ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pre-settled to Settled - Send BRC?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Post Reply
User avatar
claraluh
Member
Posts: 216
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:03 pm
Location: London
United Kingdom

Pre-settled to Settled - Send BRC?

Post by claraluh » Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:20 pm

Hello Everyone,

When changing from pre-settled to settled status, is it a normal procedure to be asked to send BRC by post? And How long they normally take to return the BRC? All the documents were provided to prove the 5 years residency but they are also asking the person to send the BRC by post, they’ll only process the application after they receive the BRC.

Thanks.

howtobeksenia
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat May 25, 2019 8:31 pm
Belarus

Re: Pre-settled to Settled - Send BRC?

Post by howtobeksenia » Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:16 pm

Hey, yes it's ok. I did it last year when I was switching to pre-settled based on retained rights and now sent it again as I am switching to settled. Last year they returned it within 10 days.

seekingadvice87
Member
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:29 pm

Re: Pre-settled to Settled - Send BRC?

Post by seekingadvice87 » Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:18 pm

howtobeksenia wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:16 pm
Hey, yes it's ok. I did it last year when I was switching to pre-settled based on retained rights and now sent it again as I am switching to settled. Last year they returned it within 10 days.
Hi,

When you submitted the settled status application, how long did it take for them to request that you send your BRC? A friend did the same as you when I helped them submit for their retained rights and they had to have their BRC sent to the home office however, when I helped them with their settled status application, there were no instructions to say that they needed to resend their BRC again. So do you know if I have done the wrong application for my friend or do I need to help them resubmit another application? I think it's been a while now and they have not heard back on the application so I am hoping we have not made a mistake. I usually help as English isn't their first language. Thanks

howtobeksenia
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat May 25, 2019 8:31 pm
Belarus

Re: Pre-settled to Settled - Send BRC?

Post by howtobeksenia » Thu Jun 13, 2024 2:57 pm

seekingadvice87 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:18 pm
howtobeksenia wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:16 pm
Hey, yes it's ok. I did it last year when I was switching to pre-settled based on retained rights and now sent it again as I am switching to settled. Last year they returned it within 10 days.
Hi,

When you submitted the settled status application, how long did it take for them to request that you send your BRC? A friend did the same as you when I helped them submit for their retained rights and they had to have their BRC sent to the home office however, when I helped them with their settled status application, there were no instructions to say that they needed to resend their BRC again. So do you know if I have done the wrong application for my friend or do I need to help them resubmit another application? I think it's been a while now and they have not heard back on the application so I am hoping we have not made a mistake. I usually help as English isn't their first language. Thanks
Hey,

if there were no instructions then maybe it wasn't necessary as the identity was confirmed via the mobile app? in my case they clearly asked me to send it as I couldn't verify my identity via their app. I guess worth giving them a call maybe?

seekingadvice87
Member
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:29 pm

Re: Pre-settled to Settled - Send BRC?

Post by seekingadvice87 » Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:04 pm

howtobeksenia wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2024 2:57 pm
seekingadvice87 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:18 pm
howtobeksenia wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:16 pm
Hey, yes it's ok. I did it last year when I was switching to pre-settled based on retained rights and now sent it again as I am switching to settled. Last year they returned it within 10 days.
Hi,

When you submitted the settled status application, how long did it take for them to request that you send your BRC? A friend did the same as you when I helped them submit for their retained rights and they had to have their BRC sent to the home office however, when I helped them with their settled status application, there were no instructions to say that they needed to resend their BRC again. So do you know if I have done the wrong application for my friend or do I need to help them resubmit another application? I think it's been a while now and they have not heard back on the application so I am hoping we have not made a mistake. I usually help as English isn't their first language. Thanks
Hey,

if there were no instructions then maybe it wasn't necessary as the identity was confirmed via the mobile app? in my case they clearly asked me to send it as I couldn't verify my identity via their app. I guess worth giving them a call maybe?
Hi, thanks for your reply.

How long is the process for the settled-status application taking do you know? If I ring them on my friend's behalf to ask if we made a mistake on the application or how long should we wait before ringing them? Thanks.

Post Reply