ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

siroc
Australia

Re: EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by siroc » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:16 pm

tutudelucy wrote:Congratulations! I sent my application on 26 Nov 2013. Hopefully I will receive my residence card soon. Fingers crossed.

I submitted my EEA2 application under the student route (unmarried couple), my boyfriend is still a student at the moment. But he received a job offer, starting in Jun 2014(after his graduation). Would you suggest me to send this information to support my application?

I called Home Office yesterday, the lady thought because I am applying under the student route, my boyfriend's employment status does not matter. Plus, he is still a student at the moment and has not take the employment yet. But I think by accepting the job offer shows that we are planning to stay in the UK for a longer term. What do you guys think?
Thanks. :) Curiously, my wife is due to graduate in April this year and this was a concern of ours as well. We merely wrote in the cover letter that her intention is to seek employment following her graduation. Indeed, I don't think it would be of any relevance to your application given that he applied under the student route.

Ondatra
Newly Registered

Post by Ondatra » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:04 pm

Hi everyone,

Here is our timeline:

05/10/2013 (Saturday) - EEA1 (Lithuanian) and EEA2 (American) applications sent to UKBA
08/10/2013 - applications received at Durham
09/10/2013 - payment taken from our bank account
17/10/2013 - acknowledgement letter from UKBA (dated 09/10/2013)
07/11/2013 - CoA (approximate date)
07/01/2013 - additional documents sent
06/02/2013 - RC and registration certificate received

So, it took 4 months. We are very very happy! I just wanted to thank everyone here, especially the moderators for all the help. This is a great forum!

These are the documents we submitted:

Marriage Certificate
Council tax and utility bills
EEA national's work contract
A letter from the employer
EEA1 and EEA2 application forms

Additional documents:

Payslips for the last 3 months
A letter from the employer confirming that EEA passed probationary period

I wish everyone good luck!

tutudelucy
Newly Registered

Post by tutudelucy » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:09 pm

siroc wrote:
tutudelucy wrote:Congratulations! I sent my application on 26 Nov 2013. Hopefully I will receive my residence card soon. Fingers crossed.

I submitted my EEA2 application under the student route (unmarried couple), my boyfriend is still a student at the moment. But he received a job offer, starting in Jun 2014(after his graduation). Would you suggest me to send this information to support my application?

I called Home Office yesterday, the lady thought because I am applying under the student route, my boyfriend's employment status does not matter. Plus, he is still a student at the moment and has not take the employment yet. But I think by accepting the job offer shows that we are planning to stay in the UK for a longer term. What do you guys think?
Thanks. :) Curiously, my wife is due to graduate in April this year and this was a concern of ours as well. We merely wrote in the cover letter that her intention is to seek employment following her graduation. Indeed, I don't think it would be of any relevance to your application given that he applied under the student route.

Thanks Siroc, I should be patiently waiting for my RC then.

tutudelucy
Newly Registered

Post by tutudelucy » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:11 pm

Ondatra wrote:Hi everyone,

Here is our timeline:

05/10/2013 (Saturday) - EEA1 (Lithuanian) and EEA2 (American) applications sent to UKBA
08/10/2013 - applications received at Durham
09/10/2013 - payment taken from our bank account
17/10/2013 - acknowledgement letter from UKBA (dated 09/10/2013)
07/11/2013 - CoA (approximate date)
07/01/2013 - additional documents sent
06/02/2013 - RC and registration certificate received

So, it took 4 months. We are very very happy! I just wanted to thank everyone here, especially the moderators for all the help. This is a great forum!

These are the documents we submitted:

Marriage Certificate
Council tax and utility bills
EEA national's work contract
A letter from the employer
EEA1 and EEA2 application forms

Additional documents:

Payslips for the last 3 months
A letter from the employer confirming that EEA passed probationary period

I wish everyone good luck!
Congratulations! Why did you send additional documents? Did they ask for?

Ondatra
Newly Registered

Post by Ondatra » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:53 pm

Nope, they didn't ask for them. When we applied, I had just started working and had no payslips to show. We didn't want to wait as my husband's family permit was due to expire in 2 weeks.

We decided to send the additional documents to show that I am still working and that I have passed my probationary period. I do think that it helped to speed up our application, because the decision was taken straight after the documents were attached to our case (we called to inquire about that). I am not sure whether it was the additional proof of my employment or simply the fact that the case worker had to look into the case when he/she received those documents, but I do believe it helped in some way.

All the best!

