ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel during Stage 2 application - Another endorsement needed?

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, CR001, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix

kokorin
Newly Registered
Poland

Travel during Stage 2 application - Another endorsement needed?

Post by kokorin » Mon Jul 08, 2024 11:23 pm

Hello,

I have already applied for GTV - stage 2 which is still processing,
but I urgently need to travel outside the UK. As most probably my visa application
will be withdrawn, can I "reuse" my initial endorsement for another
visa application while I am back in the UK (considering the 3-month validity period has not expired),
or I need to start my GTV application from the beginning from stage 1?

Also - just to make sure - I still have my skilled worker visa valid until January 2025 so I assume there won't be any problem with entering UK in one week from now, even if current application is withdrawn?

Thank you in advance.

kokorin
Newly Registered
Poland

Re: Travel during Stage 2 application - Another endorsement needed?

Post by kokorin » Tue Jul 09, 2024 2:49 pm

Short update:
Interestingly enough, I called UK Visas and Immigration contact centre and they claim that when visa application is withdrawn during stage 2, I need to apply for a new endorsement as well. But at the same time they could not provide me any legal basis or rule that will support that.

For me that does not have any sense since endorsement is not a visa application per se. I have read some workflow tutorials designed for caseworkers deciding about visa applications and there is no information that application might be rejected based on the endorsement which is still valid.
It is rather clearly stated that if the endorsement was not withdrawn by the endorsing body, it should be accepted. Well, I guess it is an interesting case.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Jul 09, 2024 3:01 pm

kokorin wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2024 2:49 pm
, I called UK Visas and Immigration
This helpline is outsourced, you're not speaking to HO staff - its contractors. There has often been the case when the guidance given was incorrect.

I'd be extremely cautious with their advice if I were you.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 09, 2024 3:23 pm

kokorin wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2024 2:49 pm
Short update:
Interestingly enough, I called UK Visas and Immigration contact centre and they claim that when visa application is withdrawn during stage 2, I need to apply for a new endorsement as well. But at the same time they could not provide me any legal basis or rule that will support that.

For me that does not have any sense since endorsement is not a visa application per se. I have read some workflow tutorials designed for caseworkers deciding about visa applications and there is no information that application might be rejected based on the endorsement which is still valid.
It is rather clearly stated that if the endorsement was not withdrawn by the endorsing body, it should be accepted. Well, I guess it is an interesting case.
I do not think this is correct. You should also be able to return as your current visa remain valid as normal
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

kokorin
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by kokorin » Tue Aug 06, 2024 2:05 pm

Hello,

I would just like to add one final post to finish this thread based on what actually happened.
At the end I left UK after submitting visa application (but before BRP appointment) for 12 days and:
a) I was able to return without any issues (my old visa was still valid though)
b) They did not withdraw my application and I was granted a new visa without any problems.

However, that was only my experience and probably would not advise anyone to travel during visa application being processed.

Best,

Konrad

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Aug 06, 2024 2:16 pm

kokorin wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2024 2:05 pm
Hello,

I would just like to add one final post to finish this thread based on what actually happened.
At the end I left UK after submitting visa application (but before BRP appointment) for 12 days and:
a) I was able to return without any issues (my old visa was still valid though)
b) They did not withdraw my application and I was granted a new visa without any problems.

However, that was only my experience and probably would not advise anyone to travel during visa application being processed. Others to note

Best,

Konrad
Congratulations.