ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for a child for settled parents that do not currently live in the UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ykimpop
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

ILR for a child for settled parents that do not currently live in the UK

Post by ykimpop » Wed Jul 31, 2024 3:13 pm

Hi, my wife and I both hold ILR, however we have lived outside the UK for more than 2 years (we visited the UK a couple times during the years so our ILR status is still valid).

We have a new born child that was born outside the UK and we would like to apply for ILR for our child.

We checked the required supporting document in the immigration page and we were not sure how to supply the following evidence.

evidence that you can meet the financial or maintenance requirements of the application as stated in the relevant paper appendix you will provide as part of your application

Do payslips from overseas employment suffice for this?

Or do I need to maintain certain deposit amount to qualify this?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR for a child for settled parents that do not currently live in the UK

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 31, 2024 5:43 pm

There is no maintenance requirement at all for ILE application

post1989571.html#p1989571
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 31, 2024 8:17 pm

ykimpop wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2024 3:13 pm
You should be aware that brief visits to the UK may not protect the validity of your ILR. You could find at any time that a UK Border Officer flags on the system that you are no longer settled in the UK. :idea:

Do you continue you have a UK postal address ?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 01, 2024 2:35 pm

Casa wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2024 8:17 pm
ykimpop wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2024 3:13 pm
You should be aware that brief visits to the UK may not protect the validity of your ILR. You could find at any time that a UK Border Officer flags on the system that you are no longer settled in the UK. :idea:

Do you continue you have a UK postal address ?
I do not think this is the case anymore as paragraph 18 of the immigration rules is now deleted.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ykimpop
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by ykimpop » Wed Sep 18, 2024 1:23 pm

Thanks for the help, and yes I do have a postal address in the UK