Babak
Newly Registered

Post by Babak » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:46 pm

Hi everyone,

23/09/2013 EEA1 and EEA2 applications sent (unmarried partner)
25/09/2013 applications received by HO
07/10/2013 COA received with no right to work
24/01/2014 at 7:30 morning two HO officers knocked the door and came in to check us (fortunately we both were home)
07/02/2014 called to HO and they told me that decision has not been made yet!!!

Now my question is should i send a request for our documents back? As i have no more valid visa in my passport will they send it back to me? Is asking documents back wont push them to make a decision faster as already we have applied for almost five months?
Any response or suggestion will be greatly appreciated :)

yummy
Newly Registered

Post by yummy » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:49 pm

just a simple question ........
my case is in HO from last 6 weeks .. i need my passport back for a week travel .. what should i do ?
should i withdraw my application .. ??? .... or just request fr my passpot back ???
i need passport but dont want to loose almost 6 weeks times from the day my passport is in HO ..

moin
Newly Registered

Post by moin » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:55 pm

Hello everyone,

I am in desperate need of some advice please, I applied for EEA2 with supporting documents as

Jobseeker's Proof from Jobcentre plus (WIFE'S)
Marriage Certificate
2 photos of myself
wife ID card
my passport
EEA2 form completed.

55 pounds Payment taken by HO on 4 feb 2014.

Problem Is some people on here are saying that I should have Included our tenancy agreement and our son Birth certificate *(born in Spain) also in the documents and opinion here is I might get a refusal because of my wife being a job-seekers the HO would like her to be in employment rather then the job-seekers. so can anyone experienced here please advice if i should get my wife a job as soon as possible and send in the other documents like job contract and my son birth certificate and tenancy agreement. *(its just on my wife name) And if you think there is anything else that i should include please tell me thanks.

tutudelucy
Newly Registered

Post by tutudelucy » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:37 pm

Ondatra wrote:Nope, they didn't ask for them. When we applied, I had just started working and had no payslips to show. We didn't want to wait as my husband's family permit was due to expire in 2 weeks.

We decided to send the additional documents to show that I am still working and that I have passed my probationary period. I do think that it helped to speed up our application, because the decision was taken straight after the documents were attached to our case (we called to inquire about that). I am not sure whether it was the additional proof of my employment or simply the fact that the case worker had to look into the case when he/she received those documents, but I do believe it helped in some way.

All the best!
That is well thought. I am waiting for mine. It may will take another one month.

kulemeg
Newly Registered

Post by kulemeg » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:31 am

My personal experience is sadly complete opposite of average 2 months.... Our application started in november 2012 as stated here earlier : EEA2 applied 22/11/12
COA received week later but with no right to work ( did not bother us , as my wife was pregnant at that time )
straightforward husband and wife with no kids or other family members application rejected after more than 7 months ( I have suspicion that they were deliberately dragging their feet in order to force us to pay or new fee or appeal ) - the best part was their explanation why they refused wife's RC - they stated that I have proved that I pay regular taxes and have regular work related income as a self-employed person but I have not shown any economic activity therefore RC got refused.... I'd like to see the clever and bright fella who actually decided our application. Anyway I got seriously upset, even more so when I realised they were about to start charging EEA related fee ( and my suspicion is that is exactly why they tried to do what they did ) so wrote them a letter asking to reconsider or reapply stating that if work related income and more than 10 years of paying taxes is not a sign of economic activity I would like them to tell me what in their opinion is. Also in no uncertain terms I explained that my wife is most definitely not making any plans to leave the country and as she is about to give birth any day nor she has it in mind for foreseeable future . 3 days later we got new COA with right to work so I think someone with bit of brain looked into it ( last day before they started charging for it ) and I hope we can finally get her RC in few months time - or I might be dreaming yet again as with UKBA or whatever they 're called these days nothing will ever surprise me :roll: :roll: :roll:

Simple paying tax or NI does not means that the person is an economically active.

You can solve this issue by sending sell and purchase receipts,bank transactions which proofs that the person is an economically active in the society.

Your refusal reason is totally non professionalism.

