ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Having A Baby Abroad?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

TobyDavies
Newly Registered
Russia

Having A Baby Abroad?

Post by TobyDavies » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:14 am

I'm a UK citizen, married to a Russian national. We're currently waiting for her spouse visa application result. We're expecting our 1st child in September, so may end up having the baby in Russia. If so, assuming my wife's visa is granted, what kind of paperwork/visa applications will we need to bring the baby home?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Having A Baby Abroad?

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:20 am

If you are British otherwise than by descent ( British born or naturalised) then your child will be British by descent and can apply for a passport directly.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:46 pm

TobyDavies wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:14 am
I'm a UK citizen, married to a Russian national. We're currently waiting for her spouse visa application result. We're expecting our 1st child in September, so may end up having the baby in Russia. If so, assuming my wife's visa is granted, what kind of paperwork/visa applications will we need to bring the baby home?
Also keep in mind that on issuance of visa there is only 1 month for travelling to UK and remaining length of visa on BRP is available to collect in person from postoffice.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

TobyDavies
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by TobyDavies » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:30 am

seagul wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:46 pm
TobyDavies wrote:
Also keep in mind that on issuance of visa there is only 1 month for travelling to UK and remaining length of visa on BRP is available to collect in person from postoffice.
What is BRP please?

Qanoon
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Qanoon » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:55 am

What is BRP please?
Biometric Residence Permit

Jaune08
Mexico

Post by Jaune08 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:30 am

TobyDavies wrote:
This is a medical advice really. But in case your wife's visa is granted before September (I don't know when you've applied) and she's intended to travel, you must know that the majority of airlines won't allow pregnant women to fly after week 34 or 36 (this is for the high risk of start labour during the flight). This was my case, so I ended up having my baby back in my home country.

Also, I suggest you to do some research about the airlines of your choice, as some of their policies are very restrictive when it comes to let newborns travel. Some of them allow newborns flying from day 28 after they were born, while others set up the threshold up to 6 weeks old. Finally, what I was told by my paediatrician to apply the first set of vaccines for my baby prior traveling (as the airport is a crowded environment and who knows if your baby will ever meet an antivaxxer with an infection). Wanted to send this as a private message but I wasn't allowed.

Hope that helps :)