ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Kind request for your opinion on the ILR long residence route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

smash_vlad
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Kind request for your opinion on the ILR long residence route

Post by smash_vlad » Wed Jul 24, 2024 2:38 pm

Dear all,

Hope this email finds you well.

I would like to kindly ask you about your opinion regarding the ILR long residence amendments made by the Home Office on 11 April whereby they effectively removed the 548-day limit regarding the ILR long residence route.

In your opinion, is it possible to consider the liberalisation (simplification) of the rules that happened on April 11, since the absences exceeded by 3.5 times - 1800 days instead of 548?

If you do not agree that this is a liberalisation and simplification of the rules, can you please briefly explain why?

Many thanks for your help and feedback.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Kind request for your opinion on the ILR long residence route

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 24, 2024 3:00 pm

The total absence limit is removed for periods of absence that began on or after 11 April 2024. For the periods of absence that began before 11 April 2024, the old rules still apply including the 548-day limit.

See: viewtopic.php?t=336067#p2171106
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice