ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa renewal

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

meenakshi15
Newly Registered
India

Spouse Visa renewal

Post by meenakshi15 » Wed May 29, 2024 8:57 pm

I'm on spouse dependent visa and my husband holds ILR. My BRP expires on 20 August 2024 (initially got the visa for 2 years and 9 months):

1. Can I apply for a renewal now/June? If so will my existing visa still be valid until 20th of August? Or do I need to apply only in the last 28 days before my current visa expires? Could someone please advice on the best time to apply for visa renewal

2. What all documents are required for the visa renewal

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa renewal

Post by AmazonianX » Wed May 29, 2024 11:21 pm

meenakshi15 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2024 8:57 pm
I'm on spouse dependent visa and my husband holds ILR. My BRP expires on 20 August 2024 (initially got the visa for 2 years and 9 months):

1. Can I apply for a renewal now/June? If so will my existing visa still be valid until 20th of August? Or do I need to apply only in the last 28 days before my current visa expires? Could someone please advice on the best time to apply for visa renewal Eligible to apply for extension 28days before completing 30months in UK counting from your date of entry into UK on initial spouse visa(or date granted of switched within UK) if no hurry don't apply too early so you don't have a shortfall towards ilr.

2. What all documents are required for the visa renewal
Similar documents to your initial application. Go through below

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa