ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from dependent to skilled worker Visa - not finding option to add dependents

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shov83
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Moving on dependent Visa

Post by Shov83 » Tue Jul 09, 2024 11:57 am

I am currently on skilled worker visa valid till Aug'24 (total 3.3 years), can I move to dependent Visa (under skilled worker only) without affecting my duration for 5 year route to apply for ILR. Either I or my spouse can apply for ILR in 2026 once complete 5 years.

Alternatively, I'll be completing 10 years in Jul' 25 with 14 months break when I was away. Please advise.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Moving on dependent Visa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 09, 2024 12:07 pm

You cannot combine main skilled Workervisa and dependent visa time to make up 5 years for ilr.

You need either 5 years as main skilled Worker OR 5 years as dependent for ilr based on 5 years residence.

If you had a 14 month break out of the uk in 10 years, you don't qualify for ilr based on 10 years long residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Shov83
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Shov83 » Tue Jul 30, 2024 2:01 am

Thanks for your reply. As I have already completed 3.3 years under skilled worker Visa and looking for all possible options to continue to be in 5 years ILR route.
If I don't get any option to extend my current Visa and I had to travel back to my home country, Is it possible If I able to return within 180 days on skilled worker, and would be able to resume my clock for 5 years ILR route?

Or any other type of Visa which can be self sponsored to stay legally without major financial commitments?

Another Query I do have, Can someone apply Visa for less then the duration mentioned in the CoS, For example I got the CoS for 3 years and I would like to apply only for 2 years to save the 1 year IHS fee?

Apologies to asking multiple queries, thanks in advance.

Shov83
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Shov83 » Wed Jul 31, 2024 11:27 am

Hello, can I get the response please. TIA

Shov83
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Switching from dependent to skilled worker Visa - not finding option to add dependents

Post by Shov83 » Thu Aug 01, 2024 6:53 pm

Hi,

My wife is on dependent visa, she got sponsorship and switching to skilled worker visa. however not seeing option to add dependents, reached to the option to make IHS payments and I believe after that it will redirect to pay Visa fee to complete the application.

We have answered a question about no of dependents and got the linking code, but not very sure how and when to use it. Would we getting option after completing the applications, as we want to process everyone's applications together to avoid any gaps.

Appreciate quick answer to this query.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Switching from dependent to skilled worker Visa - not finding option to add dependents

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 01, 2024 7:02 pm

Dependents each complete their own separate forms.

It is not one form for all.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Shov83
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Switching from dependent to skilled worker Visa - not finding option to add dependents

Post by Shov83 » Thu Aug 01, 2024 8:29 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2024 7:02 pm
Dependents each complete their own separate forms.

It is not one form for all.
Thanks for your quick response.
Do you mean I have to start fresh application each time and use linking code which I got while filling up main applicant's application (assuming I'll get the option to link application with main applicant)?

Main applicant already started application and reached to almost at the end but didn't get option to add dependents. I am sorry if I am repeating my self, but I have extended my dependents several times and always gets option to add dependents and pay fee in one go. but when switching visa finding in different way.
Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 01, 2024 8:35 pm

Do you mean I have to start fresh application each time and use linking code which I got while filling up main applicant's application (assuming I'll get the option to link application with main applicant)?
Yes.
Main applicant already started application and reached to almost at the end but didn't get option to add dependents. I am sorry if I am repeating my self, but I have extended my dependents several times and always gets option to add dependents and pay fee in one go. but when switching visa finding in different way.
A separate form for each dependent. You are not 'extending a dependent application'. It is a NEW application as you are all switching categories.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Aug 02, 2024 1:04 am

Note @CR001’s initial answer, with regards to the 5-year qualifying period.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Shov83
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Right to work while applied on dependent Visa

Post by Shov83 » Wed Sep 11, 2024 1:46 pm

Hi,

I have applied to switch from Skilled Worker Visa to Dependent Visa, and didn't get option to apply under priority/super priority to get the decision sooner. I am planning to change the job but my Right to work says you must need to work with your current employer, do I need to wait for decision and until I can't take new work.

Can I fill new application under priority using UKVCAS option to get Visa sooner than the standard timeline. Please note I already submitted my application 4 weeks ago but wasn't aware that I can't join new employer until my leave is not granted, could you please advise if any options to tell to new employer.

Thanks,
Shov

Shov83
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Shov83 » Wed Sep 11, 2024 2:13 pm

Hi,

I had to apply using standard option to switch from Skilled Worker Visa to Dependent Visa as didn't option to apply under priority/super priority to get the decision sooner, and still waiting to grant the Visa. Though my spouse got the visa under priority and leave has been granted. As my current sponsorship ended and I need to apply for new role based on dependent but my Right to work says you must need to work with your current employer, do I need to wait for decision and until I can't work with new employer. Do I have any option to prove or get faster decision?

Thanks,
Shov

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 11, 2024 4:52 pm

do I need to wait for decision and until I can't work with new employer.

Yes, you can only work for a new employer once you get your dependent visa.
Do I have any option to prove or get faster decision?
No.

Also, if you have already attended your biometric appointment and you make another application, you won't get a refund of the visa fees already paid.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Shov83
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Shov83 » Wed Sep 11, 2024 7:45 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2024 4:52 pm
do I need to wait for decision and until I can't work with new employer.

Yes, you can only work for a new employer once you get your dependent visa.

Thanks
Do I have any option to prove or get faster decision?
No.

Also, if you have already attended your biometric appointment and you make another application, you won't get a refund of the visa fees already paid.
I have chosen mobile option, hence not expecting biometric. Just wondering if my new employer can't wait and need to provide Right to work as soon as possible, then I am thinking to fill up another application and use UKVCAS option, and hoping will be getting priority/super priority options to get decision sooner. Please suggest.