ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

teranos
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by teranos » Mon Jun 10, 2024 12:42 pm

molio wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2024 11:58 am
Hi all,

Thank you for the fantastic community effort. I have received contradictory information from the FBR office when I have called up to check on wait times, so this thread and spreadsheet are a great help! I've been told today that I should expect a further 6 months wait, which would take the wait time up to 15 months (from 9-10 months). Does this match with what others have been told?

I'm trying to move to Brussels with my partner and have began receiving job offers that are pending work eligibility, so the uncertainty around the timeline is proving difficult when negotiating with potential employers (employers are generally are very reluctant to pursue visa sponsorship but obviously need a reliable timeline for citizenship).

Applied online: 23/08/23
Application form & Docs posted: 31/08/23
Application form & Docs Delivered: 05/09/23
Confirmation email: 19/09/23
Address Verification: ——
Congrats email: ——
Cert received: ——
Hi ,

Who told you to expect a further 6 months ? (you called the FBR office and provided your application number ) . I dont remember a time where those people tell accurate info TBH.

Is your application straight forward with documents ? (If not they might be right)

I can see that you are still at 8 months from confirmation email () , did you apply within Ireland ?

Cheers

molio
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by molio » Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:46 pm

Hi @teranos,

I called the FBR office, I didn't get as far as providing my application number. It's true that I've called a number of times and each time get a different estimate, but none as late as the recent one.

I applied outside of Ireland (England), and my application should be straightforward with all the documents.

I noticed from the spreadsheet that one of the recently approved ones (DC, 609) says there is a 2-3 month wait on printing. So, including delivery times etc, perhaps there will be a 6 month wait before I have a certificate in my hands and can apply for a passport.

Thanks!

Neilbstone
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Neilbstone » Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:45 pm

i called FBR this morning.....about my wife's application made in January. Told they are currently taking 12-15 months and not to expect anything until November by way of update.

Very helpful but looks like a bit slower than expected.

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:16 pm

Neilbstone wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:45 pm
i called FBR this morning.....about my wife's application made in January. Told they are currently taking 12-15 months and not to expect anything until November by way of update.

Yes. A glut of FBR & passport applications has stretched their personnel thin.Right now they are starting to get through July 2023 applicants....slowly. I also think they are more picky now about documents & ask for more documents more often. Which means delays for those people. Patience is key and you're application is down the road for now.

jgclancy

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Re: FAQ Foreign Birth Registration

Post by jgclancy » Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:28 pm

cici3a89 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:28 pm
HI Quick question
ref this section 8. Make sure you use the same witness for everything - stamp not needed but a business card is accepted no problem. I asked them to use the words - certified to be a true copy of the original seen by me; followed by name, job, date and signature for all documents.

i have all my stuff signed and ready to go but regarding my dads photocopy of his passport, will he need his witness to provide a stamp/ business card or can they just certify as you mentioned above and sign?
Parents ID needs to be certified by a witness from the list.Statement, sign, dated by a witness. No card is needed. I advise you get it notarized . I tell people to notarize everything if they can. Once notarized it's a government approved entity.

jgclancy

J_W
Newly Registered
England

Post by J_W » Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:20 am

Neilbstone wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:45 pm

Looking at other peoples recent experiences, it seems to be taking 10-12 months. They'll always overshoot just to ensure that you're not hanging on for something before it's ready. Here is to hoping they get back to the 9 month timeline it was taking a month or two ago :)