ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension Approval - Can we post here please!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

atbugs1
Newly Registered

FRL Time (URGENT)

Post by atbugs1 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:55 pm

Hi,

I am about to send my FRL under HSMP, with all relevant documents as discussed in previous post, I just want to know how long HO taking for processing FLR, and especially Pakistani applicant, as i know one person from Pak hasn’t got his passport back yet and he applied in July, where as my co-worker got his FRL in 1 week and he is from india.

My HSMP approved Dec and i came to UK in Jan and job started in Feb, and ever since working.

My concern is that my Wife is going out of UK in Dec for and will be back in Jan. Her flights are book as it is difficult to get flights in holiday session.

Our HSMP visa is expiring end of Dec.

How should i approach HO about my application, so that they can process it before Dec. I know there is a Urgent request form, Question is should i send this form along with my applicant or should i sent it after sending my main application.

I would really appreciate any help

Regards

BUGs

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:30 pm

bugs,

Its normally returned within a week or in the worst case in two. I dont think the delay in the case of your friend has anything to do with his nationality. It probably has more to do with his applications and the details he has sent in. It would be advisable for him to approach the FLR team with the reference number and ask for an explanation.

Regarding the travel plans for your spouse, you should not have to worry. Even after submititng your application and waiting a week, if you havent heard from them quickly enough, you can send in the Urgent Treatment form you mentioned, and they will do their very best to return your passport at the very earliest. Just fill in the form and fax it. Call them up and get a confirmation that the urgent treatment form has been recieved and accepted.

raj

Got the extension

Post by raj » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:15 am

Hi Guys!

got it!

Application Received by H.O. 18th OCT

Docs sent:

FLR/Passport/2photo/ £335 Postal order
National Insurance Card
9 months pay slip and bank statements
P60

got the documents back with 3 years extension in 4 working days! gr8 service!

cheers ! and best of luck to aspirants!

regds
Raj
no matter how thin u slice the cheese, it still has two sides....let's now try to view my from side....
------------------------RAJ------------------------------

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:52 am

raj,

Congratualtions :D

So lucky I sent it on Oct 11 and i received the reference no letter but have'nt received my approval yet.
:roll:

aleyandra
Newly Registered

Post by aleyandra » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:19 am

Hi guys,

My visa was expiring on 24 Dec.
Application posted - 17 Oct. Enclosed bank statements for 9 months, payslips for the same period of time, P60, mortgage documents, police registration certificate.
Received by HO - 18 Oct
Urgent Treatment request faxed - 21 Oct
Phoned them this morning and they confirmed that the approval was granted on 21 Oct. The documents are now waiting to be dispatched.

The weird thing is that I did not receive a letter confirming that they received my documents at all.

Good luck to everybody who is still waiting!

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:26 am

aleyandra wrote:Hi guys,

My visa was expiring on 24 Dec.
Received by HO - 18 Oct
Urgent Treatment request faxed - 21 Oct
Phoned them this morning and they confirmed that the approval was granted on 21 Oct. The documents are now waiting to be dispatched.
This is really strange - how can they approve extension more than 2 months before the VISA expires? :roll:
Where there is a will there is a way.

aleyandra
Newly Registered

Post by aleyandra » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:09 pm

This is really strange - how can they approve extension more than 2 months before the VISA expires? :roll:[/quote]

If you look through some of the posts above you will see that this is not the first time they approve it earlier than two months before the visa expiry date. Anyway, I was supposed to be going abroad on business middle of Nov, returning middle of December. I did explain this in the cover letter, asking them to approve the application before I go away.

After I posted the application the dates of the trip got changed, now I am leaving next week, hence the urgent treatment request.

At the end of the day all the case workers are human, I have spoken to a very nice girl there, who was very understanding. Do ring them and talk to them if you require any "special treatment" and from my experience nine out of ten times they will actually help.

Developer

Post by Developer » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:06 am

Hello,

Any ideas, how much time it takes to get HSMP extension?

I have applied on tuesday i.e. 25th Oct.

What is your suggestion? How long I should wait before panic :) :)

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:10 am

Got my passports and documents on Friday 28'th Oct.

Extended for 3 years. It took 17 days for me. :)

noddy214

Sample cover letter for FLR application

Post by noddy214 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:30 am

Hi All,

I applied for FLR on Ocotober 7 and got it in a week's time. Here is my cover letter format in case if any of you find it useful.

Work Permits UK – FLR(IED)
Home Office
Walsall Road
Cannock
WS11 0JA

Subject: Application for FLR(IED)

Dear Caseworker,

This has reference to my HSPM Application No. ------------- which got approved on (Date of HSMP Approval Letter). Thereafter I applied for my Entry Clearance at British Deputy High Commission – (City Applicable) and was granted an HSMP work permit valid for 12 months, starting (HSMP Visa start date).

To give you a brief summary, I landed in (City in UK) on (date of arrival). After appearing for a few interviews, I managed to secure a permanent job with (Company Name) as a (Your Title) with an annual salary of --------------- per annum.

ADD BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE COMPANY AND WHAT IT DOES - 2/3 lines

I wish to submit my application for Further Leave to Remain as applicable under Highly Skilled Migrant Program. Enclosed please find my application in the following order:

 FLR(IED) Application form
 Passport
 2 Passport size photographs
 Appointment Letter from Employer
 Employment Contract
 Payslips for the period -------------- 2005 – -------------- 2005
 Bank Statements: Salary Account & Savings Account
 Pre-paid Next Day Delivery Envelope

With this I request you to consider my application at the earliest possible. In case of any clarifications, kindly contact me on the above mentioned contact details.

Sincerely,

Developer

Post by Developer » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:13 pm

Hello,

Got my PP back with 3 yrs extension.. this is quite surprising.

I have spent 2 yrs in UK (one yr in WP and one yr HSMP) I was expecting it to be 2 yrs extension (hence fulfill the time for ILR).

I would be completing 4 yrs in UK on 19th Nov 2007. Would I be allowed to apply for ILR or need to complete 4 yrs in HSMP?

Please help.

Rjohn
Newly Registered

Post by Rjohn » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:28 pm

Just thought I would post my extension details here.
This Board has been fantastic in preparing my application for extension.
Thanks to all esp the moderators who contribute

Application sent on 25 October by special delivery
Stamped passport and all document recieved today ie 2 November

i.e the whole process took just 3 working days .
If thats not efficiency, then I dont know what is.

Just a couple of things which I feel speeded everything up and made it easier for them to process the application.

payment by postal order,not credit card-fastest and most preferred mode of payment.
short covering letter listing all the documents in order
include your original hsmp approval letter.
insert all the documents in order in a clear file , ie the files with transparent plastic pockets.

All the best to those who are applying in future.

KV

Got Job late....what documents to send

Post by KV » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:48 pm

Hi Friends,

I got my HSMP visa stamped in Jan '05 from Mumbai, but have arrived in the UK by mid of March. It also took me a while to get a job (which i got in May '05). Now my extension is due but, I have only 5 months of pay slips and 4-5 months of bank statements because of the above mentioned reasons.

Will that be ok?

Also, one of the questions in the FLR form asks about the net income...is it the net income of me alone or me along with my spouse?

Would appreciate your views on this.

Regards,

KV

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:56 pm

I got my HSMP visa stamped in Jan '05 from Mumbai, but have arrived in the UK by mid of March. It also took me a while to get a job (which i got in May '05). Now my extension is due but, I have only 5 months of pay slips and 4-5 months of bank statements because of the above mentioned reasons.

Will that be ok?
You should be alright. You are working and are economically active. That should not be a problem at all.
Also, one of the questions in the FLR form asks about the net income...is it the net income of me alone or me along with my spouse?

Would appreciate your views on this.
I would say it should be only your net income as you are the applicant and not your spouse. However, in your covering letter there is no harm in stating that your spouse is also working and earning a tidy sum.

atbugs1
Newly Registered

Havent got my passport

Post by atbugs1 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:21 pm

I applied on 26th of oct
I got letter on 2 nov (which dated 27 Oct) that my case has been assigned to caseworker.

and i am still waiting for my passport.

I sent my application with
Filled form
Passport (me and my wife) + Photos
Cover letter with list of doc and my upto date status and activity since i arrived.
Marriage certificate + my wife’s interview invitations etc.

