ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Inquiry about bringing my husband over to the UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Thecla
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Inquiry about bringing my husband over to the UK

Post by Thecla » Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:12 pm

Good evening,

Please, I'm writing to make enquiries regarding the best visa route to use for my husband.

Please note below a summary of my history:

I joined my ex-husband into the UK 2014 under PBS Dependant - Partner and was subsequently granted a 3 year extension from 2016 - 2019.
Due to separation then divorce between I and my ex-husband due to domestic violence and mental illness. I submitted an application for limited leave to remain on the basis of FLR(FP) - family life as a parent(10 years route) because of my two British children whom I have subsisting parental responsibility. This was granted to me with recourse to public funds. I am currently on my second extension, which was granted in 2023. This extension is to expire in 2025.

I recently remarried on 01/2024. My husband is currently in my home country Nigeria, and I want to make arrangements for him to join us(I and my two children) in the UK.

Please, I am looking for the best route to use for his application. Please could someone direct me.

Thank you and kind regards.

Thecla

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Inquiry about bringing my husband over to the UK

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:34 pm

You cannot sponsor your new spouse until you have ILR.

If he wants to come to the UK, he will have to find a visa that he qualifies for on his own, ie student visa, skilled worker visa etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Thecla
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Thecla » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:25 pm

Hello CR001,
Thank you very much for your fast reply.
Furthermore to my inquiry, I am currently working as a nurse. Is it possible and advisable for me to switch my visa route to skilled workers visa?
And if I am to do so, will I lose the recourse to public fund as I am currently receiving universal credit and also disability allowance for my son as he has got autism?
Thank you and regards
Thecla

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:29 pm

Furthermore to my inquiry, I am currently working as a nurse. Is it possible and advisable for me to switch my visa route to skilled workers visa?
Yes you could.
And if I am to do so, will I lose the recourse to public fund as I am currently receiving universal credit and also disability allowance for my son as he has got autism?
Yes, you will lose your access to benefits if you switch to a Skilled Worker Visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Thecla
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Thecla » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:42 pm

Okay, thanks
Also, please before my application for Parent route visa, my application that was sent in to home office for partner route extension was withdrawn. I then made my application for parent route which was granted. Now my question is this, will I qualify for ILR 2024(2014-2024) or 2029(2019-2029)?
Thanks and kind regards
Thecla

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:58 pm

my application that was sent in to home office for partner route extension was withdrawn. I then made my application for parent route which was granted.
It depends on when your visa expired, when you applied and then withdrew the application and when you made the new application.

Without your full immigration history with visa categories and dates, it is impossible to say.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Thecla
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Thecla » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:55 pm

Hello Cr001,
Below is my history with dates:
First visa
Tier 1 (General) Partner-----20/08/14 to 13/04/2016

Extention pbs Dependant visa----- 29/04/2016-29/04/2019

Submitted application for FLR(FP) as spouse of a British citizen with two British children, as I was unable to meet the financial requirement for either PBS Dependant or under Appendix FM---26/04/2019

By 17/06/2019, I had held the requisite amount of savings for three months and I made my second application to vary to PBS Dependant.

Home office withdrew the above application on 10/10/2019 as my partner was no longer in support of the dependant visa and not residing in the UK

Application for FLR(FP) - Family life as a parent (10 year route) was made on 21/10/2019 and it was granted 29/11/2019 - 28/05/2022

I made application for second Extension of the above on 24/05/2022. ... was granted 06/03/2023 - 03/10/2025.

Thanks and kind regards.

Thecla

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:46 pm

Based on the immigration history you have set out, I believe you will be able to apply for long stay ILR in 2024.

Thecla
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Thecla » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:17 pm

Oh really, this is a wonderful news.
Thank you immigrationboards team.
I really appreciate.
Kind regards
Thecla