ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET(DV) APPLICATION - Processing Times

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mowaid

Re: ILR SET(DV) APPLICATION - Processing Times

Post by mowaid » Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:31 am

Hi do anyone know if you need divorce before you can apply ILR? Or I can do without it ? I recently moved out from my house and have not taken divorce? Also I have 18 years old son can I include him into my application

Nazo
England

Post by Nazo » Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:23 am

Divorce is not necessary for DV ILR application.

mowaid

Post by mowaid » Sun Jun 30, 2024 7:04 pm

Thank you for your reply I need little bit more information if you can answer. I am at the moment in a friend house and I have 18 years old son and 14 years old daughter. my son is on dependent visa and my daughter having UK passport.

Can I include my son in to my application ? as he is over 18 years?

as far as my case is concern I am victim of domestic violence since 2011. When 1st time I call the police and they took my husband and left him over night but he was not charged and released without any action

Then in 2015 I called the police again this time he was held by police but left with out charge again and there was no action against him.

Then in 2022 we had an argument and during that he through a phone which hit me on my leg and I called the police and they took him I press the investigation but this time he was not allowed to come close to my home and he went to his home land but this time again he was release without any action NFA. Social service get involved but during there investigation I travelled back to my home country.

after that we start living together one more time for 2 years he came back to UK in 2023 and after 2 month he bring me here as well every thing was ok but after 1 year I do not want to live with him i left his house and moved to a friend house... Do I have good chance to apply for ILR on DV ?

I am worried about as its been 3 years since last incident and Home office will say why now ? also can my Son get ILR as well?

I have only police report numbers but do not have any medical reports or any thing? I have some police reports from my home land and some court cases but 4 to 5 years or maybe older than that.

Do you think I can apply the ILR on these details ? or these are weak proofs ?

Thanks

mowaid

Post by mowaid » Fri Jul 05, 2024 7:19 pm

Can any one please reply this as my current extension is 11 month old and I have no incident in this extension of any domestic abuse?? I have only 3 years old police case no and MARAC report by social services which allowed me to resume my relationship. after that my 2.5 year extension expired and I applied on my husband status for extension in july 2023. Till now there was no indecent no case or report to police or any thing on my 11 months old extension. Can I apply for ILR(DV) and how strong my case will be ?

Because home office will say on your current Extension there is no Domestic Violence reported and I left my home and moved to refugee camp so my relation is not broke down my domestic violence as it seems I do not like to live my partner ?

I am so worried as I left my house and immigration consultant in camp is asking my case is weak as I have no proof in my current extension and it is less than year as well. Kindly help me ....

winnie321
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by winnie321 » Mon Jul 15, 2024 12:22 am

I don’t think it will work since the incident was more than 3 years ago

Ginapina2024
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Ginapina2024 » Wed Jul 17, 2024 4:59 pm

Can we actually cancel this application and get the passport back.
What is the procedure to cancel this application and get the passport back
Mine was a free application

mowaid

Post by mowaid » Tue Jul 23, 2024 11:30 am

Yes as far as I know you can withdraw your application at any time to ask home office to return you the passports and can either go back to your home country or can re apply / restore your dependent visa if you show to the home office that your are going to resolve your relationship with your patner. it might take some time but it can work.

The Immigration Rules state that an applicant may ask to withdraw their immigration application at any time before a decision is made on the application.

If the request to withdraw the application is accepted, the date of withdrawal is the date on which the request was received by the Home Office. The withdrawal cannot be stopped once it’s been received by UK Visas and Immigration.

If you are in the UK you must make a valid application before your leave expires. If you have to withdraw your application, remember to reapply before this date to avoid becoming an overstayer.

You may also be able to vary your application. To do so you must submit a further valid application, this will be treated as a valid application and only the most recent application will be considered.

If you were told to attend a biometric enrolment appointment, the appointment at which you give your fingerprints and photo, but you have not yet attended the appointment you will usually be able to get a refund for your application fee.

If you have already attended a biometric enrolment appointment, your application fees will not usually be refunded.

mansooraahmed
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mansooraahmed » Fri Jul 26, 2024 9:24 pm

any one got their decision recently

Nazo
England

Post by Nazo » Fri Jul 26, 2024 9:31 pm

Yes my friend got iLR on DV
Bio on 11 April
Decsion on 1 july

Ginapina2024
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Ginapina2024 » Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:44 am

Anyone applied outside UK ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 27, 2024 6:39 am

Ginapina2024 wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:44 am
Anyone applied outside UK ?
Set DV is not an application that can be made outside the uk. You must be in the uk to make this ILR application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

foreign_affairs
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by foreign_affairs » Sat Jul 27, 2024 7:56 am

It so badly sucks waiting as I applied in Feb 2024. It seems this is the worst type of visa to get as it so nerve racking. You cannot face abuse and humiliation and then still be waiting so long and living in a limbo and in hope that you are somehow believed that you as a guy can face emotional, financial and physical abuse. 6 months clock is in the next 2 weeks. I have a son who I need to be strong for.
What to do? does it take longer? Is there anyone to reach out to? If they need more evidence can they not ask earlier? are men successful in this category?