Imshzd I would kind of understand that if only what I sent was NI or tax payments, but I sent 7 or 8 years of full tax return print out, complete with all expenses and income , my london taxi licence, black cab hire and repayments, taxi insurance for good few months and a covering letter explaining why I do not need an accountant or a business account, garage receipts etc... First so called UKBA wouldn't spot that my wife is in fact my wife, therefore providing she wanted she would be allowed to work, then 7 months later after agreeing that I have " work related income and pay tax from it " they still wanted to see some signs of economic activity. So I'm still waiting for their explanation what exactly in their opinion is being economically active as clearly being london black cab driver is not the case.
After many and many phone calls and letters UKBA answered in june 2013 and invited us to attend an interview, which was not possible as my wife was just about to give birth and labour ward was already expected her and all that ( we had our son 4th of july last year, interview was planned for 6th... ) after my explanation and letter from GP, hospital and midwife UKBA went quiet again and in november 2012 they finally refused as according to them not attending an interview is their proof that we have entered a marriage of convenience and that also I still have not provided them with the evidence that I exercise my right as they can not see that I am economically active... :oops: :x :roll: . That made me really really angry, but somehow I managed to send fairly polite letter in which I stated that we could not attend an interview as my wife was having a baby at the very time their asked to see us, I pointed out that we have sent explanation and the evidence of that too, I asked how can they even state that we entered marriage of convenience as their own rules prohibit them to question marriage where there is a child and last but not the least what they consider to be economically active as I send them 2755 grams of evidence that I am a london black cab driver, I pay tax, NINO run my cab, series it and keep it insured etc.... last week they refused us AGAIn , stating that we have not attended the interview, therefore we have entered a marriage of convenience and according to them I still do not exercise EU treaty rights.... Already sent copy of everything to my MP and I am seriously considering sending them to court, yet UKBA is adamant that they are right and I am wrong... so nothing and I do mean NOTHING will surprise me anymore , as long as there is UKBA or any of their latest re incarnation involvement, I am planning and preparing for the worst possible outcome and/or utter disregard for the law from their side. so in my case so far 14 months and counting ... with my wife never even been in the UK before so no adverse history, no extended family, we have a child together, I have been living and working in UK for last 10 years or so, yet UKBA keep reiterating that A I do not exercise my rights B we have entered a marriage of convenience with both of their claims utter nonsense, but no matter how much evidence to the contrary I send them, it is all send back few months later and their answer is exactly the same...

lingua
Newly Registered

Post by lingua » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:24 pm

You need to give yourself 6 month period to prepare, hope this helps.
for further help visit [url:http://www.immigrationvisa4uk.com/]www.immigrationvisa4uk.com[/url]

OlaDPounds
United Kingdom

Post by OlaDPounds » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:47 am

Babak wrote:Hi everyone,

23/09/2013 EEA1 and EEA2 applications sent (unmarried partner)
25/09/2013 applications received by HO
07/10/2013 COA received with no right to work
24/01/2014 at 7:30 morning two HO officers knocked the door and came in to check us (fortunately we both were home)
07/02/2014 called to HO and they told me that decision has not been made yet!!!

Now my question is should i send a request for our documents back? As i have no more valid visa in my passport will they send it back to me? Is asking documents back wont push them to make a decision faster as already we have applied for almost five months?
Any response or suggestion will be greatly appreciated :)
Hello Babak,

Sorry I don't think requesting for the return of your passport will be possible basically because you have no valid visa on it so just chill till a decision is reached. Cheers
Life is a race so run it well

Smpatel
Newly Registered

Post by Smpatel » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:00 pm

Hi guys I need desperate help I have applied my case in 7 July 2012 on the basis of zambrano and it's been rejected on 3of February 2014 . I have applied through solicitor he advised me to apply zambrano as well as second application he advised me to do SET O both application cost me £7000 now one has been rejected with no right to Appel but home office said I can make fresh application for zambrano .i don't have my country passport Indian. I have still set o pending. Now mt right of work has gone as it was based on zambrano. My solicitor is advising me to go to either juridical review . Or apply further evidence in set o as I have stress related issues in my private life and involve social worker and take report from them and submit to them report.
I am in uk from 1999 I came as illegal. I mate my British partner 2007 .I have daughter in 2009. All I made mistake is I have shown my bad quality British passport and told truth to solicitor and he did submitted with my application to home office. So if I make new application on eea2 will they again punish me.
Need urgent help help help I

matricol
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2

Post by matricol » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:30 pm

matricol wrote:EEA2 application sent: 27/11/2013
Application received by HO: 28/11/2013
Letter from HO confirming application received:30/11/2013 dated 29/11/2013
COA with no right to work: 27/12/2013 dated 20/12/2013
My application has been refused on the grounds that i have not provided evidence of my identity. I sent to the HO my Biometric Passport which seems they have lost it :shock: :shock: :shock: . I used the Special Recorded Delivery and got the confirmation from Royal Mail ( with name and signature of delivery) that the item has been delivered undamaged. Received back the rest of the supporting documents. Have to sort out this situation which honestly makes me laugh. Fortunately I have my National ID card, driving license as proof of ID and marriage certificate to an EU national. Thank you UKBA.
Let you know the rest.

