ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application submition date and biometric date

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Application submition date and biometric date

Post by zimba » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:25 pm

1. You can start work for your employer the moment your visa is approved and on/after the starting date on your CoS. BRP is not important
2. Gaps in your employment do not affect ILR, only gaps in your visa are relevant
3. P45, P60, etc are not relevant or required for ILR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mapleuk1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mapleuk1 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:14 pm

Thankyou & Very much appreciate your response Zimba ! You are a Star :D

mapleuk1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mapleuk1 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:32 pm

Hi Zimba,

One common but yet practical question to ask.... when on skilled worker visa employee will be on Probation Period, What if the employee does not like the employment or culture and gives notice to the current employer ?

Then he switches to another employer with new visa, especially having 2 visas filed within 30-60 days. Does it impact for ILR checks or is considered ok ?

Thanks and Appreciate your time.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:42 pm

mapleuk1 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:32 pm
Hi Zimba,

One common but yet practical question to ask.... when on skilled worker visa employee will be on Probation Period, What if the employee does not like the employment or culture and gives notice to the current employer ?

Then he switches to another employer with new visa, especially having 2 visas filed within 30-60 days. Does it impact for ILR checks or is considered ok ?

Thanks and Appreciate your time.
Not an issue.

You are overthinking completely.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mapleuk1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mapleuk1 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:13 pm

Thankyou for your response! :D

mapleuk1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mapleuk1 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:26 pm

Hi Zimba,

Need your help here.

We did discussed earlier "2. Gaps in your employment do not affect ILR, only gaps in your visa are relevant".

I wonder why my solicitor is asking me to delay my ILR application for 110 days as I now have 110 days of unemployment on my record. No VISA gaps No curtailment letter.

Does it make any sense on delaying ILR for 3 months, If that is the case i will have to renew visa for my wife and kid. Appreciate your response.

Regards,
Prashanth

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:32 pm

mapleuk1 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:26 pm
Hi Zimba,

Need your help here.

We did discussed earlier "2. Gaps in your employment do not affect ILR, only gaps in your visa are relevant".

I wonder why my solicitor is asking me to delay my ILR application for 110 days as I now have 110 days of unemployment on my record. No VISA gaps No curtailment letter. No need to wonder, ask your solicitor why, for what purpose is the delay?

Does it make any sense on delaying ILR for 3 months, there is no need for it, ask your solicitor the questions, If that is the case i will have to renew visa for my wife and kid. Appreciate your response.

Regards,
Prashanth
You have got the appropriate response form the forum.