Ginapina2024
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Ginapina2024 » Sun Jul 28, 2024 5:33 am

It is the TMA application more or less like the Set DV but outside UK

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 28, 2024 6:01 am

Ginapina2024 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2024 5:33 am
It is the TMA application more or less like the Set DV but outside UK
What is a TMA application exactly??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ginapina2024
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Ginapina2024 » Sun Jul 28, 2024 8:46 am

transnational marriage abandonment
Various form of domestic violence in marriage and its forms
A person applies under the one applicable to them

Yas12
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Yas12 » Sun Jul 28, 2024 2:18 pm

Hi please anyone advise me what documents and help required for dv ilr application my wife is controlling and blackmailing me since 1 and half year she always threating ne to deport me if she cancel my application will I have to go back or I have any option to apply dv ilr please help anyone who recently receive success application

rehmana
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by rehmana » Sun Jul 28, 2024 5:48 pm

Justtmee29 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:31 pm
Hello, I would like to give an update about my application. I finally got my set (dv) granted after nearly 5 months. (Thanks God)

Online application: 7th Dec 2023
Biometrics: 20th Dec 2023
Additional information requested: 09th Apr 2024
Approval email recieved: 26th Apr 2024

Please don't hesitate to ask me about any informations you need (if your abuse allegations are genuine only).

It was really a stressful process. Good luck to everyone.
what additional evidences did they ask?

rehmana
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by rehmana » Sun Jul 28, 2024 6:01 pm

i want to know do i need to send bank statement to the home office for fee waiver.
i got crime reference number.
i reported the domestic abuse to the GP.
i will get letters from social services too.

Yas12
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Yas12 » Sun Jul 28, 2024 7:04 pm

rehmana wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2024 5:48 pm
Justtmee29 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:31 pm
Hello, I would like to give an update about my application. I finally got my set (dv) granted after nearly 5 months. (Thanks God)

Online application: 7th Dec 2023
Biometrics: 20th Dec 2023
Additional information requested: 09th Apr 2024
Approval email recieved: 26th Apr 2024

Please don't hesitate to ask me about any informations you need (if your abuse allegations are genuine only).

It was really a stressful process. Good luck to everyone.
what additional evidences did they ask?
Congratulations
I am at the moment very difficult situation if you guide me my wife controlling abusing me for financially aswell what documents required she already left house and she threating me deport me can you please guide me

Samvicky
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by Samvicky » Mon Jul 29, 2024 11:32 pm

Hi I received a letter from home office after five and half month to asking further evidence which I did already provide them when I apply my dv application asking further evidence from 1-charity who’s supporting you.2-need a bank statement or local authority letter they are supporting me?3-asking supporting therapy letter from nhs?can anyone please tell me how can I get these evidence please?many thanks.

Nazo
England

Post by Nazo » Tue Jul 30, 2024 3:13 am

Samvicky wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2024 11:32 pm
Hi I received a letter from home office after five and half month to asking further evidence which I did already provide them when I apply my dv application asking further evidence from 1-charity who’s supporting you.2-need a bank statement or local authority letter they are supporting me?3-asking supporting therapy letter from nhs?can anyone please tell me how can I get these evidence please?many thanks.
Hi
Can you please tell me which evidences you gave to home office before??

Samvicky
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by Samvicky » Tue Jul 30, 2024 11:07 am

Hi I provide already police report,Gp letter,nhs therapy letter,charity letter who supporting me and duty relief letter.

chichi2511
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by chichi2511 » Tue Jul 30, 2024 11:19 pm

Get in touch with your idva if they are still supporting you for further proof that they are ,and for bank statements they are making sure you are actually destitute so if you're on. Benefits a screenshot from universal credit will suffice ,and same goes for therapy letter ,they want to see if the support is ongoing

napo
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by napo » Wed Jul 31, 2024 2:24 pm

Nazo wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2024 3:13 am
Samvicky wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2024 11:32 pm
Hi
Can you please tell me which evidences you gave to home office before??
Hi Nazo,

I RECEIVED A LETTER FROM THE HOME OFFICE ON THE 17TH OF JUNE REQUESTING FOR FURTHE EVIDENCE FROM THE POLICE REPORT, SOCIAL WELFARE SUPPORT, AND EVIDENCE OF DESTITUTION, WHICH I SUBMITTED ON THE 22END JUNE. THEY GOT BACK TO ME ON 8TH JULY, STATING THAT MY APPLICATION RAISES EXCEPTIONALLY COMPLEX ISSUES AND THAT THEY WOULD REQUIRE FURTHER TIME TO CONSIDER THE APPLICATION AND MAKE A DECISION.

TO THIS MOMENT, I HAVE NOT HEARD FROM THEM.

WHAT COULD BE THE WAY FORWARD IN SUCH CIRCUMSTANCES

Samvicky
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by Samvicky » Wed Jul 31, 2024 6:17 pm

chichi2511 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2024 11:19 pm
Get in touch with your idva if they are still supporting you for further proof that they are ,and for bank statements they are making sure you are actually destitute so if you're on. Benefits a screenshot from universal credit will suffice ,and same goes for therapy letter ,they want to see if the support is ongoing
Great 👍🏻 thank you