ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My Son(Minor) Indian passport renew has been denied

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jagan16
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri May 24, 2024 11:54 am
India

Re: My Son(Minor) Indian passport renew has been denied

Post by jagan16 » Fri May 31, 2024 6:22 am

rubyracer2 wrote:
Thu May 30, 2024 9:53 am
Hi everyone, any update on renewal of minor passports? Has anyone managed to get their kids passports renewed except Sultan
Hi Rubyracer2,

Did you recently travel in and out of India with minors indian passport, parent 1 foreign passport and parent 2 indian passport ? If you did, did you face any challenges or questions at immigration counter?

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
Posts: 408
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:36 pm
India

Re: My Son(Minor) Indian passport renew has been denied

Post by rubyracer2 » Fri May 31, 2024 11:24 am

jagan16 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2024 6:22 am
Hi Rubyracer2,

Did you recently travel in and out of India with minors indian passport, parent 1 foreign passport and parent 2 indian passport ? If you did, did you face any challenges or questions at immigration counter?
It wont be an issue. You will have to go to different queues in Immigration in India but no issues. While returning you can all go to the same immigration queue for non EU passport holders

jagan16
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri May 24, 2024 11:54 am
India

Re: My Son(Minor) Indian passport renew has been denied

Post by jagan16 » Fri May 31, 2024 11:45 am

rubyracer2 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2024 11:24 am
jagan16 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2024 6:22 am
Hi Rubyracer2,

Did you recently travel in and out of India with minors indian passport, parent 1 foreign passport and parent 2 indian passport ? If you did, did you face any challenges or questions at immigration counter?
It wont be an issue. You will have to go to different queues in Immigration in India but no issues. While returning you can all go to the same immigration queue for non EU passport holders
Thank you for the update.

Sivaquery
Junior Member
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:24 pm
United Kingdom

Re: My Son(Minor) Indian passport renew has been denied

Post by Sivaquery » Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:42 am

rubyracer2 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 11:09 am
I have sent HCI three emails, tried to call them too but they are not responsive at all. Really ridiculous that they are making us jump through hoops for what should be a very simple process.

As far as I am aware, only Sultan has been able to renew his child's passport and that was in Birmingham which seems to be the most responsive consulate. perhaps we should all try applying in VFS birmingham
I emailed VFS Birmingham few weeks back about that, they replied that they have also stopped issuing passports to kids in our situation.

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
Posts: 408
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:36 pm
India

Re: My Son(Minor) Indian passport renew has been denied

Post by rubyracer2 » Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:47 am

Sivaquery wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:42 am
I emailed VFS Birmingham few weeks back about that, they replied that they have also stopped issuing passports to kids in our situation.
Its so frustrating. I just have a few months of validity remaining on my kids passport. Have you thought about going to India to get it renewed? Looks like that is the only option available

Sivaquery
Junior Member
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:24 pm
United Kingdom

Re: My Son(Minor) Indian passport renew has been denied

Post by Sivaquery » Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:55 am

rubyracer2 wrote:
Thu May 30, 2024 9:53 am
Hi everyone, any update on renewal of minor passports? Has anyone managed to get their kids passports renewed except Sultan
Hi Ruburacer2,

Unfortunately no positive updates from me.
High commission of Edinburg have not responded to any of my follow up emails.
I have been asking people if they have travelled to India or are planning on travel for trying the passport renewal - no response on that either.
Legal status of our kids in UK - Don't have much clarity on that too. Are they still Indian? Stateless? undeterminable ?
Still waiting for any positive or good news from people here.

Anyone else has any news.. pls share..

Sivaquery
Junior Member
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:24 pm
United Kingdom

Re: My Son(Minor) Indian passport renew has been denied

Post by Sivaquery » Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:03 am

rubyracer2 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:47 am
Sivaquery wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:42 am
I emailed VFS Birmingham few weeks back about that, they replied that they have also stopped issuing passports to kids in our situation.
Its so frustrating. I just have a few months of validity remaining on my kids passport. Have you thought about going to India to get it renewed? Looks like that is the only option available
I did think quite seriously about that.
Asked various airlines about their travel policies on passport validity in case our attempts at renewal fail.
Contacted immigration at UK and India to get confirmation on whether we can travel with a passport valid for less than 6 months.

But the one thing that is making me hesitate is - I was told in India when you submit a Passport renewal application the old Passport is cancelled on application submission day - meaning if your application is on hold or not successful, it will not be possible to return. And you might need to go to courts to get an emergency Passport or so. ( I am not 100% sure of the above info, it was mentioned by a couple of travel agents I spoke to over phone)

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
Posts: 408
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:36 pm
India

Re: My Son(Minor) Indian passport renew has been denied

Post by rubyracer2 » Mon Jun 03, 2024 12:49 pm

Sivaquery wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:55 am
Hi Ruburacer2,

Unfortunately no positive updates from me.
High commission of Edinburg have not responded to any of my follow up emails.
I have been asking people if they have travelled to India or are planning on travel for trying the passport renewal - no response on that either.
Legal status of our kids in UK - Don't have much clarity on that too. Are they still Indian? Stateless? undeterminable ?
Still waiting for any positive or good news from people here.

Anyone else has any news.. pls share..
Thanks for the update Siva, the HCI has placed us in an impossible situation. My kids cant travel after their passport expires, which means we cant travel in case of an emergency either.

UK Wont accept naturalisation application, not without significant delays. I guess the worst case scenario is to apply ILR on expired passport but that's a very long process to get British Passport

jagan16
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri May 24, 2024 11:54 am
India

Re: My Son(Minor) Indian passport renew has been denied

Post by jagan16 » Tue Jun 04, 2024 5:01 am

Sivaquery wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:03 am
rubyracer2 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:47 am
Sivaquery wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:42 am
I emailed VFS Birmingham few weeks back about that, they replied that they have also stopped issuing passports to kids in our situation.
Its so frustrating. I just have a few months of validity remaining on my kids passport. Have you thought about going to India to get it renewed? Looks like that is the only option available
I did think quite seriously about that.
Asked various airlines about their travel policies on passport validity in case our attempts at renewal fail.
Contacted immigration at UK and India to get confirmation on whether we can travel with a passport valid for less than 6 months.

But the one thing that is making me hesitate is - I was told in India when you submit a Passport renewal application the old Passport is cancelled on application submission day - meaning if your application is on hold or not successful, it will not be possible to return. And you might need to go to courts to get an emergency Passport or so. ( I am not 100% sure of the above info, it was mentioned by a couple of travel agents I spoke to over phone)
That's correct, cancelled stamp would be put on passport on the day you submit application. Cancelled Stamp in step 3. Step 1 - application and photo, step 2- docs validation, step 3 - passport officer reviews docs and affix cancelled stamp on current passport.

Sivaquery
Junior Member
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:24 pm
United Kingdom

Re: My Son(Minor) Indian passport renew has been denied

Post by Sivaquery » Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:37 am

rubyracer2 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 12:49 pm
Sivaquery wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:55 am
Hi Ruburacer2,

Unfortunately no positive updates from me.
High commission of Edinburg have not responded to any of my follow up emails.
I have been asking people if they have travelled to India or are planning on travel for trying the passport renewal - no response on that either.
Legal status of our kids in UK - Don't have much clarity on that too. Are they still Indian? Stateless? undeterminable ?
Still waiting for any positive or good news from people here.

Anyone else has any news.. pls share..
Thanks for the update Siva, the HCI has placed us in an impossible situation. My kids cant travel after their passport expires, which means we cant travel in case of an emergency either.

UK Wont accept naturalisation application, not without significant delays. I guess the worst case scenario is to apply ILR on expired passport but that's a very long process to get British Passport

Quite True. We are completely helpless in case of medical or family emergency regarding elderly parents back home. Only one parent can go back to India to help with anything.

I have been told kids can travel using a Travel document - But again the Home office webpage says Travel document can't be used to travel to Home country (And even if we can somehow use it for India, would they get a Visa to visit India?)

I was told its quite tedious process to extend the kids visa / apply for ILR with expired passport (lots of documentation to provide - we don't we even have a denial email/letter from high commission) and they might be considered as a stateless person. (don't know if this will further extend the route to to get British Passport)

Our hands are tied. I can't think of one effective action we can take to help resolve all our situations.

bisi24
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:58 am
United Kingdom

Re: My Son(Minor) Indian passport renew has been denied

Post by bisi24 » Thu Jun 06, 2024 8:26 pm

I also naturalised in UK Dec23. I am British Citizen now. My wife & children are still Indian. Good thing for me is, My children are eligible for ILR in mid 2026 and they have passport validity beyond that.
I haven't still surrendered my passport. I am not clear if I have to only surrender passport or surrender passport and apply renunciation as well. I spoke to a Lawyer in Chennai to clarify if I have to only surrender or do both surrender and renounce (which could make my children stateless). Lawyer is also not sure about this case. If any of you know, please share.

I also had some more conversations with him about this topic so thought of sharing here incase if it helps.

Me: Recently VFS/HCI stopped accepting minor applications for passport renewal if one of parents acquired foreign nationals.
Lawyer: Yes, I am recently getting some calls around that. Minor passport can be renewed as long as one parent is Indian.
Me: If children passport has validity, can they travel to India? or will it be a problem because one of parents acquired foreign national?
Lawyer: Children can definitely travel with Indian passport because other parent is still an Indian.
Me: If VFS/HCI is not accepting passport renewal, is it possible to file a case? Should one of parents be in India to file a case?
Lawyer: Yes case can be filed. Parents are NOT required to be in India. Documents can be shared online/post and Lawyer can file a case for it with those documents.
Me: Normally how long case like this take?
Lawyer: It should take in months (possibly less than 3). It is also possible to request temporary passport until case is over.

Note that, he also told me that parents are also not required to be in India during hearings for cases like this. I don't know how that works.

Bharath12
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:57 pm
United Kingdom

Re: My Son(Minor) Indian passport renew has been denied

Post by Bharath12 » Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:50 pm

Sivaquery wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:37 am
rubyracer2 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 12:49 pm
Sivaquery wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:55 am
Hi Ruburacer2,

Unfortunately no positive updates from me.
High commission of Edinburg have not responded to any of my follow up emails.
I have been asking people if they have travelled to India or are planning on travel for trying the passport renewal - no response on that either.
Legal status of our kids in UK - Don't have much clarity on that too. Are they still Indian? Stateless? undeterminable ?
Still waiting for any positive or good news from people here.

Anyone else has any news.. pls share..
Thanks for the update Siva, the HCI has placed us in an impossible situation. My kids cant travel after their passport expires, which means we cant travel in case of an emergency either.

UK Wont accept naturalisation application, not without significant delays. I guess the worst case scenario is to apply ILR on expired passport but that's a very long process to get British Passport

Quite True. We are completely helpless in case of medical or family emergency regarding elderly parents back home. Only one parent can go back to India to help with anything.

I have been told kids can travel using a Travel document - But again the Home office webpage says Travel document can't be used to travel to Home country (And even if we can somehow use it for India, would they get a Visa to visit India?)

I was told its quite tedious process to extend the kids visa / apply for ILR with expired passport (lots of documentation to provide - we don't we even have a denial email/letter from high commission) and they might be considered as a stateless person. (don't know if this will further extend the route to to get British Passport)

Our hands are tied. I can't think of one effective action we can take to help resolve all our situations.
I am also in the same sutiuation. VFS denied my applicaiton. U now applied British citizenship directly?

Sivaquery
Junior Member
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:24 pm
United Kingdom

Re: My Son(Minor) Indian passport renew has been denied

Post by Sivaquery » Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:36 am

Bharath12 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:50 pm
Sivaquery wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:37 am
rubyracer2 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 12:49 pm
Sivaquery wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:55 am
Hi Ruburacer2,

Unfortunately no positive updates from me.
High commission of Edinburg have not responded to any of my follow up emails.
I have been asking people if they have travelled to India or are planning on travel for trying the passport renewal - no response on that either.
Legal status of our kids in UK - Don't have much clarity on that too. Are they still Indian? Stateless? undeterminable ?
Still waiting for any positive or good news from people here.

Anyone else has any news.. pls share..
Thanks for the update Siva, the HCI has placed us in an impossible situation. My kids cant travel after their passport expires, which means we cant travel in case of an emergency either.

UK Wont accept naturalisation application, not without significant delays. I guess the worst case scenario is to apply ILR on expired passport but that's a very long process to get British Passport

Quite True. We are completely helpless in case of medical or family emergency regarding elderly parents back home. Only one parent can go back to India to help with anything.

I have been told kids can travel using a Travel document - But again the Home office webpage says Travel document can't be used to travel to Home country (And even if we can somehow use it for India, would they get a Visa to visit India?)

I was told its quite tedious process to extend the kids visa / apply for ILR with expired passport (lots of documentation to provide - we don't we even have a denial email/letter from high commission) and they might be considered as a stateless person. (don't know if this will further extend the route to to get British Passport)

Our hands are tied. I can't think of one effective action we can take to help resolve all our situations.
I am also in the same sutiuation. VFS denied my applicaiton. U now applied British citizenship directly?
Hi
I don't know if there is any such route for my kids. Which VFS did you try applying at. Have they / Embassy given you any written email regarding the rejection?

Bharath12
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:57 pm
United Kingdom

Re: My Son(Minor) Indian passport renew has been denied

Post by Bharath12 » Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:57 pm

Sivaquery wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:36 am
Bharath12 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:50 pm
Sivaquery wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:37 am
rubyracer2 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 12:49 pm
Sivaquery wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:55 am
Hi Ruburacer2,

Unfortunately no positive updates from me.
High commission of Edinburg have not responded to any of my follow up emails.
I have been asking people if they have travelled to India or are planning on travel for trying the passport renewal - no response on that either.
Legal status of our kids in UK - Don't have much clarity on that too. Are they still Indian? Stateless? undeterminable ?
Still waiting for any positive or good news from people here.

Anyone else has any news.. pls share..
Thanks for the update Siva, the HCI has placed us in an impossible situation. My kids cant travel after their passport expires, which means we cant travel in case of an emergency either.

UK Wont accept naturalisation application, not without significant delays. I guess the worst case scenario is to apply ILR on expired passport but that's a very long process to get British Passport

Quite True. We are completely helpless in case of medical or family emergency regarding elderly parents back home. Only one parent can go back to India to help with anything.

I have been told kids can travel using a Travel document - But again the Home office webpage says Travel document can't be used to travel to Home country (And even if we can somehow use it for India, would they get a Visa to visit India?)

I was told its quite tedious process to extend the kids visa / apply for ILR with expired passport (lots of documentation to provide - we don't we even have a denial email/letter from high commission) and they might be considered as a stateless person. (don't know if this will further extend the route to to get British Passport)

Our hands are tied. I can't think of one effective action we can take to help resolve all our situations.
I am also in the same sutiuation. VFS denied my applicaiton. U now applied British citizenship directly?
Hi
I don't know if there is any such route for my kids. Which VFS did you try applying at. Have they / Embassy given you any written email regarding the rejection?

Hi,
I tried contact them cal, sms, and email. no reply - Its Birmingham. U?

Sivaquery
Junior Member
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:24 pm
United Kingdom

Re: My Son(Minor) Indian passport renew has been denied

Post by Sivaquery » Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:21 am

Bharath12 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:57 pm
Sivaquery wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:36 am
Bharath12 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:50 pm
Sivaquery wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:37 am
rubyracer2 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 12:49 pm
Sivaquery wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:55 am
Hi Ruburacer2,

Unfortunately no positive updates from me.
High commission of Edinburg have not responded to any of my follow up emails.
I have been asking people if they have travelled to India or are planning on travel for trying the passport renewal - no response on that either.
Legal status of our kids in UK - Don't have much clarity on that too. Are they still Indian? Stateless? undeterminable ?
Still waiting for any positive or good news from people here.

Anyone else has any news.. pls share..
Thanks for the update Siva, the HCI has placed us in an impossible situation. My kids cant travel after their passport expires, which means we cant travel in case of an emergency either.

UK Wont accept naturalisation application, not without significant delays. I guess the worst case scenario is to apply ILR on expired passport but that's a very long process to get British Passport

Quite True. We are completely helpless in case of medical or family emergency regarding elderly parents back home. Only one parent can go back to India to help with anything.

I have been told kids can travel using a Travel document - But again the Home office webpage says Travel document can't be used to travel to Home country (And even if we can somehow use it for India, would they get a Visa to visit India?)

I was told its quite tedious process to extend the kids visa / apply for ILR with expired passport (lots of documentation to provide - we don't we even have a denial email/letter from high commission) and they might be considered as a stateless person. (don't know if this will further extend the route to to get British Passport)

Our hands are tied. I can't think of one effective action we can take to help resolve all our situations.
I am also in the same sutiuation. VFS denied my applicaiton. U now applied British citizenship directly?
Hi
I don't know if there is any such route for my kids. Which VFS did you try applying at. Have they / Embassy given you any written email regarding the rejection?

Hi,
I tried contact them cal, sms, and email. no reply - Its Birmingham. U?
Edinburgh. Same situation. After the initial email in April. No further response. No replies to my emails.

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
Posts: 408
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:36 pm
India

Re: My Son(Minor) Indian passport renew has been denied

Post by rubyracer2 » Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:28 am

Sivaquery wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:21 am
Edinburgh. Same situation. After the initial email in April. No further response. No replies to my emails.
Hi guys, a request. while quoting a message in a reply can you please remove the older messages and only quote the message you are replying to

Otherwise, it's hard to read the thread as the post becomes really long. Thanks

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
Posts: 408
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:36 pm
India

Re: My Son(Minor) Indian passport renew has been denied

Post by rubyracer2 » Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:31 am

Bharath12 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:50 pm
I am also in the same sutiuation. VFS denied my applicaiton. U now applied British citizenship directly?
I doubt they will approve british citizenship . even if they do it might take much longer than a regular application which itself can take 6 months.

Rud
Junior Member
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:10 am
United Kingdom

Re: My Son(Minor) Indian passport renew has been denied

Post by Rud » Tue Jun 18, 2024 10:39 pm

I have submitted a grievance through the designated portal, addressing the Indian Prime Minister and reporting an issue with the Indian Consulate in the UK.

https://www.pmindia.gov.in/en/interact-with-honble-pm/

I can now see that the complaint has been processed and forwarded to the High Commission of India in London. I would those affected to raise similar grievances so that a solution can be found soon. It is best to submit these complaints under the 'Indian External Affairs' category to ensure they reach the appropriate department. I have detailed the entire issue, including the recent Delhi High Court verdict and the different Indian passport renewal procedures followed by Indian consulates in Australia, New Zealand, and other countries. The Indian Consulate in London is not prioritizing children's futures and is refusing to process minor Indian passport applications. Once you have submitted your grievance, keep checking the status using the complaint reference number to see if it has reached the Indian Consulate in London.

https://www.pmindia.gov.in/en/interact-with-honble-pm/

santanuwelcomesu
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:37 pm
United Kingdom

Re: My Son(Minor) Indian passport renew has been denied

Post by santanuwelcomesu » Fri Jun 21, 2024 10:24 am

Thanks for your post . I think all of us should do the same so that officially it reaches the HCI

Post Reply