ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Easiest way to bring Niece to UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Shogun75

Easiest way to bring Niece to UK

Post by Shogun75 » Fri May 10, 2024 12:05 pm

Hello,

I hope you're all fine.

I've been looking for the best way to bring my 10 years old niece to the UK.
I'm currently looking after her as her mother has passed and her dad is old and inactive.
I thought it would be better to bring her here.

I've been in UK for the past 22 years with good job and accommodation. I'm a UK citizen now...
I've never touched any "Public funds" in the past.

Thanks in advance for your help, suggestions and advices.

Regards

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Easiest way to bring Niece to UK

Post by Ticktack » Fri May 10, 2024 12:28 pm

Shogun75 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 12:05 pm
Hello,

I hope you're all fine.

I'm currently looking after her as her mother has passed and her dad is old and inactive.

I've been in UK for the past 22 years with good job and accommodation. I'm a UK citizen now...

Regards
Not an expert on this, but you might need to adopt her. Father might need to let go of all parental responsibilities.

Your not accessing public funds has nothing to do with it.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Shogun75

Post by Shogun75 » Fri May 10, 2024 12:31 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 12:28 pm
Shogun75 wrote:
Hello,

I hope you're all fine.

Regards
Not an expert on this, but you might need to adopt her. Father might need to let go of all parental responsibilities.

Your not accessing public funds has nothing to do with it.
Yes, Father is quite happy to do that actually...
But is that done under UK Law or Local Country Law?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 10, 2024 1:07 pm

Do your research carefully and thoroughly.

The child has a living parent and likely extended family in her home country. UKVI will ask, "why you".

It is virtually impossible to bring a child who is family that has been adopted as this is seen as "gifting". There have been many tales of woe around this scenario in the past. The immigration rules are very clear on this as well.

How old is the child's father?

Which country is this? Asking as there are specific international requirements for adopting children from abroad.

You would need to understand the adoption process for both countries. It is not as easy as it seems.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Shogun75

Post by Shogun75 » Sun May 12, 2024 1:22 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 1:07 pm
Do your research carefully and thoroughly.

The child has a living parent and likely extended family in her home country. UKVI will ask, "why you".

It is virtually impossible to bring a child who is family that has been adopted as this is seen as "gifting". There have been many tales of woe around this scenario in the past. The immigration rules are very clear on this as well.

How old is the child's father?

Which country is this? Asking as there are specific international requirements for adopting children from abroad.

You would need to understand the adoption process for both countries. It is not as easy as it seems.
Thanks for the very useful feedback.

We are the extended family to be honest.
However, I'm not sure how to prove that though other than demonstrating the same last name one all papers.

The Child's Father is about 62 and unemployed/pre-retired now.

Not sure if the adoption process is better than just try and bring the kid here on Visitor visa and speak to the HO afterwards?

Regards,

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun May 12, 2024 2:46 pm

Shogun75 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 1:22 pm
Not sure if the adoption process is better than just try and bring the kid here on Visitor visa and speak to the HO afterwards?
On the face of it not a good idea. There are too many loose ends. For the child's sake it should be clear that she needs a proper status as to who will be the parent/guardian, and everything must be legally approved and documented.

Visitors are required to convince the EO that they will be leaving the UK by the end date of the visitor visa.

The Home Office are not known for their compassion, child or adult, and will take a dim view on trying to circumvent/shortcut the immigration system. Remember, the child is the applicant for a visa and if anything goes wrong the child's chances in terms of future UK immigration may be impacted.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun May 12, 2024 3:32 pm

Shogun75 wrote:

Just to add a further comment. In a subsequent post you mentioned that her dad is aged 62 and pre-retirement.

In my honest opinion, I don't believe that he will be considered as 'old'. Your reference to him being 'inactive' isn't clear.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun May 12, 2024 6:30 pm

There is really not a feasible route that would allow your niece to seek to settle in the UK.
Adoption will not be accepted while the father is alive.
If you were even able to bring the child under a visit visa ( I have little faith in that being possible) soon as you start suggesting the child remains you will enter a world safeguarding and people smuggling. That is a swift route to the child being taken from you and entering into care and deportation. This would be a light outcome.
You could find yourself facing a criminal prosecution for facilitating entry into the UK.