ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Financial Proof/Maintenance proof Bank statements for Skilled Worker Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rd3391
Newly Registered
Belgium

Financial Proof/Maintenance proof Bank statements for Skilled Worker Visa

Post by rd3391 » Thu Jun 06, 2024 10:16 pm

I will be applying for a skilled worker visa, and I need your help with a doubt on maintenance funds.

I have the required amount of £1,270 for myself and £285(for my dependent) in my bank account for the last 2 months.

Now the guidance as given on gov.uk website:
"You will need to have had the money available for at least 28 days in a row. Day 28 must be within 31 days of applying for this visa."
Reference: https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/ ... h-it-costs

My question is:
1. The ENTIRE Day 01 to Day 28 period need to be within these 31 days of applying for the visa?
2. OR the Day 01 can be outside of the 31-day period, and Day 28 ONLY within the 31-day period of the bank statement.

Also I found this on gov.uk website,
"The bank statement(s) or evidence you use to show the funds have been held for 28 days must be from the 31 days before you submit your application. The 28 days is calculated from the date of the last transaction in the last dated bank statement."
Reference: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/financial-e ... ork-routes

Currently, I have my latest bank statements generated within the last 31 days, and counting the 28 days backward from the last transaction on my lastest bank statement, Day 01 is out of the 31 day period. Will that be accepted by UKVI?

Many thanks for your help and guidance.
Regards