ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job creation

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arl123
Newly Registered

Job creation

Post by arl123 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:54 pm

I am on a tier 1 entrepreneur visa. I applied in April 2014 and got it in May 2014. I need to create at least 2 full time jobs for 12 months. I want to look into job creation now since I have a renewal in may 2017. The problem is that I cannot afford to recruit anybody and I don't have jobs to create. My business is not doing well. My accountant suggested that there are many British nationals who who don't earn enough to get their dependents and there are settled people who want to show more income to qualify for a mortgage. He suggested that I find these people and show that I am employing them, show bank transactions, make real time pay slips and we can share the cost of the tax being paid to HMRC. Problem is where do I find such people? Is there anyone else who has not shown genuine staff?

irana2015

Re: Job creation

Post by irana2015 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:41 pm

Hi,

Yes I am aware of some cases where people showed not genuine employee and their applications refused within a week. I am sure this is not something you are after.

The best option is to find genuine employees for your business even if this is in the last 12 months and it will fulfil the extension requirements.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
IR

arl123
Newly Registered

Post by arl123 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:01 pm

Thanks IR. My business isn't doing well and I don't have a job to give at the moment. Whatever business my company is getting, I am able to do it myself. To be honest, the chances of lightening striking would be much higher than my company being successful. Also, my husband is my dependent. He earns much more than me. Will that be a problem for renewal?

Momi
United Kingdom

Post by Momi » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:56 pm

There is no way around and you applied and got the visa after consent that you will create 2 jobs in 3 years. There are many options to show the employment. If your business is not doing well then you can recruit 2 marketing employees. Genuine employees and genuine RTI that's what you need.
Irana is right that you will be in trouble if you will have no employee or not genuine employee.
Just remember entrepreneur means risk taker. Pay the employees from your 50000 or 200000.
No money or no employee = No Extension

shanky

Re: Job creation-Dont take risk with fake employees not wort

Post by shanky » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:38 pm

arl123 wrote:I am on a tier 1 entrepreneur visa. I applied in April 2014 and got it in May 2014. I need to create at least 2 full time jobs for 12 months. I want to look into job creation now since I have a renewal in may 2017. The problem is that I cannot afford to recruit anybody and I don't have jobs to create. My business is not doing well. My accountant suggested that there are many British nationals who who don't earn enough to get their dependents and there are settled people who want to show more income to qualify for a mortgage. He suggested that I find these people and show that I am employing them, show bank transactions, make real time pay slips and we can share the cost of the tax being paid to HMRC. Problem is where do I find such people? Is there anyone else who has not shown genuine staff?
Sorry to read about your situation. I'm on holiday so have lot of free time in hand will try to explain the best i can.

I know similar case, one guy showed 2 employees with all taxes paid but these employees were not actually working but were employed on papers and dont know how but home office managed to find this out and this guy was given 14 day for explanation. Home office then got HMRC involve in this case and investigation was done and immediately Arrest warrant and deportation orders were issued under fraud & money laundering and was deported from UK and is banned from UK for 10 years now. Also Accountant who was involved his licence was revoked and accountant was given approx 20K fine. I will advice you not to consider this fake employee route its not worth it. To risky they are finding way to bring immigration down by any means.
Its not only about employees , UKBA genuinity criteria gives them lot of gray area to play around with you application. that is what can be a problem.

You have to give it a try and see chance are you get lucky you never know you have to decide.

I can think of 3 options for you. I know lot of people have money but dont have business or employees maybe point 1 help others as well. Your best bit will be:-

1- If you have money then thr are lot of businesses in UK who are looking for funding and will be happy to make you share holder in their companies and also can make can give you Director position on your skills bases even if you dont have any skill related to business then also you can hold the director position as you will be share holder and thr can be more then one director in any company . I know few friends of mine who dont understand business or dont have much of a business head have done this and it completely legal, to give you a example one of my friends she invested £55k in one company against 20% stake in that company and she was given Director position and in agreement she made sure that company guarantee to employee 2 more people after investment. this company already had 5 people working for them but with the investment they manage to increase the business and now they have 13 employees and the funny thing is its less then 2 year she invested this money and she is already getting offers to sell her stake in that from the company owner and others. Last she was offered was £170 K . Not a bad deal for less then 2 year investment ha. she is planning to sell her stake after her visa extension. She has applied for her visa and we are 100% certain she will get her visa extension as everything is very genuine I wouldn't say that every investment will be as successfully as this one but in UK law are very strong for investors so your money is safe unless you invest in someone you dont trust or is a lovely business. You have to keep in mind it can be a risk of losing money if business fails. You need to do proper due diligence before you invest. Also you can back this investment with insurance so if company is in losses then insurance will cover your investment losses in that case insurance company make sure all the risk are covered and will do all due diligence to make sure your money is safe and they dont have to pay out the money in case of losses.
If you struggle to understand all this shares and company stake holding then get some friends involve who understand this or some accounting firm or corporate law firm they will do everything . I have personally never used Asian accountants but lot of people i know didnt had very good experience for this kind of stuff. No offence or hard feeling with Asian accountant/ Lawyers but its just a personal recommendation.

2-or you switch to Tire 2 but will depend on your skills and also you need to find sponsor

3- Before visa expire get you husband on Tire 1 or Tire 2 and you become dependent you both combined with complete 5 years and get ilr (just a thought not sure about this one pls check). he will have to go back to home country and apply but he should easily get it as you are legal here

There are few other legal way you take this around but most of them will be related to company structures and company formation as making your business/company sister concern or subsidiaries in that case you can get away with employee problem but you need to know what you are doing if you dont understand business or have no intention to run genuine business then I wont advice this. What sector you business is working ?