I sent all this in organized way as many of you posted here

i am begining to get worried now as most of the people here said they got in total 1 week time.

should i call Home office to inquire?

Smit
Member of Standing

Post by Smit » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:29 am

atbugs,

Any word on your extension? No harm in calling WP(UK) up if you are worried.

atbugs1
Newly Registered

No letter

Post by atbugs1 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:00 pm

No i havent got anything.

i called HO and they told me that my application is registered but he didnt tell me what is the status. when i told me him i am flying next month he told me to send Urgent request form,

I had downloaded the Uregnt form couple of week ago and after filling the form (along with my wife flight booking information), when i tried to fax it, apparently Fax number is quite busy i tried for almost 2 hrs. and it is constantly getting busy.. or no answer.

Is this Fax number correct 01122593357. (mentioned on Request for Urgent Treatment form).

Is there anyother mean to send the Urgent treatment form?

thanks

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:26 pm

Page 21 of FLR application states the LTR teams divided based on the surnames of the applicants. Call them again and check up with them if you can directly fax them at those numbers. It should be alright since they are direct enquiry lines with the case workers assigned to your case.

atbugs1
Newly Registered

Urgent treatment

Post by atbugs1 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:44 pm

Hi,

I faxed LTR Team 1(as per my surname) urgent treatment form on 9th Nov now it is almost a week . i havent heard anything from them.

After looking at past post here my understanding is after submiting urgent treatment form it takes 2-3 days to reach the decision.

Would it be ok to call them again to check if it ok...?

Smit
Member of Standing

Post by Smit » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:52 pm

atbugs1

You should call them as they are taking an inordinate amount of time with your application vis a vis others who have posted on this forum.

Did the acknowledgement letter contain the caseworker's name? If yes, you should call him/her and find out the reason for the hold up. If I may ask, are you working, did you submit payslips, bank statements, employment contract etc?

S

MWazir
Diamond Member

Re: Urgent treatment

Post by MWazir » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:37 pm

atbugs1 wrote:Hi,

I faxed LTR Team 1(as per my surname) urgent treatment form on 9th Nov now it is almost a week . i havent heard anything from them.

After looking at past post here my understanding is after submiting urgent treatment form it takes 2-3 days to reach the decision.

Would it be ok to call them again to check if it ok...?
You should call them up and check if the Urgent Treatment request has been accepted. Infact you could have called them up immediatly after faxing to get a confirmation from them.

atbugs1
Newly Registered

arrived

Post by atbugs1 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:02 am

Hi

Finally my possport arrived.. today morning.

I applied on 26th of oct
I got letter on 2 nov (which dated 27 Oct) assigned to caseworker.

Sent Urgent Treatment on 10 Oct.

Received passports ( i havent seen my passport but my wife told me on the phone visa is till Dec 2008 3 years LTR)

I sent my application with
Filled form
Passport (me and my wife) + Photos
Cover letter with list of doc and my upto date status and activity since i arrived.
Marriage certificate + my wife’s interview invitations etc.

Thanks for every one replying my post.

atbugs

technician

Extension HSMP

Post by technician » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:35 pm

Hi,

Please tell me following:

1) For extention do we need to send the photocopies or the original of the documents like HSMP approval letter, NI card, Bank Statements,etc.....Please clarify. ......Of course the passsport has to be original....

2) the extention application form contains 21 pages, do I need to enclose the pages which contain the guidance/instructions or should I seperate them out and send only the filled in pages.

TEch
Team work- Nurturing Talents

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:31 pm

1) For extention do we need to send the photocopies or the original of the documents like HSMP approval letter, NI card, Bank Statements,etc.....Please clarify. ......Of course the passsport has to be original....
Please send in your originals only.
2) the extention application form contains 21 pages, do I need to enclose the pages which contain the guidance/instructions or should I seperate them out and send only the filled in pages.
You can leave out the pages which contain instructions.

technician

Post by technician » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:07 am

Hello Mwazir,

thanks very much for the reply. :D

I will shortly fill the FLR(IED) form and write in detail the attachments before posting it to the home office.

Every one should benefit from each others experience. :D

TECH
London
Team work- Nurturing Talents