ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AN1 Form guidance

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

keepsim

AN1 Form guidance

Post by keepsim » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:19 pm

I need guidance on AN1 form.

1.22 says AND EITHER now last year when I got my ILR I’d already passed life in the UK so I’ve checked that But what does it means by AND EITHER ? Do I still need to select something in part 2 my common sense says its MUST meaning 1 AND any of 2a/2b/2c . I’d submitted my India qualification (Degree) 6 yrs ago at the time of HSMP so I don’t understand the point of these now and which one should I select.

Does UKBA expects people to give IELTS kind of exam Again ?

1. have passed the Life in the UK test; AND EITHER
2. a. have a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, or
an equivalent level qualification; OR
b. have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the
recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United
Kingdom and (i) UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or
researched in English or (ii) the qualification was taught or researched in the
UK or a majority English speaking country other than Canada; OR
c. are a national of a majority English speaking country.

jotter
Member of Standing

Post by jotter » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:36 pm

Yes, your common sense is correct. You are covered for 1, but you need to have something for 2. Point 2 is the new KOLL requirement that came in on October 28th, so it wasn't around at the time you got your ILR.

keepsim

Post by keepsim » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:49 pm

jotter wrote:Yes, your common sense is correct. You are covered for 1, but you need to have something for 2. Point 2 is the new KOLL requirement that came in on October 28th, so it wasn't around at the time you got your ILR.
Wow i guess immigrants should read ukba as news website until they become citizen because these people change rules everyday :) ridiculous of home office.

Now coming down to fulfilling this non sense requirement , again need input from forum people.

-I'd given IELTS general exam for some different purpose back in 2009 , can I use that ? The ukba new English requirement pdf says IELTS validity upto 2 years really for GOD sake they think people might Forget English in 2 years of clearing exam.

-in HSMP application I provided my degree document cant those be used to fulfill this requirement ?

I want to save time and money like everyone in this world.

Thanks in adv

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:06 pm

Another one with same query. :cry:

jotter
Member of Standing

Post by jotter » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:29 pm

Moderators, I think it would be good to have a Sticky about the English requirement at the moment. There are so many posters with questions around this.

@keepsim this post may be helpful for guidance re: IELTS

keepsim

Post by keepsim » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:18 pm

jotter wrote:Moderators, I think it would be good to have a Sticky about the English requirement at the moment. There are so many posters with questions around this.

@keepsim this post may be helpful for guidance re: IELTS
Thank you jotter , really help so I dont have to give IELTS again.

God these UKBA / HomeOffice people need to give IELTS exam themselves first to test what level they are on so that they can make an "easy to understand guideline document" in the first place.