ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Breaking up with sponsee spouse

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

longdistance
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Breaking up with sponsee spouse

Post by longdistance » Sun Jun 02, 2024 9:26 pm

I am married to my wife, we have has our fare share of complications, and I should have not let the relationship get this far as all the red flags were there, it takes 2 to tango.

I have finally had enough of her behaviour, I wont go into detail but we have had infidelity on both side, but since she arrived in UK, its been downhill.

She had around 1 year left of her 2.5 year visa, she lives with me, she pays no rent or bills, and its my name on the tenancy agreement. I have told her to leave, she is making it difficult, she has done domestic violence towards me and also damage the house and property. I have taken the keys, and when she leaves I wont let he back in. I know its a complicated situation, but from my understating, as she is not paying rent or bills or has her name on tenancy, she would need to get a court order to get access, she has threatened to get the police, but I am sure they cannot do anything once she is outside the property and cannot gain access, unless she has a court order. if she kicks the door and makes a scene, then she will be a threat and police can deal with her.

In regards to visa, I have applied for divorce and as soon as he is locked out, I will tell the home office we have broken up and she no longer lives with me, I do no feel good about all this, but its the only way I can get rid of her.

She is very manipulative, and says I cannot do any of this, and then said she will lie and make stories and blame me for everything so she is able to renew her visa.

What will happen, will she be able to stay to the end of her visa and have to leave? Or can she seek refuge here? I dont want my ego to hope she will be kicked out, but I do not want her near me ever again.

I have a lot of evidence of her infidelity, voice recordings of her saying she is using me for a visa amongst other evidence.

Any advice would be great

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Breaking up with sponsee spouse

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 02, 2024 9:38 pm

Is this the same spouse you asked about in May 2022??

viewtopic.php?p=2069358#p2069358
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

longdistance
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by longdistance » Sun Jun 02, 2024 9:50 pm

Yep and I should have listened, here we are anyway

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 02, 2024 10:23 pm

Insisting your wife leaves the home, regardless of whether she doesn't contributes to the rent or her name is not on the tenancy agreement, it's not a simple as you currently believe.

See the guidance below from the Citizen's Advise Bureau:

"If you're married or in a civil partnership you both have ‘home rights’. This means you can stay in your home, even if you don’t own it or you’re not named on the tenancy. You’ll only have to move out permanently if your marriage or civil partnership ends, or if a court orders you to - for example, as part of your divorce."

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/famil ... -separate/
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:29 am

An idea might be to give notice to your landlord and rent another place. Move yourself without her?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:59 am

THO wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:29 am
An idea might be to give notice to your landlord and rent another place. Move yourself without her?
Before considering this option, the OP should be aware that even though his wife isn't on the tenancy, she does have 'marital rights'. Much depends on the type and the terms of his tenancy agreement. I suggest he reads the information provided by the charity 'Shelter' or seek advice from the CAB.

https://england.shelter.org.uk/professi ... rm#title-4
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

longdistance
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by longdistance » Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:16 am

Thanks for the reply, I went to the police this morning to report the domestic violence, along with the criminal damage of the property, I explained that I have asked her to leave, and if she refuses I will change the locks. She has said to get her suitcases and she will pack today, the police said if she refuses to leave and starts physical abuse or criminal damage to call the police immediately and as I am the named tenant she will be removed as she has friends she can stay with until its resolved, the same goes for if the locks are changed and she starts to make a scene and break the door, she will be removed. The police cannot force me to open the door to her if she is locked out, she will need to seek an order from the court to regain access.

I really do not want to do this, she is my wife and I do love her, unless she comes up with a plan to become a better person and partner today, she is out the door. She is welcome to kick the door down, scream and make scene and call the police, but neither can force me to open the door unless they have a warrant or court order

longdistance
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by longdistance » Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:19 am

THO wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:29 am
its a family members property who I rent from, it was extremely run down and in bad condition, I took the property on 2 months before she was due to move to the UK, and I have spent 10s of thousands of pounds to make this a home for the both of us, unfortunately she clearly doesn't want this life, and would prefer to be free and single and sleep with other people. Everyone has their breaking point, and this is mine