous" role? thanks alot
I already answered that above
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mxm343
Newly Registered
India

Post by mxm343 » Fri May 31, 2024 9:06 pm

Thank you again for your assistance. I have one final query regarding my absence history. There are four stamps missing for a foreign country, as I entered using e-gates during those trips. Since there has been a mixture of e-gate and passport control entries for this specific country, should I mention in my reason for absence that I entered/exited using e-gates when I traveled to that country? Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Jun 02, 2024 5:04 pm

mxm343 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2024 9:06 pm
Thank you again for your assistance. I have one final query regarding my absence history. There are four stamps missing for a foreign country, as I entered using e-gates during those trips. Since there has been a mixture of e-gate and passport control entries for this specific country, should I mention in my reason for absence that I entered/exited using e-gates when I traveled to that country? Thanks
What matters to the UKVI is the date of exit and subsequent re-entry to the UK. If they have that on their systems (through exit checks, airline data, etc), they will not be bothered to look at any other country's stamps. They are after counting the dates of absence from the UK and the details of your travels are mostly irrelevant to them