ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - Outside UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DwayneA
Newly Registered
South Africa

Spouse Visa - Outside UK

Post by DwayneA » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:04 pm

Good day,

Could someone please advise me on the evidence required to meet the financial requirements for a UK spouse visa when applying from outside the UK.

My wife who is the sponsor is working outside of the UK. Does she need to show 6 or 12 months of payslips, bank statements, etc.

Appendix FM 1.7 "Category A: With current employer for 6 months or more – overseas sponsor returning to the UK" states 6 months. An immigration advisor I have spoken with claims 12 months is required.

Some clarity would be appreciated as the only reference to 12 months of evidence I have found in the gov.uk documentation apply's to self employment.

Thank you.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa - Outside UK

Post by Casa » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:15 pm

DwayneA wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:04 pm
Good day,

Could someone please advise me on the evidence required to meet the financial requirements for a UK spouse visa when applying from outside the UK.

My wife who is the sponsor is working outside of the UK. Does she need to show 6 or 12 months of payslips, bank statements, etc.

Appendix FM 1.7 "Category A: With current employer for 6 months or more – overseas sponsor returning to the UK" states 6 months. An immigration advisor I have spoken with claims 12 months is required.

Some clarity would be appreciated as the only reference to 12 months of evidence I have found in the gov.uk documentation apply's to self employment.

Thank you.
is your wife working for a UK employer?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

DwayneA
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by DwayneA » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:35 am

No a South African employer.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:52 am

Does she have a job to start in the uk within 3 months of arriving? She would need evidence of this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

DwayneA
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by DwayneA » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:17 am

Yes she has a job waiting for her.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:28 am

DwayneA wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:17 am
Yes she has a job waiting for her.
Evidence of this job, the financial income level, date of expected resumption needs to be provided.

DwayneA
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by DwayneA » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:54 pm

Just a bump as none of the reply's have responded to my actual question...

6 months or 12 months evidence of employment for job outside of the UK??????

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:16 pm

DwayneA wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:54 pm
6 months or 12 months evidence of employment for job outside of the UK??????
We are all unpaid volunteers with our own commitments outside of the forum!!
You have read the guide so unsure what it is you are unclear about? It is obvious that the UKVI guide is the correct and accurate advice. Immigration advisors simply interpret what they THINK is needed, when it is not. You don't need an advisor, it is a simple application provided you meet the requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.