ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mrs.P

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Mrs.P » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:18 pm

Seeker26 wrote:How can we view google document? I viewed it once and it was very helpful to see other people timeline.
Thanks
Please follow the link below.

Seeker26
Newly Registered

Post by Seeker26 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:33 pm

Thanks Mrs P.
Really appreciate

Is the time for SET (O) and Set (M) is approximately same.. i.e. 4 months?
I applied for SET (M) on 13th of March.
Thanks

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:34 pm

Shahkakaram wrote:
fielddrive wrote:By the way, has anyone applied using the new form yet and received email updates from HO?

Hello every one ,

i have also noticed this day before yesterday about the june version of SET(LR) application form its says " this application form is to be used on or after 02/06/2014 ..
why do you think they are changing the form once a month from at most 2 times a year in the past... sign of things coming to an end?

Mrs.P

Post by Mrs.P » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:50 pm

@Seeker26. No worries. The timeline is for Set LR 10 years applications, some people who applied for Set M got their visas earlier, it depends on their case load.

the guy
Newly Registered

Post by the guy » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:57 pm

Hi all,
Please I want to know whether an 18 years old dependant that is in full time education in college needs to seat for another English language qualification to qualify for ilr based on 10 year residency?

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:33 pm

why do you think they are changing the form once a month from at most 2 times a year in the past... sign of things coming to an end?[/quote]

@Fielddrive ,

Well i also don't have any clue why the keep changing the form , i understand that if they increase the payment then its understood that make sense , but yes this is how HO is we have to follow what they are asked us to do so ....

so keep updating here if you got any news ,

This forum is actually playing an important role to update the HO activities related from the APPLICATION FORM till DECISION so those who are due in July 2014 and onwards kindly check the updated version of the form on their websites particularly the DAY on which you are applying for ILR or Any other category ....

let see how it goes with our decisions ,

thanks

prem_singh123
Mood:
India

Post by prem_singh123 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:28 pm

Mrs P
Please check your inbox.
Thanks

Mrs.P wrote:@Seeker26. No worries. The timeline is for Set LR 10 years applications, some people who applied for Set M got their visas earlier, it depends on their case load.

dessy33
Newly Registered

Post by dessy33 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:21 pm

Hi all,

Could someone please clarify? I saw the following requirement on the ukba website

You’ll need to prove your degree was both:

taught or researched in English
confirmed by UK NARIC as the equivalent of a bachelor’s, master’s or PhD degree in the UK
You’ll need to provide your original degree certificate and 1 of the following:

a printout from the points-based calculator with the equivalent level of your degree and the level of English
an original letter or certificate from UK NARIC confirming the equivalent level of your degree, plus an official letter from your university with your name and degree confirming that your degree was taught in English
an original and official certificate from your university confirming the degree was taught or researched in a majority English-speaking country (except Canada)"You’ll need to prove your degree was both:

taught or researched in English

confirmed by UK NARIC as the equivalent of a bachelor’s, master’s or PhD degree in the UK

You’ll need to provide your original degree certificate and 1 of the following:

a printout from the points-based calculator with the equivalent level of your degree and the level of English
an original letter or certificate from UK NARIC confirming the equivalent level of your degree, plus an official letter from your university with your name and degree confirming that your degree was taught in English
an original and official certificate from your university confirming the degree was taught or researched in a majority English-speaking country (except Canada)
"

Does the above apply to me if I graduated from a uk university (currently on tier 1) ?

Can I just submit my certificate and transcript? (Without a letter from my Uni saying I was taught in English) cos it's obvious that a uk degree is taught in English

I will appreciate ur response ...hoping to submit my application this week

Thanks in advance

Dessy

Pak_Asif
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Pak_Asif » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:22 pm

Hi everyone,

@ zeksy1,

I rang HO today and they said there is a transitional period during which old version of
the application form is also acceptable.
Regards,
Asif
zeksy1 wrote:Hi all
Today i have realized that i have send outdated application form.
I have used 04/14 set lr form and posted it on 10/06/14 while at that time 06/14 set lr version was out
Please can u tell me wat is going to happend. Really worried :-(
Set(lr) applied 10/06/14
Brp done on 26/06/14
Please senior members help
Kind regards

Pak_Asif
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Pak_Asif » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:36 pm

Hi @ Shahkakaram,

Do you have the 02-06-14 version of the set(lr) form?

I m in same situation as you are, I rang HO today and they said there is a transitional period during with both old and new
version of the form is acceptable. I have a suggestion and would welcome any comments. I think we should fill in the 02-06-14 version of the form and send it along with a covering letter, as our applications have not been forwarded to the case worker yet and must be waiting in some queue, so mention it in the covering letter that they replace this application with the one we posted in June. What do you think ?
Regards,
Asif
Shahkakaram wrote:
fielddrive wrote:By the way, has anyone applied using the new form yet and received email updates from HO?

