ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to add wife to universal credit claim

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, CR001, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix

sajnan
Pakistan

How to add wife to universal credit claim

Post by sajnan » Mon Jul 08, 2024 7:06 pm

Hi
I am claiming UC but currently get only single rate over 25 as my wife was on spouse visa. She get her ILR last month how I can add her to my universal credit claim so we will get the couple allowance instead of single. I asked the same question in the journal more than a week ago in my uc account but no one replied as yet. Please advise

Thank you very much in advance

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: How to add wife to universal credit claim

Post by Amber » Mon Jul 08, 2024 9:54 pm

You just report change and add partner, she will go through the habitual residence test again, when she has ILR she will pass and the couple standard allowance should be awarded.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sajnan
Pakistan

Post by sajnan » Tue Jul 09, 2024 12:05 am

Thank you so much

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:09 pm

Remember that your spouse will need to complete a UC claim themselves, generate a joining code and you use that code to add your spouse to your claim.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.