ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT HELP REQUIRED PLEASE!!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Post Reply
Amie_3690
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2024 9:23 pm
United Kingdom

URGENT HELP REQUIRED PLEASE!!

Post by Amie_3690 » Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:52 pm

Few months back I applied for FLR Fee waiver application to buy some time, which was rejected after 8 months due to sufficient funds available in my account, at that time I had 10 working days to make a new immigration application, but as my partner's Tier 2 visa is still in processing my solicitor advised to go for 2nd fee waiver application, I did and recently my partner got his visa approved, now I want to vary my fee waiver application to partner visa application as solicitor advised, but after going through few websites and speaking to few solicitors, some said fee waiver application can't be varied whereas few said it can be varied, which put me in dilemma. While my 2nd fee waiver is yet to be decided, I got my ECS check done by ER, which came out Negative!! (assuming due to not giving biometrics).Right now I really don't know how to take this forward, can any of the experts let me know what options I have at the moment please? Also can I vary my fee waiver application to partner visa at all? Please help!!

User avatar
Ticktack
Respected Guru
Posts: 2242
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:35 am
United Kingdom

Re: URGENT HELP REQUIRED PLEASE!!

Post by Ticktack » Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:47 am

Amie_3690 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:52 pm
Few months back I applied for FLR Fee waiver application to buy some time, which was rejected after 8 months due to sufficient funds available in my account, at that time I had 10 working days to make a new immigration application, but as my partner's Tier 2 visa is still in processing my solicitor advised to go for 2nd fee waiver application, I did and recently my partner got his visa approved, now I want to vary my fee waiver application to partner visa application as solicitor advised, but after going through few websites and speaking to few solicitors, some said fee waiver application can't be varied whereas few said it can be varied, which put me in dilemma. While my 2nd fee waiver is yet to be decided, I got my ECS check done by ER, which came out Negative!! (assuming due to not giving biometrics).Right now I really don't know how to take this forward, can any of the experts let me know what options I have at the moment please? Also can I vary my fee waiver application to partner visa at all? Please help!!
Fee waiver isn't an immigration application, so it cannot be varied. Fee waiver is a prerequisite to make an application, because fees have to be made for the application.
If you already had sufficient funds, you should have made a dependent application on you partner. Your application would have been decided alongside his.
Unfortunately, you've tied yourself up in a knot now and it could be costly for you.
If your visa has expired, you might have problems working legally and that's only a start to a tsunami.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Amie_3690
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2024 9:23 pm
United Kingdom

Re: URGENT HELP REQUIRED PLEASE!!

Post by Amie_3690 » Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:07 pm

Hi @ticktack,

Thanks for your response. I thought to apply as dependent but my partner's visa wasn't still decided yet, we even paid for priority service to get the decision in 1 week, but after 4 months we heard approval last week. So for that reason solicitor advised me to go for 2nd fee waiver to buy few more months, as my partner's visa was still pending. I was told if I get normal rejection, then I can make a new immigration application for partner visa, but not advised of these situations at all. I have no clue this would lead to ECS negative putting me in worse situation! After going through all the websites in regard to this fee waiver, I'm worried if my 2nd application would be rejected normally or would lead to any further consequences! 😞

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 87354
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: URGENT HELP REQUIRED PLEASE!!

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:16 pm

You should have applied for the dependent visa before your visa expired, even if your partners visa was still pending.

Your application would simply have be put on hold until partner visa decision made, but you have would have had legal stay under section 3c.

When did your last visa expire?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Amie_3690
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2024 9:23 pm
United Kingdom

Re: URGENT HELP REQUIRED PLEASE!!

Post by Amie_3690 » Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:43 pm

Hi @CR001,

Thanks for your response. You're right, I should have applied for partner visa, I'm deeply regretting for not doing that. I only thought my situation or application shouldn't impact my partner's visa processing in any way. Do I have any other options now? I really don't wanna follow solicitor's advise straight away and put myself in more worse situation again!

My Graduate visa expired on around September 2023, I applied for fee waiver before expiry of GR visa, and heard my 1st rejection in April 2024, within 10 days, I made another fee waiver and after that when ER checked again for ECS, it turned negative! It was positive during my 1st fee waiver. Don't know what steps I have to take from here. Please HELP.

User avatar
Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
Posts: 4428
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 12:03 am
European Union

Re: URGENT HELP REQUIRED PLEASE!!

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:27 pm

Since the decision not to grant the first fee waiver you have been in the U.K. without leave. You have gone beyond the 14 days period concession allowed after the expiry of leave so it is highly unlikely you will be granted a dependent visa in country.

I may be advisable to return to your home country and apply from there.

Post Reply