Hello every one ,

i have also noticed this day before yesterday about the june version of SET(LR) application form its says " this application form is to be used on or after 02/06/2014 ..

Need some input from MUSTANSIR , NAD And others who applied in june 2014 .........

THANKS

SHAH

rwhizza
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rwhizza » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:52 pm

Applied on 18/6 with new version
Haven't received any email from home office. From previous experience with tier2 visa home office will only email if they need additional documents. People applying with an old version will still be ok due to transition period. No need to send a new form as it will complicate things.

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:05 am

Hello successful applicants, shahjee, Ali!
As we all know that for SET(LR) only few documents need like 10 years passport, liuk test, English certificate , covering letter etc but still what's better presentation like which document at low and top better present and easy for caseworker.

maylia88
Newly Registered

Post by maylia88 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:10 am

Hi

I applied on the 20th June and used the new form - acknowledgement letter on the 26th June.

My solicitor advised me that the old form has a validity of 21 days so the old form April version was valid until the 23rd June so if anyone applied after this date using the old form you might want to send a new form (just in my opinion).

Maylia

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:02 am

[quote="Pak_Asif"]Hi @ Shahkakaram,

I m in same situation as you are, I rang HO today and they said there is a transitional period during with both old and new
version of the form is acceptable. I have a suggestion and would welcome any comments. I think we should fill in the 02-06-14 version of the form and send it along with a covering letter, as our applications have not been forwarded to the case worker yet and must be waiting in some queue, so mention it in the covering letter that they replace this application with the one we posted in June. What do you think ?
Regards,

@ Pak-Asif ,

Brov thanks for your concern as we are on same boat so this discussion will surely help us lot ..

I was also thinking same as you said let's fill the new version of form but brother after taking advise for some fellow members I think that new form may create more complex problem as you know fees and bio metric are already processed so on new form what will you write on applied date and I understand that covering letter will explain all things but on the other hand there are some other issues of dates on the form and so many others ...in short new form will create a lot of problem ... They may deal it like withdraw of an application and in that case fees will not be refunded ....

As you called HO and they says that the transitional period is allowed .. Some one said on above post that 21 days are allowed so hopefully it will be okay ...

And I really didn't downloaded the 06/2014 version and didn't have to soft or hard copy of it and they uploaded July version now 07/2014 .... So seems okay and it's not much difference b.w those two forms , you can still compare with 04/2014 ( I have a soft copy of this version ) it's only asking about an email twice ... I don't know why they asked it twice in new form as previous version also has the same question ..

This is my view , any how if you or any one else come up with any please share here ;)

Thanks

Remember us in your prayers ,

khanzada123

Post by khanzada123 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:38 am

Thought to share this NEWS with you guys...Corrections are being made:

ttp://www.drummondmiller.co.uk/news/2014/03/i ... l-2014%29/

Settlement under the Points Based System for dependants

Corrections are being made to enforce the intention that only dependants of individuals who qualified for settlement under the Points-Based System can apply for settlement as dependants of Points-Based System Migrants. Previously the Immigration Rules allowed dependents of those who qualified for settlement on the basis of long residence to also apply. The change will mean such dependants will need to apply for leave to remain under the 'new' rules for family members in Appendix FM before they can qualify for settlement.

This means that for PBS dependants who are applying to 'switch' into the partner of a settled person route on or after 6 April 2014 will have to apply under Appendix FM of the Rules, and will not be able to combine any leave they have accrued as a PBS dependant with leave as a Partner under Appendix FM.

There are, however, transitional provisions in place for those who were granted leave to enter or remain as the dependant of a PBS migrant prior to 9 July 2012, whose PBS partner gained indefinite leave to remain on the basis of long residence to  under transitional provisions at A280 (c) apply for further leave under Part 8 of the Immigration Rules.

Where those on the transitional provision will be affected by these new changes is that they will have to complete the two years for settlement from the time they 'switch' into a spouse visa (as from 6 April 2014, they can no longer combine leave under Part 8 with leave as a PBS dependant). 

Unfortunately, those PBS dependants who do not fall into this category will need to wait for five years for settlement from the time they 'switch' into a spouse visa.

CKP

Post by CKP » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:37 am

there is another new section D14 in the new form. This is relate to your ties in the country you born or country you held nationality for.

Shahkakaram wrote:
Pak_Asif wrote:Hi @ Shahkakaram,

Regards,

@ Pak-Asif ,

Brov thanks for your concern as we are on same boat so this discussion will surely help us lot ..

I was also thinking same as you said let's fill the new version of form but brother after taking advise for some fellow members I think that new form may create more complex problem as you know fees and bio metric are already processed so on new form what will you write on applied date and I understand that covering letter will explain all things but on the other hand there are some other issues of dates on the form and so many others ...in short new form will create a lot of problem ... They may deal it like withdraw of an application and in that case fees will not be refunded ....

