ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry Date !

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Hova
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse visa question

Post by Hova » Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:42 pm

Hello all ! I recently applied for a spouse visa . The application was approved. Which is great news. But I am unsure when my wife can travel the email says she has 90 days to travel. But then it also says she will have permission to enter from 21/11/24 to 21/8/27. If she entered on the 21 of November that would be 90 days. Can she travel to the UK before that date. She also is still waiting to pickup he passport. So does the 90 days start from then ?Thanks in advance for any replies !

meself2
Ireland

Re: Spouse visa question

Post by meself2 » Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:55 pm

Hova wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:42 pm
She also is still waiting to pickup he passport.
Once she has a passport in hand, she can see the visa vignette. It has start and end dates on the vignette -> she can travel between the dates stated.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Hova
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa question

Post by Hova » Sun Sep 01, 2024 1:46 pm

meself2 wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:55 pm
Hova wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2024 9:42 pm
She also is still waiting to pickup he passport.
Once she has a passport in hand, she can see the visa vignette. It has start and end dates on the vignette -> she can travel between the dates stated.
Thanks!!!!!!!

Hova
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Entry Date !

Post by Hova » Sun Sep 08, 2024 2:56 pm

Hello ! So my wife got her passport back . so we now know the entry date , which is the 21/11/24 . my question is, if i book a flight . That leaves her country on the 20th and arrives in the uk on the 21st . is this lighty to causes issues. she will travel from Uganda to Doha to london. Thanks in advance! :)

meself2
Ireland

Re: Entry Date !

Post by meself2 » Sun Sep 08, 2024 3:09 pm

Hova wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2024 2:56 pm
Hello ! So my wife got her passport back . so we now know the entry date , which is the 21/11/24 . my question is, if i book a flight . That leaves her country on the 20th and arrives in the uk on the 21st . is this lighty to causes issues. she will travel from Uganda to Doha to london. Thanks in advance! :)
Topics merged. Please do not create new topics for each question which fals into the same topic - keep it all in one.

Should be fine re UK immigration rules.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Entry Date !

Post by Ticktack » Mon Sep 09, 2024 10:49 am

Hova wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2024 2:56 pm
Are you sure about this entry date?? Visa is usually valid at date of issue, meaning it should be valid now for entry. I'm assuming 21/08/2024 valid date.

If you want to wait 3 months before entry, that's also fine. But that's the extra 3 months given to put your house in order before travel.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!