Smpatel
Newly Registered

Post by Smpatel » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:16 pm

Can anyone please confirm non eea member of British partner and had daughter together, can I apply for EEA2 afterbeen refuse zambrano. As my ssolicitor is saying if my partner and daughter are British I can't apply for eea2 any one hot idea of it pls.help urgent will appreciate. Your response . Thanks

tutudelucy
Newly Registered

Post by tutudelucy » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:10 pm

Just received my residence card.
Sent: 25/11/2013
Received:26/11/2013
RC issued: 07/02/2014
RC received: 12/02/2014

That was faster than what I thought. Wish everyone the best of luck.

yummy
Newly Registered

Post by yummy » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:34 pm

today i called home office at 0151 672 5626 .. choosed EU option over the phone .. heard some record information and closed .
its been said that this is the real number behind the website one .
can someone guide or tell experience ... requested my passport back from HO last Sunday for my EEA2 application .
do i need to call on website number or should i wait atleast 10 days ???

OlaDPounds
United Kingdom

Post by OlaDPounds » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:48 pm

tutudelucy wrote:Just received my residence card.
Sent: 25/11/2013
Received:26/11/2013
RC issued: 07/02/2014
RC received: 12/02/2014

That was faster than what I thought. Wish everyone the best of luck.
Congratulations.

OlaDPounds
United Kingdom

Post by OlaDPounds » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:51 pm

yummy wrote:today i called home office at 0151 672 5626 .. choosed EU option over the phone .. heard some record information and closed .
its been said that this is the real number behind the website one .
can someone guide or tell experience ... requested my passport back from HO last Sunday for my EEA2 application .
do i need to call on website number or should i wait atleast 10 days ???
@yummy,in what form did you request for your passport? is it by email or the online form? Also is the passport you have requested for an EEA or Non-EEA as it can take from 10-20 working days. Cheers

OlaDPounds
United Kingdom

Post by OlaDPounds » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:03 pm

mian wrote:hi,

my oral hearing held on 23rd december 2013, till now i havnt heard anything from tribunal , today i call them and they told me judge havnt made any decision,
its more than 4 weeks any idea how long it will take ?
but my 2nd fresh application which submit on 20 Oct 2013 still under process in UKBA ,

any suggestion about appeal decision time ?
You just have to wait till the judge reach a decision.

ErrantBoy
Newly Registered

Post by ErrantBoy » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:18 pm

Just called the HO.
My documents were sent back to me one hour ago with the letter for the decision.
Stress time as they refused to share the decision over the phone. don't know if positive or not.
here is the timeline
Sent: 28/11/2013
Received:29/11/2013
acknowledgement: 05/12/2013
COA No right to work: 20/12/2013 [ unmarried partner route ]
Documents sent back: 12/02/2014
Fingers crossed !

OlaDPounds
United Kingdom

Post by OlaDPounds » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:03 pm

ErrantBoy wrote:Just called the HO.
My documents were sent back to me one hour ago with the letter for the decision.
Stress time as they refused to share the decision over the phone. don't know if positive or not.
here is the timeline
Fingers crossed !
I wish you a positive decision. Cheers

ErrantBoy
Newly Registered

Post by ErrantBoy » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:31 pm

OlaDPounds wrote:
here is the timeline
Fingers crossed !
Don't know if sending all my documents with me while I have no valid visa in the passport means the decision is positive. I guess, I just have to stop thinking about that.

OlaDPounds
United Kingdom

Post by OlaDPounds » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:00 pm

ErrantBoy wrote:
OlaDPounds wrote:
here is the timeline
Fingers crossed !
Don't know if sending all my documents with me while I have no valid visa in the passport means the decision is positive. I guess, I just have to stop thinking about that.
Hi please stay positive and stop thinking about the wrong one. If your decision is positive that is when they return all your documents including your passport and it doesn't matter if you did have an existing visa under the EU regulation.

yummy
Newly Registered

Post by yummy » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:23 pm

got passport back after 3 days of making request ..
Sunday was made request via e-form as well as via email .. and Thursday received passport back .