ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RTI requirement Tier 1 Extension

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mysong
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

RTI requirement Tier 1 Extension

Post by mysong » Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:16 pm

Hello everyone, just made my extension application recently and was asked by UKVI for 'Real Time Information (RTI’s) for both employees for at least 12 months' However, I have already submitted the Full Time Submission (FPS) in the initial application.

Q1: What exact document do they want by asking for RTI? (I have been advised by two lawyers that RTI is different from FPS but they cannot provide further advice...Hence very confused.)

Q2: Does the 'Employment Start Date' has to be filled in on the FPS? Mine is left empty. What shall I do if that information is required to be indicated?

Paye software is payroo. Many thanks.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: RTI requirement Tier 1 Extension

Post by marcnath » Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:38 pm

RTI is indeed different from FPS. RTI Is the actual data submitted to the HMRC by the software.
I am not familiar with Payroo to know how to get that information. Check with your accountant or reach out to Payroo to find out how you can get the RTI information. Often, it may be in XML format that is not easy for us to read and understand but somehow HMRC seems to want that as it has all the details of the payments.
Employment start data is no longer a requirement.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

mysong
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mysong » Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:41 pm

marcnath wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:38 pm
RTI is indeed different from FPS. RTI Is the actual data submitted to the HMRC by the software.
I am not familiar with Payroo to know how to get that information. Check with your accountant or reach out to Payroo to find out how you can get the RTI information. Often, it may be in XML format that is not easy for us to read and understand but somehow HMRC seems to want that as it has all the details of the payments.
Employment start data is no longer a requirement.
Thank you very much for your reply. I think the problem for payroo is that it cannot export XML files and they asked 200 GBP for ordering such documetns. Shall I just submit the FPS plus a FPS E-Filed Certificate, or even Employer Payment Summary (EPS) together with them for this RTI requirement? Thanks once again.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Jun 14, 2024 1:25 am

From many years ago: viewtopic.php?t=227205#p1475303
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mysong
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mysong » Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:32 am

zimba wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2024 1:25 am
From many years ago: viewtopic.php?t=227205#p1475303
Hello zimba,

Thank you for your response. Before posting, I did extensive research and reviewed a lot of information on the forum, especially the content you previously shared to help others.

My current situation is that I understand usually an FPS report is sufficient to support my application, and adding an XML raw data file for safety can help. However, I submitted all the FPS reports at the beginning, but UKVI still sent an email asking for RTI.

I have to mention that I find their request quite unprofessional because without researching on forums, I wouldn't have known what specific RTI they are referring to. Now, my software provider charges £200 per month for XML files, and I genuinely do not want to pay this amount. Therefore, I am reaching out to see if there is a better way to respond to UKVI's request for this document.

Thank you.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Jun 14, 2024 1:52 pm

So you invested thousands of pounds in the UK and paid a hefty fee for your application but do not want to pay an extra £200 ? I am not sure that is a wise move. UKVI can ask for more information and if they are after the XML data, you better provide it even at the cost of £200
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice