ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (General) Dependent Visa for my wife

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SUMEETJ

Tier 1 (General) Dependent Visa for my wife

Post by SUMEETJ » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:50 am

Hello,

I am presently on a Tier 1 (General) migrant visa here in UK.

I will get married in December (India) and will apply for a Tier 1 dependent visa for my wife straight away from India.

I had a few clarifications, if you can help me with please:

(1) Can we fill up the online application for my would be wife right now in November, so that we can secure an appointment date in December very soon after our marriage, or can i only submit the application after marriage. (We will be getting the marriage certificate the very next day of our marriage)

(2) As a part of the application, can I self attest the copy of my passport & my biometric card, or do I need to get it attested by a gazetted officer.

(3) For my passport, do I need to submit any other pages besides the 1st and the last pages?

(4) In UK, presently I am staying at my sister's residence. I'd be renting a place later. In this case, as a proof of my UK accomodation, what documents can I submit -> original bank statements are any ways going to appended, I will also provide a couple of original correspondences from Home office at my current address, besides that anything else, that i need to provide?

(5) Besides the original marriage certificate, wedding card, wedding photos (December) , engagement photos (April) & a cover letter detailing the communication between April & December, do I need to provide any other document to substantiate subsisting relationship.

(6) To support my current employment in UK, I am submitting -> original offer letter, reference letter, original most recent 6 months payslips, original bank statements confirming the monthly credits. Hope this is sufficient.

(7) To support funds, i am submitting a letter from HSBC confirming that the minimum balance in my account is > 2700 GBP (minimum required is 1500, as I have been in UK for > 12 months) + I am submitting original monthly statements June 2012 - Nov 2012. The letter from the bank will be dated within 1 month of the application. Hope this is sufficient.

(8) Anything specific to marriage certificate that i need to be extra careful of?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
SJ

SUMEETJ

Post by SUMEETJ » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:47 pm

Appreciate if someone can help me with answers to my queries please.

santhoap

Post by santhoap » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:57 pm

It sounds you got all your documents perfect. You can concentrate on wedding prepaprations. Good luck ;)

SUMEETJ

Post by SUMEETJ » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:11 pm

Thanks Santosh.

But can you advise on whether we can fill up the online application for my would be wife right now, so that we can secure an appointment date in December very soon after our marriage, or can we only submit the application after marriage.

Also, generally are appointments available within the next few days of submitting the application -> in which case, we can submit it after marriage.

t1s2010
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by t1s2010 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:40 pm

You should focus on fun side.. not the visa mate.

So, abt appointment -
1) You can fill application right away. No problem. Fill it keeping in 'post marriage' details.
2) Your should be perfectly fine.
3) With BRP, give copy of initial visa too.
4) Residency is not a condition for dependent visa
5) Docs should be enough. I will give a CD putting all. It give 'authenticity ;)'
6) Yes
7) Yes.

## Appointments open up 42 days in advance (Yes, India too is 42 days).
So, I would suggest you to book an appointment keeping this in mind.

*MY VIEW - Around Christmas, UK commission might be little slow in issuing visa. Better, book early and apply early.

P.S. - No mehndi on finger tips for biometric. ;)

prisat
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 1 (General) Dependent Visa for my wife

Post by prisat » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:47 am

SUMEETJ wrote:Hello,

I am presently on a Tier 1 (General) migrant visa here in UK.

I will get married in December (India) and will apply for a Tier 1 dependent visa for my wife straight away from India.

I had a few clarifications, if you can help me with please:

(1) Can we fill up the online application for my would be wife right now in November, so that we can secure an appointment date in December very soon after our marriage, or can i only submit the application after marriage. (We will be getting the marriage certificate the very next day of our marriage)
yes - as long as you can secure an appointment after your marriage provided you have marriage certificate before the appointment date. Else you may fill the application and save it for later use.
However, Your incomplete application will only be kept for 7 days. If you do not retrieve and complete the application within 7 days it will be deleted and you will need to make a new application. Alternatively you may choose to fill and submit the application a week before your marriage.

(2) As a part of the application, can I self attest the copy of my passport & my biometric card, or do I need to get it attested by a gazetted officer.
Copies of your passport - first / last pages of passport and BRP (Or Visa page from your passport) is just enough. But you may choose to self attest it which is only optional.
(3) For my passport, do I need to submit any other pages besides the 1st and the last pages?
No
(4) In UK, presently I am staying at my sister's residence. I'd be renting a place later. In this case, as a proof of my UK accomodation, what documents can I submit -> original bank statements are any ways going to appended, I will also provide a couple of original correspondences from Home office at my current address, besides that anything else, that i need to provide?
You dont need to submit a proof of accommodation during your dependent visa processing process.
(5) Besides the original marriage certificate, wedding card, wedding photos (December) , engagement photos (April) & a cover letter detailing the communication between April & December, do I need to provide any other document to substantiate subsisting relationship.
These are actually more than enough.
(6) To support my current employment in UK, I am submitting -> original offer letter, reference letter, original most recent 6 months payslips, original bank statements confirming the monthly credits. Hope this is sufficient.
Not required unless you are also extending your visa along with your dependent.
(7) To support funds, i am submitting a letter from HSBC confirming that the minimum balance in my account is > 2700 GBP (minimum required is 1500, as I have been in UK for > 12 months) + I am submitting original monthly statements June 2012 - Nov 2012. The letter from the bank will be dated within 1 month of the application. Hope this is sufficient.
I think all you need is 600 and not 1500. 600 GBP just for the dependent if you have been in the UK for more than 12 months.
(8) Anything specific to marriage certificate that i need to be extra careful of?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
SJ
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.

SUMEETJ

Post by SUMEETJ » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:54 pm

Thankyou everyone for your replies. It is much appreciated.

1) Typically what is the time it takes to get the marriage certificate from the time one applies for -> accordingly i will apply for an appointment for her.

2) Does VFS / UKBA accept credit card payments - or cash / DD the only way to pay?

SUMEETJ

Post by SUMEETJ » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:13 pm

Hello,

I have got the answer to Q1.

Can, someone answer Q2 please. Can you please send me the link of the various payment modes supported by VFS & what is the most recent fees for PBS Tier 1 dependent application.

Appreciate your help

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:04 pm

If you are unable to find the information on UKBA website then Contact VFS and enquire.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

pegakrishna

Post by pegakrishna » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:47 pm

I have got the answer to Q1.

Can, someone answer Q2 please. Can you please send me the link of the various payment modes supported by VFS & what is the most recent fees for PBS Tier 1 dependent application.

Appreciate your help
Cash is the best payment method and my wife recently applied in chennai and whole process took 20 minutes.

Visa Fees --> http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... %20English

Select "Work" option. Hope this helps

SUMEETJ

Post by SUMEETJ » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:26 pm

Hello,

I was filling up the online form for my wife's visa.

I have certain doubts regarding the section "Employment and Finances" under Section.

I assume this relates to the details for my wife. I have filled up the below details. Does this sound OK, or do I need to provide details of her savings / investments here?

86 Are you unemployed‚ employed‚ or self-employed?
Unemployed
87 Do you receive income from any other sources‚ including friends or family? No
88 Do you have savings‚ properties or other income‚ for example‚ from stocks and shares? No
89 How much of your monthly income is used to support your family members? 0
90 How much do you spend each month on living costs? Rs 10000

Please let us know if this sounds OK.

t1s2010
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by t1s2010 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:54 pm

Hey Sumeet,

No offences. Asking for help is one thing, and being lazy is another.
This particular question is answered and a simple 'google' with 'those words' would have helped on forum.

Try it mate.

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:57 am

I was filling up the online form for my wife's visa.

I have certain doubts regarding the section "Employment and Finances" under Section.

I assume this relates to the details for my wife. I have filled up the below details. Does this sound OK, or do I need to provide details of her savings / investments here?

86 Are you unemployed‚ employed‚ or self-employed?
Unemployed
87 Do you receive income from any other sources‚ including friends or family? No
88 Do you have savings‚ properties or other income‚ for example‚ from stocks and shares? No
89 How much of your monthly income is used to support your family members? 0
90 How much do you spend each month on living costs? Rs 10000

Please let us know if this sounds OK.
10000 ???? Try to give a simple reasonable figure - may be 3000 or 4000.
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.

SUMEETJ

Post by SUMEETJ » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:21 pm

Hi,,

I applied for the Tier 1 Dependent Visa for my wife on Dec 14th in New Delhi. We still haven't heard from the British High Commission?

Any suggestions as to when can I expect to hear from them?

I am travelling on Dec 9th back to UK and was expecting to have received her Visa by now.

Appreciate some suggestion?