ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SPOUSE VISA EXTENSION QUERY

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Makkivvv
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

SPOUSE VISA EXTENSION QUERY

Post by Makkivvv » Wed Sep 18, 2024 3:49 pm

I am a British Citizen, and my wife received a Spouse visa in October 2022. Her visa BRP expires in December 2024, but when I checked online, her visa status and right to work are valid until July 2025. We also have a son who is a British citizen. Here are my queries:

1. When is the earliest she can apply for an extension? Can she apply based on the online status expiry date, allowing her to travel from December 2024 till July 2025 even if her BRP is expired?
2. English requirement: When she first applied for her spouse visa from India, she obtained a certificate from Ecctis confirming “The level of English language for the above degree course is considered to meet the requirements of CEFR level C1”. Does she still need to meet the English language requirement, or can we resubmit this Certificate again.?
3. Financial requirement for spouse extension.
4. Type of application.
5. Full list of required documents if you have.
6. Last question related to ILR (When I checked UKVI website Check your route to indefinite leave to remain it states - check the letter you got from the Home Office when your ‘leave to remain’ was last approved. This letter I lost not sure what was written on that letter.). Is there any other way to find this information.? if she can apply for 2 year or 5-year route for ILR.?

Many thanks in advance and highly appreciated to reply for the above query. Thanks, and Kind Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: SPOUSE VISA EXTENSION QUERY

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 18, 2024 4:04 pm

1. All brps expire in December 2024. The approval email/letter will state visa duration, usual 2 years and 9 months if applied for outside the uk.

2. Fine to reuse.

3. Same as before £18,600pa etc.

4. FLR M is the form.

5. The checklist and Appendix fm guide will tell you. English, financial, 2 years evidence in both names of cohabitation.

6. There is no 2 year route to ilr for spouse visa holder anymore, that ceased in july 2012. She needs 5 years for ilr on a spouse visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.