As you called HO and they says that the transitional period is allowed .. Some one said on above post that 21 days are allowed so hopefully it will be okay ...

And I really didn't downloaded the 06/2014 version and didn't have to soft or hard copy of it and they uploaded July version now 07/2014 .... So seems okay and it's not much difference b.w those two forms , you can still compare with 04/2014 ( I have a soft copy of this version ) it's only asking about an email twice ... I don't know why they asked it twice in new form as previous version also has the same question ..

This is my view , any how if you or any one else come up with any please share here ;)

Thanks

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:52 am

Slam Everyone.

Again someone have messed up with google drive again.

I dont understand if you dont about Excel then why you try to edit??

Well no one going admit that. LOL

Regards

Shay14
Newly Registered

Post by Shay14 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:59 am

Hi guys,

I have a question about the Acknowledgement Letter. My letter was send from the Liverpool office? Has anyone received theirs from that office as well? I thought it would be sent from Durham.

Please confirm.

Thanks

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:39 pm

[quote="CKP"]there is another new section D14 in the new form. This is relate to your ties in the country you born or country you held nationality for.

@CKP

Yes its true another blow from HO :D that they updated in July version ....07/2014 ...thats seems very different update as compare to 4/2014 and 6/2014 version of SET ( LR) ..so now every one who are due to apply in july and onwards please make sure keep checking the version of the forms on their website because HO clearly said that on their website that they periodically change the form so keep ur self updated ...

So we are mainly talking about 04/2014 and 06/2014 version ..its not much difference only the email address which was also there on 04/2014 version as well in B17 and B18

But according to the home office versions of form its not that important that what are the difference , Just make sure download the updated version of the form in order to avoid any disappointments ..

Best of luck

Thanks
SHAH

march_ilr

Post by march_ilr » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:40 pm

hassan5805 wrote:Slam Everyone.

Again someone have messed up with google drive again.

I dont understand if you dont about Excel then why you try to edit??

Well no one going admit that. LOL

Regards
hi

this is my concern as well. for example: the note (in the note column) against my name in the google drive is not related to me. All the info in the note column is therefore irrelevant. If you look for the explanation note against the refusal cases you will also find the information written there is wrong. The problem started when someone created few empty rows at the top of the table and write a note (in bold red letter) regarding leaving first few rows. I think member of Admin needs to rectify this.
regards
march_ilr
Applied for FREEDOM on the 20th March

imran_shah
Newly Registered

5 months short to apply 10 years long residence

Post by imran_shah » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:45 pm

Hi to All

I am short of 5 months to apply for ILR long residency. What should i do? I am really confused. I spoke to a solicitor they said i can apply for home office discretionary leave. I have spoken to another solicitor and he mentioned a few options. I am really confused about the safe options.

Could anyone suggest please what is the safe option?

Thanks alot

Shahkakaram

Re: 5 months short to apply 10 years long residence

Post by Shahkakaram » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:51 pm

imran_shah wrote:Hi to All

I am short of 5 months to apply for ILR long residency. What should i do? I am really confused. I spoke to a solicitor they said i can apply for home office discretionary leave. I have spoken to another solicitor and he mentioned a few options. I am really confused about the safe options.

Could anyone suggest please what is the safe option?

Thanks alot
@ Imran shah ,

Would you tell us which visa you are on this time ?

Is five years cap applicable to you ?

Are you married ? and have children ?

when did u arrived in this country ?

make sure keep all the things in your mind before taking any step , these five months are very important to regularise your stay ...

thanks

mskhan78

Post by mskhan78 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:06 pm

Hi Everyone

Just to update
I just called Home Office 03001232241 . The customer service told me a parcel has been dispatched to my address on 1 July. got a tracking number from them but nothing coming up on royal mail website and nothing has been deliverted yet.
Can anyone guide how long it takes to reach anything to us from them????

Applied on 13th March 2014.

Regards

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:19 pm

mskhan78 wrote:Hi Everyone

Just to update
I just called Home Office 03001232241 . The customer service told me a parcel has been dispatched to my address on 1 July. got a tracking number from them but nothing coming up on royal mail website and nothing has been deliverted yet.

Regards
@mskhan78

Congratulations !

if it is 2nd class , should be reach by today or tomorrow , keep tracking it on their website ,

seems you will get your brp before you got that parcel ...heheheh

KEEP updated here as well

Thanks ,

SHAH

mskhan78

Post by mskhan78 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:50 pm

Shahkakaram wrote:
mskhan78 wrote:Hi Everyone

Just to update

Regards
@mskhan78

Congratulations !

if it is 2nd class , should be reach by today or tomorrow , keep tracking it on their website ,

seems you will get your brp before you got that parcel ...heheheh

KEEP updated here as well

Thanks ,

SHAH
Thanks for Reply Shah Bro
Lets see . I will update accordingly INSHALLAH.

Regards