ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employer Letter query for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, CR001, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix

knb0709
Newly Registered
Mauritius

Employer Letter query for ILR

Post by knb0709 » Mon Oct 14, 2024 5:49 pm

Hello all,

First of all, I would like to say thank to all the admins and everyone helping people across the country with their immigration concerns. This is of enormous help.

I am nearing the time that I can apply for ILR and I have some questions that I would like clarifications about.

I arrived in the UK in Dec 2019 as a Skilled Worker and based on my vignette, I am eligible to apply using the Set(O) form by end of this month.

My main query is around the employer letter. I have worked remotely on two occasions for a period of 47 days in 2023 and 31 days in 2024 from my home country. This was alongside some annual leaves taken as well during those times. My employer however, has not mentioned about these or any remote work on the employer letter and provided me with a generic one as follows:
[Employer Name] has been employed as [Job Title] by [Company Name] in the UK on a
Skilled Worker Visa since [Job Start Date].

[Employer Name] continues to be employed in the same role. His duties and responsibilities fall
under the SOC Code XXXX of the Codes of Practice. His current annual salary is [Salary]
based on a 40 hour working week. This salary is not expected to reduce once they have ILR,
furthermore the salary meets the minimum salary required under this SOC code.

[Employer Name] wishes to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK on the basis of 5 years in continuous approved employment. We are supportive of his application and confirm that we
have a continuing need to employ him in the UK for the foreseeable future.

[Employer Name] is entitled to 24 days annual leave per year, in addition to bank holidays. All
absences have been taken in line with his annual holiday entitlement and he has not taken any
unpaid leave.

I should be grateful for your positive consideration of this application. If you require any
further information, please contact me.
I do not exceed 180 days in any 12-month period but I have a total of 80 days (remote work + annual leaves) outside the UK in 2023 and around 50 days in 2024 (again remote work + annual leaves). I want to know if those cumulative 80 days away from the UK in 2023 could raise eye brows given that my employer only mentioned about a 24 day annual holiday entitlement.

My company is quite a big one and it might be not be possible to get the employer letter altered. Will the above letter be sufficient in my case?

Note that I have worked with a single employer for the past 5 years.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Employer Letter query for ILR

Post by zimba » Tue Oct 15, 2024 1:09 am

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

knb0709
Newly Registered
Mauritius

Post by knb0709 » Tue Oct 15, 2024 9:07 am

Thank you very much for the reply zimba!

Also as a clarification to anyone looking at the letter above, [Employer Name] should actually be [Employee Name]. I cannot edit the original post.

knb0709
Newly Registered
Mauritius

Post by knb0709 » Sat Oct 26, 2024 7:21 pm

I am going to submit my application soon but wanted to confirm a few things:
  • When declaring absences from the UK, for the question What was the reason for this time spent outside the UK and Crown Dependencies?, should I just mention Tourism or Tourism plus Remote Work or should I be more explicit and give as much details as possible? especially around number of days worked remotely, etc?
  • Do I even need to mention about remote work or the home office does not even care?
  • After submitting my application online, do I need to upload the required documents asap or do I get until the day of the biometric appointment to do so?
  • In the case where I can upload documents until the biometric appointment date, should I ensure that my sponsor letter date is not 28 days old from the biometric appointment date or the online submission date. Same goes for the latest payslip and bank statement as by the time I have my appointment, I will have a newer payslip generated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 26, 2024 7:35 pm

When declaring absences from the UK, for the question What was the reason for this time spent outside the UK and Crown Dependencies?, should I just mention Tourism or Tourism plus Remote Work or should I be more explicit and give as much details as possible? especially around number of days worked remotely, etc?
You simply need to state 'Holiday'. Nothing more, nothing less.
Do I even need to mention about remote work or the home office does not even care?
It is irrelevant unless it was for more than 28 days.
After submitting my application online, do I need to upload the required documents asap or do I get until the day of the biometric appointment to do so?
You should upload your documents up to 48 hours before your biometrics just to make sure everything is there.
In the case where I can upload documents until the biometric appointment date, should I ensure that my sponsor letter date is not 28 days old from the biometric appointment date or the online submission date. Same goes for the latest payslip and bank statement as by the time I have my appointment, I will have a newer payslip generated.
The date of application is the date you SUBMIT and PAY online for the ILR application. Your supporting documents must be dated ON or BEFORE the application date. Your biometric appointment (wit a third party agency) is irrelevant!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

knb0709
Newly Registered
Mauritius

Post by knb0709 » Sat Oct 26, 2024 7:58 pm

Amazing CR001! That was super helpful and very swift from you.

As mentioned in my original post, I have two leaves of 47 and 31 days respectively which are both a combination of annual leaves and remote work. What would you suggest me to mention as part of the reason for time spent outside the UK for these two occurrences? Holiday plus remote work? Or I just keep it as Holiday?