ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Certificate Of Application???

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

GeoUK

Post by GeoUK » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:25 pm

Hi guys,
My wife have received today (after 1 week of application been made) a letter saying:

"CERTIFICATE OF APPLICATION
Thank you for your application of 11 June 2009 for a Residence Card.
We advise you no to make any non-urgent travel plans until we have decided your application and returned your passport."

This letter does not say that she is allowed to work.
Will she receive another letter stating that?

GeoUK

Please help on this

Post by GeoUK » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:19 pm

Hi guys, please help me on this one..

thanks

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:39 pm

You have to notify them that your wife's right to work exist from you exercising your treaty and not when her resident card is confirmed.

Notify them that her right to employment was not specified in the certificate of application and hence it would be difficult for her to obtain employment.

Write to the EEA section of the Home Office and inform them that this is against the spirit of the directive. Remind them that Directive 2004/38EC state that your wife's right to employment exist from you exercising your treaty rights and the family relationship, and noting else and that you will appreciate if that is stated in writing, in order to prevent any misunderstanding that might arise with prospective employers. Bring to their attention that you will consider this as an oversight which you will expect to be resolved speedily. Also tell them that in the unfortunate and unlikely event of this matter not being resolved, you will consider suing for damages as provided for in the directive.

GeoUK

Post by GeoUK » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:54 pm

Obie wrote:You have to notify them that your wife's right to work exist from you exercising your treaty and not when her resident card is confirmed.

Notify them that her right to employment was not specified in the certificate of application and hence it would be difficult for her to obtain employment.

Write to the EEA section of the Home Office and inform them that this is against the spirit of the directive. Remind them that Directive 2004/38EC state that your wife's right to employment exist from you exercising your treaty rights and the family relationship, and noting else and that you will appreciate if that is stated in writing, in order to prevent any misunderstanding that might arise with prospective employers. Bring to their attention that you will consider this as an oversight which you will expect to be resolved speedily. Also tell them that in the unfortunate and unlikely event of this matter not being resolved, you will consider suing for damages as provided for in the directive.
Thanks for your response.
Do you think I have to write a letter or send them an email?
Would you know their email address?

Thanks

Geo

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:12 pm

NWCSU stands for North West Customer Service Unit, it is the area that deals with complain in this area. Their email address is NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk Make sure you quote your full name (as it appears in passport), date of birth, nationality, special/recorded delivery reference number for your sent application and HO reference number (if you have one).
You can also contact the SOLVIT branch of your EU nationality. Keep on complaining for as long as you have to (ie. until you get your proper certificate of application).

I will advise that you right to them as well if possible and quote the recorded delivery reference on the Email.

OmarA

Post by OmarA » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:39 pm

GeoUK,

On the Certificate of Application it should say that your wife can work.

Is the COA 2 pages? I think its a standard letter.

My wife is waiting since last year Sep-2008

We sent all paperwork 16th Sep, 23rd received COA and been waiting since then! Welcome to a 3rd world country! or even worse!

GeoUK

Post by GeoUK » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:44 pm

OmarA wrote:GeoUK,

On the Certificate of Application it should say that your wife can work.

Is the COA 2 pages? I think its a standard letter.

My wife is waiting since last year Sep-2008

We sent all paperwork 16th Sep, 23rd received COA and been waiting since then! Welcome to a 3rd world country! or even worse!
Hi OmarA

thanks for your post.
We received this letter saying Certificate of Application, but it doesn't say anything that it should. It only says that they have my documents and wait.
I'm thinking it might be only the first letter and we'll get the proper COA later. what do you reckon?

Thanks

Geo

OmarA

Post by OmarA » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:02 pm

GeoUK wrote: Hi OmarA
thanks for your post.
We received this letter saying Certificate of Application, but it doesn't say anything that it should. It only says that they have my documents and wait.
I'm thinking it might be only the first letter and we'll get the proper COA later. what do you reckon?
Thanks
Geo
GeoUK,

Find attached Certificate Of Application which we received last year.
This is only page1, if you want, I can upload page2 as well.

Its here : http://img196.imageshack.us/i/coap1.jpg/

GeoUK

Post by GeoUK » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:11 pm

OmarA wrote:
GeoUK wrote: Hi OmarA
thanks for your post.
Thanks
Geo
GeoUK,

Find attached Certificate Of Application which we received last year.
This is only page1, if you want, I can upload page2 as well.

Its here : http://img196.imageshack.us/i/coap1.jpg/

Thats great OmarA, thanks.
The first bit of your letter says the same thing as mine.
I will wait for couple more weeks, if I don't receive the "proper" letter I will write to them.

thanks

OmarA

Post by OmarA » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:15 pm

Well,

That is then the CoA!

mourad

COA

Post by mourad » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:15 pm

hi there.
talking to people and from own experience the UKBA send two types of them the one we all saw on the thread and the other one like mine that clearly states that the bearer own the right to live and work in the united kingdom .
i don`t know whats going to happen if you e-mail them or send them a letter but even if the COA says clearly that you got the right to live and work, going to a job agency or try to convince any employers that it is enough to give you a job is another moutain to climbe and good look with it.
i don`t mean to lower your expectations but you have to know that this document is just a meer confirmation that your application has been received and you wont be bothered about your immigration status ,it doesn`t give any head start in the job hunt that`s my experience with the COA anyway .
good luck

GeoUK

Recent COA

Post by GeoUK » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:21 pm

Has anyone received the CoA recently? what does it say?

GeoUK

GeoUK

Post by GeoUK » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:28 pm

Anyone

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:21 pm

Contact your MP and seperately contact Solvit. They will be able to assist you in getting proof of right to work.

GeoUK

Post by GeoUK » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:51 pm

Hi Guys.
Has anyone received COA recently? what does it say?

GeoUK

Post by GeoUK » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:04 pm

Anyone?

OmarA

Post by OmarA » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:28 pm

GeoUK wrote:Anyone?
Here is a copy of page 2,
This CoA we recieved last year Sep 2008
My wife got her National Insurance Number 2 days ago.

nestik
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by nestik » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:59 pm

OmarA wrote:
GeoUK wrote:Anyone?
Here is a copy of page 2,
This CoA we recieved last year Sep 2008
My wife got her National Insurance Number 2 days ago.

Hello OmarA,

Could you sent me on my e-mail copy of your COA? Because I can't open your picture.
Thanks.