ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EVisa transfer to new brp

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

prjaja
Newly Registered
India

GTV Extension date & eVisa

Post by prjaja » Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:29 pm

Hello everyone,

I have a GTV since Aug 2021 and due for expiry in Aug 2024. I have held UK employment from Dec 2021 till June 2024 (ending this month).

I have a few questions:
1. I want the new visa start date to be as close to the current expiry date in August - for this I should ideally apply for extension in August itself. Is it ok if I submit my earnings documents from Dec 2021 till June 2024 and not July if I apply in August? Will a 1 month missed earning impact my extension decision?

2. Will I still be issued the physical BRP to come and collect from the UK or will the home office now issue eVisa directly that I can access from outside the UK?

3. Does my employer letter specifically mention that the company is a digital technology company? I work for a global technology company and the standard company letter doesn’t callout that it’s a technology company - it just mentions my employment start date, annual earnings and my title. I can provide the company website and describe what it does in the additional information section of the application - will this be ok?
Thanks in advance 🙏

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: GTV Extension date & eVisa

Post by zimba » Sat Jun 22, 2024 3:08 pm

1. No
2. BRPs are still being issued but their expiry will be set to the end of this year. It is possible that BRPs will no longer issued if eVisa system is fully rolled out.
3. You do not need you to provide such things.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

prjaja
Newly Registered
India

Post by prjaja » Sat Jul 06, 2024 2:52 am

Thanks Zimba! One last question: my current visa expiry is 26.08, I have already submitted the application online & paid IHS fee and application fee. Is it ok to schedule the biometrics appointment on 22.08 or would that be too late?

Thanks 🙏

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Jul 06, 2024 3:05 am

prjaja wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2024 2:52 am
Thanks Zimba! One last question: my current visa expiry is 26.08, I have already submitted the application online & paid IHS fee and application fee. Is it ok to schedule the biometrics appointment on 22.08 or would that be too late?

Thanks 🙏
You get 45 working days from submission to enrol your biometrics
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

prjaja
Newly Registered
India

Post by prjaja » Sat Jul 06, 2024 3:40 am

Oh! The visa center email says 240 days…but that’s like 2/3rd of a year.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Jul 06, 2024 6:47 pm

The official guide is very clear on this:
Individuals who make in-country applications must, in most circumstances, book an
appointment to enrol their biometric information within a specified period unless an
exemption or exception applies or they have used the UK Immigration: ID Check
app. Individuals will be informed to:

• make an appointment at a Service and Support Centre (SSC) within 15 working days
• make an appointment at a UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS) location within 45 working days
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... olment.pdf

prjaja
Newly Registered
India

Post by prjaja » Mon Jul 08, 2024 10:31 am

The only difference is that I am applying for overseas and the guidance doesn't mention any such time duration for overseas applicants.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jul 08, 2024 3:27 pm

I missed that you are applying from overseas, so 240 days seems right as per the guides:
When individuals have completed the online application process on GOV.UK they will be taken to a commercial partner’s (VAC operator) website to book a VAC appointment. This website includes information on how they contact the UKVI Contact Centre if they believe they are unable to attend a VAC within 240 days from submitting their application online.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... accessible

prjaja
Newly Registered
India

Post by prjaja » Tue Jul 09, 2024 7:56 am

Understood thanks a lot 🙏

prjaja
Newly Registered
India

EVisa transfer to new brp

Post by prjaja » Mon Aug 19, 2024 6:46 pm

Hi!

My current GTV visa & brp expire on 26th Aug 2024. I have already submitted eVisa form and waiting for it to be confirmed.

I am giving my biometrics for my visa extension tomorrow outside of the UK.

Q1 Will I still receive a physical brp and a one time vignette to use to collect my brp in the UK within 90 days? Or is there a way to directly get eVisa linked to my new brp without the need of me traveling to the UK?

Q2. Do they allow someone else to collect the physical bro on your behalf from PO?

Q3. Can they courier brp to a residential address and not collect at PO?

Basically, I want to avoid the travel just to collect a new brp and looking for suggestions.

Thanks in advance 🙏

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: EVisa transfer to new brp

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 19, 2024 7:16 pm

If a BRP is issued, then you have to collect it yourself as you have to present your passport with the uk entry stamp.

They don't courier brps to you abroad.

If you don't have any intention of travelling to the uk, why apply for an new entry clearance visa? BTW, an extension is an application inside the UK. A
From abroad it is a new entry clearance visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

prjaja
Newly Registered
India

Post by prjaja » Tue Aug 20, 2024 2:27 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2024 7:16 pm
If a BRP is issued, then you have to collect it yourself as you have to present your passport with the uk entry stamp.

They don't courier brps to you abroad.

If you don't have any intention of travelling to the uk, why apply for an new entry clearance visa? BTW, an extension is an application inside the UK. A
From abroad it is a new entry clearance visa.
There’s an option on the home office website to apply for extension of GTV from within or outside the UK.

I am at my home country for a medical issue of my mother and cannot leave her alone in next few months.

Can they courier to a UK address?

Are they issuing eVisa directly now and not the brp? Anything I need to do from my end to make this possible?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Aug 20, 2024 10:58 am

You will get a new entry clearance NOT an extension. If you apply before your visa expiry and get a new visa, the continuous residence is maintained. You will get a sticker that enables you to enter the UK and then collect your BRP in person. You were told all these above. :?

eVIsa is not yet used for travel

prjaja
Newly Registered
India

Post by prjaja » Wed Sep 04, 2024 5:35 am

Hi! I have got the new sticker but the above is for action doesn’t seem complete.

If I don’t travel to collect my brp in person, I can apply for a replacement vignette. The brp expiry is anyway supposed to be till 31 dec 2024 post which the evisa kicks in. If my travel is after 31 dec 2024 then I won’t need a brp anyway - is this accurate?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Sep 04, 2024 1:31 pm

UKVI has already given the details on this:
In the future you’ll be able to use an eVisa to travel to the UK – you will not need to carry a physical document, except for your current passport, which must be registered to your UKVI account. Until the end of 2024 you will need to continue to carry your physical document when you travel, if you have one.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/online-immi ... atus-evisa