Hope this helps . Good luck
S

snapitbik
Nepal

Post by snapitbik » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:26 am

Hi shanky

Thank you for helping many members with your valuable information provied on this thread and another thread regarding approval of your extension,

I want to confirm regarding the 2 employee which you quote
I know similar case, one guy showed 2 employees with all taxes paid but these employees were not actually working but were employed on papers and dont know how but home office managed to find this out and this guy was given 14 day for explanation. Home office then got HMRC involve in this case and investigation was done and immediately Arrest warrant and deportation orders were issued under fraud & money laundering and was deported from UK and is banned from UK for 10 years now

Are these two employee same case who Photoshop the passport as you mention on earlier post ?

Please can you confrimed.

Best Regards

shanky

Post by shanky » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:59 pm

snapitbik wrote:Hi shanky

Thank you for helping many members with your valuable information provied on this thread and another thread regarding approval of your extension,

I want to confirm regarding the 2 employee which you quote
I know similar case, one guy showed 2 employees with all taxes paid but these employees were not actually working but were employed on papers and dont know how but home office managed to find this out and this guy was given 14 day for explanation. Home office then got HMRC involve in this case and investigation was done and immediately Arrest warrant and deportation orders were issued under fraud & money laundering and was deported from UK and is banned from UK for 10 years now

Are these two employee same case who Photoshop the passport as you mention on earlier post ?

Please can you confrimed.

Best Regards

Hi

I never mentioned this in any of my previous post that "employee Photoshop the passport" or something, I dont know about this case but I guess it must be different post, we are talking about different cases.

But Photoshop the passport lol this is different level and if caught then will be considered as criminal under deliberate fraud act and will be banned for 10 year from UK and also wont get a visa for other countries like Canada, US, Australia etc for at least 3- 5 years all other countries which share the same criminal database with UK . I read somewhere on Govt website that UKBA has direct access of HMRC database where they simply type the name and age of employees and they get all the details. (will see if i can find the link to this info) but because of Real time information it will be very tricky to get away with something like this.
Will love to know more about his case if he manage to get away with this will be lucky if case worker is in Christmasy mood lol and didnt do proper checks on him.

Can you send me the link of this case will like to follow his post.
S

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:14 pm

Below is the bit the other user is referring to, posted by user momi and you are already a contributor to the thread Shanky :wink:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... l#p1279068
Momi wrote:Hi Momi

Be careful mate prepare your application to your best. I know 4 Cases where visa extension was cancelled under 50K route. All 4 of them were given 28 days to leave the country where passport remained with Home office and was given to them on airport. Admin review was rejected as well. Though 3 of them managed to come back under 200 K investment route, they applied from there home countries. All 4 of them were running a genuine businesses. I know them well because I helped 2 of them manage their business while they were not in the country. Plan was to sell their business as whole or to sell all their business assets individually but then they decided to give another try with new visas application and Home office decided to give them visa again. :). They all used the solicitors as they all were super busy running thr businesses and making money. Which I guess was not the best idea. That may be the reason I didnt bothered use any solicitor ;). I would suggest put some time into it before you apply and send everything what they asked for nothing more nothing less, everyone love to work enough for what they are paid for nothing more. So if you decided to bombard the case worker with lot of unnecessary document then chances are you will frustrate him/her. I am saying this with personal experience of a friend of mine she is the case worker in Singapore embassy and she was telling me her experience . Hope this helps in some way. Good luck

Hi Shanky,

Congratulations!

Why were those four people's extensions rejected?

Also, did you transfer all of the £50K in one go? I didn't and wonder if this will make a difference.
----------------------------------------

Thanks Alex87

Reason of rejections for all 4 guys :-

First one had some issues with director loans Agreement dont remember exactly what it was.
Second guy missed to sign few document which UKBA specifically asked for in Appendix A
Third guy had missing RTI and FPS for couple of months, I remember he said he only submitted 8 months RTI
Fourth guy is ban from UK for 10 years now as he showed some dodgy employees which didnt actually worked but were only on papers, UKBA manages to find this out and rejected his application in less then a week and banned him with no appeal right.

Im sorry I know this may sound bit scary but worry it not that they are not granting visas I just got mine. Be positive and if you are genuine should be much of a problem.

I think I know the fourth person somehow. that guy did not pay the taxes of his employees and submitted the photo shopped passports of his employees. It's very easy for home office to find out. There are couple of cases where home office has reject the applications for not meeting the hours of employment. One of them had 2 employees for 1 year but they have done 3095 hours not 3120 hours. That guy got refusal as well. He is now on article 8 (human right).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

solomondid
United Kingdom

Post by solomondid » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:36 pm

Thanks for being more than helpful Shanky but looks as if you are giving mixed up reviews and incorrect case information please help with genuine information from personal experience as people rely on your feedback. I appreciate your feedback and please only share witnessed cases not you heard off someone else
Solomon

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:35 pm

agree with Salmon

He has presented case 4 ,once that he has been banned for 10 years based on fake employees not paying taxes,photoshopped etc and in another thread he is saying he got caught up inspite paying taxes so these are incorrect information I strongly believe he is wrong or non veryfied information on others which he should not discuss any way